Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Poligrip Ultra Wernets , Denture Fixative Powder 40g
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 27, 2012
Like another reviewer, I don't know why this product is not available in drug stores and markets in the US. It arrived from England via Royal Mail. The product is made in Ireland.

I particularly like powder adhesive, because it can be sprinkled over the entire denture surface rather than a few lines of paste that has to be "squished" when the denture is put in place. I also like the fact that powder becomes more adhesive with moisture rather than breaking it down.

This product is my favorite for the lower plate in particular where most of the problems of staying put can occur. My upper denture fits like a glove so I use the standard "Super Poli-Grip" for it (also available through Amazon).

Although it is definitely an overkill, rather than running water over my dentures prior to sprinkling the adhesive powder , I use an mister to just dampen the denture where contact will occur. If that interests you, Amazon sells these 2oz atomizers (Maya Road 2-ounce Size Mister Bottles).

Good product. I think it is well worth the purchase. I hope you do to.
on June 9, 2012
I ordered both Poligrip Wernets Super and Poligrip Wernets Ultra. Used one one day and the other one the next. It is the Wernets all of us love to use. When I googled Wernets Powder I went to the Amazon site. It is still made in Ireland but sold from UK. I had the order in about a week. So go for it. Both Super and Ultra work about the same.
on December 14, 2012
I have purchased Ultra Wernets Poligrip for my husband, who had always used and liked Rigident since he has had an upper denture. He was very upset that Rigident was not going to be manufactured any longer, however, after buying and trying several others, he has concluded that the Wernets is even BETTER than the Rigident was. He said he doesn't have to use as much each time and that it cleans up better at night. We are very satisfied customers and hope THEY continue making this product. I am happy he can confidently eat and be social and forget about wearing a denture.
on January 3, 2012
This is a great product and is very hard to find! It is not available in the U.S. Using a search engine, I located this in the United Kingdom. The company has very fast delivery. My only wish is that the U.S. Poligrip company would manufacture and sell this product!
on April 27, 2012
I was lucky enough to get a trial size of Wernet's from my dentist several years ago. Since I am allergic to all the denture adhesives. this was wonderful. It works great and no sore throat from using Wernets. I didn't realize that it is made in the UK. No wonder it is not available in the US. Thanks to Ireland.
on July 23, 2013
I can't say enough good things about this brand. If you are a new user, their instructions may be different from other brands you may have used in the past. I shake only the LEAST possible amount of powder onto my dampened dentures, just enough to gently coat all areas, so there is NEVER any gooey mess such as I had with ANY other denture powder. This powder holds my denture securely ALL DAY and into the evening.

Up until a few years ago, I was able to buy Super Wernets at local drugstores, but there was one of those government "investigations" of denture powders and Super Wernets, as superior as they were, nevertheless had to stop selling in the U.S. During the time of its disappearance from the marketplace, many regular users of the powder were extremely upset at their loss of a dependable denture powder they'd come to rely on. They had no idea they could still purchase the brand imported through Drugtore.com where I was able to continue my use of it. Next thing I learned was that Poligrip bought the company so that Wernet's quality powder was no longer threatened with disappearing. At least, that's the perception I've gotten over the years. Bottom line: this is a superior brand that I'll continue to prefer, as long as it's available.
on November 27, 2013
My friend raved about the powder adhesive the dentist put on her new upper denture. It was called just Wernets, I can only assume before Poligrip bought them, because there was no Poligrip on the label. Hoping to help her out I ordered the Poligrip Ultra Wernets from the UK, the only place it seems to be sold after I found the link on Amazon. Well, turns out it doesn't work as she hoped. Food gets in, it never holds for more than a few hours and she has gone back to using the paste adhesive made by Fixodent which does have zinc. I thought maybe she wasn't using enough of it but after reading some of possible negative results of the powder in a few reviews, I didn't even want to suggest that. Any helpful comments or suggestions would be great. This was an unexpected and traumatic process for her and I wish I could make something better for her.
on November 16, 2015
I buy this for my mother, who says that it is a different formula than the ones in the states. It is apparently the only one that doesn't make her gums bleed and it also lasts her a long time (about 6 months). Wish it shipped a bit faster, but everything I hear from her is very positive.
on April 7, 2016
This product is great. The shipping from this company, in Ireland, was fantastic. It took only days to arrive and I couldn't be more pleased. wish I could purchase it here in the US. Nothing here compares.
on July 6, 2015
This seems to work as well as the original Poligrip, but it takes longer to get, since it comes from Great Britain. I order several at a time for that reason. The powder works so much better and is less messy than the gooey gels or creams on the market. I'll continue to buy it for as long as it remains available.