4.0 out of 5 stars Police Promotional Material
I had to study this book for an upper management promotion test with a major police department. Although some of the material wasn't relevant to my department, it did have a lot of information that was useful. The book is an easy read for the most part and the chapter reviews were very useful. I would recommend a study guide. By the way...I passed the test.
Published on April 22, 2008 by S. P. christ

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
The book was okay. Had some interesting information in it. Not bad, not great. For the price, you could probably buy the end of book test questions some companies put out and get just as much info.
Published 19 months ago by Michelle Ridlehoover

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Police Promotional Material, April 22, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent book, good theory..., June 8, 2014
Jay (Houston, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
... But 8th editions need relentless editorial review and checks for consistencies. Too many minor errors and inconsistencies to merit that fifth star. These authors know their books are being used for promotional tests... So lots of lists and lots of qualifiers. This is all part of the industry... Aggravating, but part of the game. The book covers the main theories and provides a solid general introduction to Police Administration.

4.0 out of 5 stars For school only, November 16, 2013
Read it if you have to for school. I would not recommend it otherwise. It is hard to stay focused on.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Book Review, June 30, 2008
Too much informatoin crammed into one resource. Their are some opinions in here disguished as facts. Becareful. I wouldn't buy it, but I needed it for class. Has some decent information in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Police Adminitration, December 2, 2009
I have read many handbooks for administration, but its very hard to get for police administration. This book deliver some overview how police organization run the role in society. But I can't see clear explanation about police management and organization as two pilar of administration on it. Anyway, thanks alot for amazon to provide this book around the world. I do hope get further information about handbook we needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars police administration, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Police Administration: Structures, Processes, and Behavior (8th Edition) (Hardcover)
Great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 23, 2014
I had rented this book for an online class and it was in great shape. I will rent again in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, March 9, 2014
Actually a very balanced review of law enforcment. I found a could typoes while reading it, but nothing that detracts from the message. It appears the book took pains to avoid appearing politically in any direction. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expectex, October 5, 2013
Exactly what I was looking for but I don't know why they need to charge souch for these kind of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, September 21, 2013
I purchased this e-textbook for a class I'm taking at college. Its chocked full of essential information about police administration and organization. Thanks. :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Police Administration: Structures, Processes, and Behavior (8th Edition)
Police Administration: Structures, Processes, and Behavior (8th Edition) by Charles R. Swanson (Hardcover - August 13, 2011)
$161.80 $109.88