Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 42 questions
vote
Well, I surely found out the hard way that "in oven" doesn't really mean "in oven". Just melted mine.
Dec 16, 2014 by Barbara Bayles
vote
We just recently got it, but it appears to have a more solid cord/unit connection than the one it replaced. Also, it goes sub room temperature so it is good for measuring the chill on items such as homemade ice cream. I'd consider it to be a good value.
Jun 24, 2013 by David M. Eiffert
vote
Yes, both temps show simultaneously. There is an alarm for when the set temp is reached -- you can turn the alarm on or off.
Mar 17, 2014 by William Bliss
vote
Yes. It can be used just as a timer. Easy to set and easy to read.
Mar 16, 2014 by V. Walker
vote
Yes, I would say it's a very good idea to. Never have myself as I don't use one much, I've usually used my slow cooker for stews and chili.
Jan 8, 2014 by Amazon Customer
vote
Bet you're making yogurt! That's what I want it for, anyway. I had a thermometer almost identical to this one, and while the alarm would go off for the upper temp, it wouldn't go off when it reached the lower temp. Did you ever purchase this, Iris, and does it work for what you (I) want?
May 6, 2014 by Casey D.
vote
If you are sure that the probe/wire will not go above 392°F in your smoker, then certainly!
Jan 2, 2013 by C. R. Daley
votes
There is an option of C or F... just have to set it up for it
Dec 24, 2013 by Lumosvalley
votes
My Polder thermometer is a different model, but I have ordered new probes from Amazon for mine. I would be confident enough to order this probe for a newer Polder gauge. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GUJ82I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER I think the polder is an excellent oven thermometer. The first one I had had a wire mesh shield on the temp probe, the new ones have a synthetic shield that holds up great.
Dec 27, 2013 by DJ
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers