on May 6, 2012
Impossible PX 70 Color Shade for SX-70 camera (PRD_1171) <~~film readily available from Amazon. Tired of people saying you can't buy film for their sx70's or 600's. I've heard too many stories of people throwing away or recycling these great cameras because they think they're useless. Buy some instant film from Impossible, the only folks making it for this camera, and start shooting amazing pictures again.

Now that that's out of the way. I love my SX-70 one-step. I have the matching Q-Light and besides my shots coming out great, it's the coolest camera on my shelf. It might as well have "HugMe" printed in italicized Helvetica as well.
77 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2013
The camera was meant as a gift for my sister so we ordered it and it arrived very quickly, much faster than expected. The camera is working wonderfully, my sister loves it, and I'm just very pleased by the service provided. Thank you so much!
on June 11, 2014
I am so excited about this product! Many people were saying that there was no film available for this camera since it was temporarily discontinued back ago, but impossible film sells plenty of film for this particular camera series. I just ordered a bunch on their website at the-impossible-project.com/film be sure to visit the website and order some for yourselves!
on April 2, 2016
The camera looks like the one in the picture very vintage and lovely. Has some scratches since it was used. But the quality of the pictures is really bad. Light is almost impossible manageable for the camera to get good results. I guess it is just way too old.
on August 6, 2014
I've used it through 4 packs of Impossible film, and it malfunctioned on the 3rd. However, it worked fine with the fourth. The packaging was damaged for the 3rd, which is most likely the culprit.
on February 20, 2015
Well the shutter is broken right out of the bage it came with. I loaded in a new film cartridge from Impossible and the camera recognized it and ejected the cover film. But when I went to snap off a shot it just made a clicking sound. I turned it around and saw that the shutter was barely nudging. Anyway, what can you expect from from such an old camera. They werent built to last really. These were the more affordable of the polaroid line back in their day. I sent and email to the seller: Your Epowet and I'll ipdate this review after they give me some options.

Hope your experience goes much more smoothly.

Rev.

Just got off the phone with the seller and he was very accommodating. We worked out an agreement and he's going to send me a replacement. If you're looking to buy, buy from this man. If you get a dud you get a replacement.
on August 6, 2015
Incredibly fun camera, as lovely, futuristic, and satisfying in the hand as the original non-Sonar sx-70, but with the incredible sonar ultrasonic autofocus! AF even works in the dark! Get the early chrome and leather Sonar, it also allows manual focus as on the non-Sonar sx-70, so you get the best of both worlds. AF is very accurate on these, and if you want you can let the camera AF, and then also fine tune the focus manually.
When these first came out, they seemed like science fiction!
on July 29, 2013
super great, i love how the polaroid pictures come out and how pretty they are... also the camera was in pristine condition
on August 11, 2015
The camera seemed to work fine but it offered little adjustment possibilities, resulting in inconsistent and almost temperamental results. I supposed it might also have to do with the film available.
on July 15, 2015
I'm so happy with my purchase!! Prefect condition and looks awesome!!