5.0 out of 5 stars Easier ironing!
I have a very old and very large ironing board that I use at least 3 times a week. I've had to replace the cover at least 4 times before. However, this is the first time I ordered one on the internet. I found this one just by searching several sites. This one looked like a good buy plus it was for heavy use. When I received the cover, I was impressed with the quality of...
Published on April 19, 2010 by Sheila K. Pressnell

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware of the size!
The cover/pad definitely was heavy-duty and has a fun retro design, but unlike most ironing board covers this one is not adjustable.

Do yourself a favor and measure your ironing board before ordering. Otherwise, you'll find yourself making a return to Amazon like me.
Published on January 3, 2010 by C. Michael Cook

‹ Previous | 1 2 343 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars The pad without much padding!, April 4, 2011
I ordered this ironing pad & cover because it was from the same manufacturer as my ironing board AND because it indicated it was for "heavy use." It's got a very nice cover, but not very much pad! If this is what they consider for heavy use, I'd hate to see what the light use one is like! The pad is very minimal and when I iron, the grid marks from the board come right through and imprint on my clothes. I'm not very impressed with it and certainly wouldn't order it again or recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty ironing board cover, April 4, 2011
This review is from: Polder IBC-9548-82 48-Inch Heavy Use Replacement Ironing Pad and Cover (Kitchen)
This ironing board cover is everything it said it was. I did need to take off other covers to insure this one's fit.
I am a quilter and garment maker, the ironing surface is important! I recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ironing board pad/cover, February 8, 2011
This pad/cover is very thick and seems sturdy. My problem with it is that there is a long lump or thick crease somewhere inside the padding which I have not been able to completely smooth out, though it does seem to be gradually lessening with use. Of course this interferes with the functionality of the product. Also, I was disappointed in the adjustability, or lack thereof, in fitting the pad onto the ironing board, especially as mine slips around a little bit. There is no drawstring or velcro straps with which to get the fit you want. I am concerned that the elastic which is the only means of securing the pad in place does not seem particularly strong and may wear out well before the rest of the materials used. Overall I am satisfied with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement cover for a Polder Board, August 5, 2012
Suzanne (San Diego, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I have a Polder board that requires a 49" x 18" replacement cover, so I ordered this. It fits, and my only complaint is that the bungee elastic is not as tight as it could be. The original pad came with a drawstring for the neck of the cover, and that was great. The replacement covers are all bungee elastic around the edges. I would have given this 5 stars if the fit had been tighter.

I noticed some reviewers gave lower ratings because the cover didn't fit their boards. Not the fault of the maker, fyi. Personally, I would never buy this cover unless the measurements matched and/or I had a Polder board. (I am also not going to buy tires designed for a Ford truck to put on my Chevy coupe, but that's just me)

If you want to order this cover and you don't own a Polder board, measure carefully and buy the cover clips in case your board is too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 14, 2012
Mary Mac (Redondo Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This ironing board cover is thicker/plusher than I expected so I'm thrilled with it. I learned "heavy use" means if you iron at least once a week - that's heavy use! I'm glad I ordered the heavy use! I had no idea what light, medium and heavy use meant but once a week doesn't seem like heavy use to me!

Others have complained about the lumpiness of this cover and I noticed that but thought it would disappear with use. Instead, I reapplied my original, very thin cover and placed this new cover over it. Now the cover feels smooth. I've ironed one shirt and it's a wonderful difference between the original thin cover (where I could feel the metal board underneath and even see the impressions on the shirts!). Now my iron glides! Love it! I'm not a big fan of green but wanted something other than the plain silver or a brown pattern, so green was the only other option. It's a cool, sooothing green and I like it. The packaging says there's a bungee cord to tighten the cover. My cheap, original cover does have a bungree cord but this new cover simply has elastic all the way around the cover and the cover fits snugly. No need to tighten it (my board is 48x18"). So saying it has a bungee cord - well - it has elastic that is not adjustable. I'm very pleased with this cover.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice ironing board cover, May 19, 2011
This is the heavy duty cover which includes the thick pad underneath. I highly recommend getting this one, even if you don't iron that much. It really makes the ironing job much easier. The cover with pad fits perfectly with elastic all around, and it stays put. Not crazy about the brown color of the cover, however, it will resist showing scorch marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied!, February 3, 2009
S. Morris (Thousand Oaks, CA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this replacement ironing pad and cover because the one I had was completely loose on the board. This one fits very snug and is very high quality. I highly recommend this cover!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but stains too easily, November 2, 2009
Nice quality, and pretty good padding. Needs to be offered in different, darker colors so the staining doesn't show. I've had mine less than a month and it's already stained.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit, February 11, 2014
This Polder cover does not fit the 48x18 board as described. I measure the board multiple times to se if it was me. The board is 48x18, but the cover is 4-5 inches short. Also, the original board cover had a cinching cord, and this one only has a connected elastic. Ridiculous! Lastly, I like the Polder board, but could not find the model number to save my life. In the end I will try other covers in search of a fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" item, December 27, 2011
It seems that nowadays you can't find a quality thick pad iron board in the stores. All the ironing boards today come with thin pads which allow the underlying metal lattice of the iron board to heat up and potentially burn clothes (I have a satin shirt with a permanent diamond lattice pattern ironed into it due to this). I iron my shirts every morning before work and have been using this pad for over a year now. It transformed my cheap frustrating ironing board into one that I actually enjoy using and allows me to using my iron on a higher setting.

I read in some reviews where people where complaining about ridges and creases on the pad. This is easily fixed by ironing the pad after putting it on the ironing board using the highest heat setting with either a high steam setting or spraying it with water and ironing it out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 343 | Next ›