From the Publisher
Covers patrol operations, goals and strategies. It combines management theory with case study examples taken from small police departments. New edition adds coverage of community and problem oriented policing. Each chapter focuses on a specific aspect of police patrol operations.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Hale's Police Patrol, Third Edition covers patrol operations, goals, and strategies. Each chapter focuses on a specific aspect of police patrol operations. It combines management theory with case study examples taken from small police departments in addition to coverage of community and problem oriented policing. This new edition discusses important issues such as:
- The most fundamental aspects of the patrol functionpreparing for patrol and patrol techniques
- The role of the uniformed police officer in the criminal investigation process
- Community outreach programs including victim advocacy programs, citizen advisory councils, and school curricula
- Cultural diversity in the workplace
- The importance of integrity in police work
- Bias crime, stalking, and racial profiling
Police Patrol will serve the needs of the law enforcement community and further strengthen and improve upon the police patrol effort. This third edition may prove to be especially useful to police personnel who are employed in accredited police agencies or in those that are considering or attempting accreditation.