Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
asked by Roberto B. Reyes Jr. on December 29, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
The cop's radar would have to be on for the radar detector to detect it
Kindle Customer answered on December 7, 2012
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You are correct. The radar detector can only work if the cops speed radar is on. Otherwise, how could it detect a cop? Radars do help against speeding tickets but they are not a 100% fix.
Abhishek Mukherjee answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have this detector and it works very well, no matter where the cop is located, it picks up radar signals travelling through the air. As with any detector the cops radar has to be on. The cop can be driving or sitting idle with it on. Where I live the local cops tend not to drive around the city with their radar on but the state troopers leave it on almost all the time. Doesn't guarantee you wont get a ticket but has certainly saved me from a couple.
Alex C. answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, this is how all radar detectors work. If a cop is very careful to keep it off until they target your vehicle specifically, it's very difficult to avoid a ticket. When they "work" you are detecting radar from cops targeting other people's vehicles.
Todd Sherman answered on December 2, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product