Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Polish for Kids - Learning Polish for Children DVD Set (6 DVDs), Polish flashcards (150 cards)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 10, 2011
I have been looking for a program to teach my children polish. I have tried tons. My kids ages 3 and 5, love these videos. They watch one everyday. It has only been about a month,but they already know so much. My inlaws who speak polish said they are learning so fast and have excellent pronunciation. This is the best program ever. These videos make it so easy to pick up the language. My kids don't even realize that it is learning program. I love it! I wish they had a more difficult version after they master these videos that they can go on to.
on April 25, 2012
My son is learning Polish. We bought this program with the recommendation of a family friend, and I and my wife Magdalena first were first cautious because it was something like between an entertainment video and a game, it was amazing to hear my son uttering words in Polish. Recommended.
on April 17, 2012
My wife is Polish and she was looking for toys and videos to teach our 3 year old Polish and told me she couldn't find anything useful. One day I ran across this set while I was searching something completely different. I was hesitant but I bought the DVDs just to surprise her...
The DVDs and the cards are alright. The poster was folded into 2 halves which I didn't like much.
The videos seem to be fun and engaging as our daughter keeps watching and doesn't seem to get bored. Her favorite part is animals and the scenes where the characters dance. Although she is not much interested in dinosaurs, she enjoys watching the videos.She sometimes choose to watch the Dino DVD instead of some recent movies we got for her which makes my job easier when I babysit her. I should also say that the videos don't only have dinosaurs but soome variety such as animals, 3D characters, quiz-like stuff, etc. The downside is there are many repetitions that might be overwhelming for adults. But for a small child it apparently works.When we visited Poland last month, our daughter was able to say many things to my mother in-law in Polish and both I and my wife were just amazed...
on January 18, 2013
I bought these DVDs for my 3 kids ages 8, 6 and 2 and I am pleasantly suprised that all 3 of them enjoy watching these DVDs and are really learning new words. The screen changes often between films and cartoons and many of them are very cool, like short films of windsurfers when learning about water and sun for example, so my kids stay hooked for 30 minutes at a time. The set comes with flash cards, but we haven't used them yet since reading Polish is different from reading English so they really don't know how to pronounce the words.
on July 12, 2013
Love this DVD set, and so does my 20 month old son. We switch up the dvds and watch it mostly on weekends. He loves the dinosaurs and the music. He even starts dancing when it comes on. My husband and I are learning the Polish along with him. He is a little younger than the targeted age for the set, but he still enjoys it and has been saying some words in Polish.

Cons: pricey yes, flimsy flashcards and posters. We laminated the posters, to make them more sturdy.
on January 26, 2016
So I really don't leave reviews often enough but I had to for these dvd's. I was nervous reading some reviews but my 16 month old CAN NOT stop watching these. Yes the graphics are not high tech like Disney, Pixar etc but for some reason they have him mesmerized! It's amazing to see him watch them. I'm Polish and I wanted my son to also speak my native language so these are great! I highly recommend them and would do more than 5 stars if I could.
on June 6, 2015
We LOVE this product. Our child has been watching the videos since she was about 1 year old. Now, at 19 months old she literally dances for joy when we tell her she will watch one. She is captivated by the movies. We like them too, as they help reinforce our Polish too and we can use the vocabulary words in our lives with ease. We have now started using the flash cards with our daughter and she likes to watch them change. I like the videos because our daughter enjoys them so much but we are also learning Polish with her (even my husband who had no previous experience with Polish).
on June 4, 2015
It's a great program! I think that repetition works great when learning any language, I just wish the graphic was a little more advanced. Still, it didn't stop my 4-year old from loving it! I also really like the cards that came with it - we can review words and reinforce the language that way. Overall, a very useful learning tool
on April 13, 2012
The program comes in a nice and sturdy casing with all 5 DVD's stored safely within. It has flashcards that are very thin, not durable for the young audience the product targets. Yet, the cards are the only enjoyable part of the system to me personally, because of their pocket size, sizable quantity, pictures and clear wording. Also, the flashcards are color coded to match the color-coded disks, a nice practical feature. It also comes with some posters or placements that cannot last long, since they are paper thin. They were squeezed into the mainling box, which I did not appreciate. I did not find much use for them. Although the system will probably succeed in teaching my children the 200 words it promises, I find the DVD program rather annoying, dull and disjointed. The DVD's jump around from one scene to another without any sensible transition, like moving from a dinosaur era to the modern period, just to return to the dinosaurs' era again. Also, some of these transitions between the speaking scenes are long, filled with annoying computer-generated music playing in a loop for too long, coupled with some bizarre action. For instance, an athlete spins its body, while his head touches the cold ice. He is half dressed, somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I do hope that my 1 or 5-year-old child will not try the abnormal movements her/herself. Since the product does not have much competition, many people will still end up buying it. After months of having the system at my home, I am reluctant to play the DVD's, whose features annoy me greatly. For the future, I hope the producer will offer more sturdy flashcards by themselves for sale, because that would be the only part that I would recommend getting.
on June 9, 2015
I bought the DVD set (without the flash cards) a few years ago. The whole thing looks like a teenager made the videos on some primitive software. But my kids don't mind that. However, the videos present a bigger problem than that. Every few minutes there are some meaningless short clips thrown in, that have no educational value whatsoever. An about 33 minute video (DVD#1) has 7 minutes of those totally unrelated clips. E.g. Dinosaurs watching other dinosaurs on tv, almost 2minutes of a robot taking care of a flower, dancing guinea pig, dancing pencil, etc. all those have no words, just videos. Not even related to the subject being taught.
Now, you may need to preview some of those clips, because there are a couple of highly inappropriate ones: 1. A smiley face turns around and MOONS the viewers! (I'll try to post pictures), 2. A video of a bunny that grabs cut wires, electrocutes himself and dances as a result (DVD#2). I can imagine little kids learning a very wrong lesson from that!
As a mom and a language teacher, I think it is a useless product. The DVD labels are not printed professionally. They're done on a DVD printer. This looks like a product of somebody's home little business. They are asking way too much for that.
review image