5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy for kayak
Published 12 months ago by Elizabeth Flory

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
I sent it back because it didn't work with my equipment. Hopefully Ill get a refund soon
Published 3 days ago by Chippy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy for kayak, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Polaroid XS80 HD 1080p 16MP Waterproof Sports Action Video Camera With Mounting Kit Included (Electronics)
Used this on a week long kayak trip and took 70 short video clips up to 4 minutes long. Battery still good. I got a 32gb card and did not run out of space and I used maximum resolution. I tried various camera angles, attaching to the kayak in various places. You do have to guess the shot you will capture, but I ended up with some great clips. Some shots are not level, but the boat is curved and moving on water, which could account for that. When I used the camera on land it was level though there is some curve to the wideangle you get. Seemed to adjust well to different lighting shots though I haven't tried very low light. The sound is fairly quiet, but it does record sounds. I did have some trouble downloading images to my mac and it seems to only work with the connection cable that came with the camera versus other cords I have that fit the camera. I have a few files that won't play, but might still work with different software. It does give a very different perspective attached to kayak - I bought the suction cup to attach it to the boat and used the safety attachment cord as well - worked great. I'm sure it got splashed by water a little and is doing fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, February 1, 2014
Mounted it on my bicycle helmet to record video feed in case of an accident.
The video feed is really clear in the day, but a bit weak in the night.
Overall, still a pretty good purchase, although the battery life could be better...

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 10, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars worth the $, January 16, 2014
camera works great, I wish the battery had a longer lifetime. And make sure you read the manual, new buyers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Camera, January 19, 2014
J. May "J May" (San Antonio, Texas) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 10-year-old son as a gift and he absolutely loves it. He has figured everything out on his own, so it is not too difficult to operate and view his videos. He has had it for a month now and we have had no issues. We did purchase the repair warranty just in case. Would recommend this camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing website, December 17, 2013
Borsia Novak (Where am I? What day is it?) - See all my reviews
I had done a search to buy a Polaroid XS100 action cam and landed on this sellers page. I saw a sale price for $129.95 & shipping and clicked on "buy it". What I didn't notice was that the model # changed from XS100 to XS80.
Because I live in Asia and everything is repackaged and bulk shipped to me I didn't receive it until 60 days later. Also there is no way to deal with exchanging anything.
Will the lesser model work? Possibly though it only comes with 1 mount instead of 3 which means I will have to cut the mount up and try to piece something together, never fun in the 3rd world.
I admit that it is just as much my fault for not being more careful. Still VERY annoying. Why would there be a sale price offered for anything but the main item on the page / search?

Rate and Discover Movies