5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice cover!
Published on February 2, 2010 by Violet-NY

1.0 out of 5 stars No way to tighten
Published on December 9, 2011 by Lydia Wootten

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice cover!, February 2, 2010
I love this cover! I have only been using it for a week but it's nice and fits very snug. If you want to keep the cover as snug as possible, you should buy those extra cover fasteners for underneath the board that are sold separately. But it fits fine without them too. They would just make it even more snug to the board. It has tight elastic all the way around the outside so it pulls tight around the board. I like the fact that the pad and the cover are one piece. I also want to emphasize that I do not have a Polder brand board and it still fits great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Ironing Pad and Cover, September 26, 2009
Margaret E. Graham (Virginia Beach, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I have owned a Polder ironing board for about ten years and needed a new cover. The replacement cover is better than the original.
It is durable and padded - very easy to iron on. I love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars No way to tighten, December 9, 2011
Lydia Wootten (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polder IBC-9449-82 Ironing Board Cover and Pad, 49 by 18-Inch, Natural (Misc.)
This ironing board cover has a stretchy band around the edge that does nothing to tighten the cover and create a smooth fit. The edges ripple which is terrible for ironing. The description refers to a bungee cord which is misleading because there is no separate cord. The manufacturer is referring to the stretchy band around the edge. This is a bad design, for as we all know, to get a good fit on an ironing board cover, you need to both tighten the edge and have bands that cross under the board. I suggest Rowenta ZD6020 which is hard to find but has both a well designed drawstring and two strong velcro straps that cross under the board holding the cover tight and smooth. As for the Polder, forget it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polder Ironing Board Cover, May 9, 2009
It seems this size cover 51 in x 17 is hard to find. I believe Polder no longer makes this size ironing board. The covers are great. Plenty of padding for my needs and good thickness of fabric. I prefer a lighter color but amazon only carries the cocoa color. I would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Replacement for the Orginal Cover, March 3, 2010
This cover is 100 times better than the original cover that came with my Polder Ironing Board. The fit is great and the fabric is very nice. The brown color is a change from the original off white cover but I'm hoping that it will hide scorch marks much better. I am planning to add some of those ironing board cover grips as I'm pretty aggressive with my iron.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits so nicely, August 8, 2011
I bought a 54" x 13.5" board at Wal Mart for $13.50 and bought this cover to put on it. In regards to an ironing board, I couldn't be more happy. The cover has no draw strings or straps to hold it in place - only the elastic. The pad and cover are one piece so it's not frustrating while you're positioning the cover. With a little work shaping it around the board it was tight and wrinkle-free. I had purchased some straps to further secure it but haven't installed them. Absolutely no need for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars good selection, July 18, 2010
some of the store bought ironing board covers are too small--they say they fit a normal ironing board but are usually chinzy on the fabric. this cover however is ample and fits very well. i always buy the silver non stick just incase i spill something on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars extra large ironing board cover, February 5, 2009
amazonfan (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I like the product because it fits like a glove - I suppose that's why it's a little difficult to put on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect thickness for home use, September 7, 2011
I had to order a new ironing board cover after my last one got way too old and the foam underneath started to disintegrate. At first I ordered the thick one made for "heavy use" but it ended up being WAY too thick, almost like ironing on a mattress. This one is a good compromise between thickness and practicality. I imagine this cover would last me many years before having to replace it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought my Old Ironing Board Back to Life!, August 17, 2011
I have a 15 year-old ironing board, which with average use is beginning to show its age. I definitely needed a new ironing board pad and cover, as the old one was getting quite ragged. This Polder ironing pad and cover is genius! While putting it on the board I could tell it was well constructed and of high quality. It provides an excellent base for all your ironing needs. It is sturdy enough to keep your fabrics flat under the pressure of the iron, yet as the same time soft and pliable enough to keep your fabrics free of damage. It even looks great! It has brought my old ironing board back to life, and even give me the incentive to break it out more frequently (for a while at least). Highly recommended!