"In The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible,
Robert Hutchinson does a stellar job of defending the reliability of the Bible and demonstrating its immensely positive influence through history. This book couldn't be a timelier rejoinder against the radical proliferation of assaults on the Judeo-Christian worldview."- David Limbaugh,
New York Times bestselling author of Jesus on Trial
"The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible
is a timely salvo for the good guys. You'll be surprised at how much you learn -- not to mention how confident you'll feel the next time you're faced with hostile questions."
- Thomas E. Woods, Ph.D.,
author of How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization
"Robert Hutchinson is a great reporter and a great defender of Holy Scripture. Hutchinson has mounted an urgent, necessary and sprightly defense."
- Robert Moynihan, Ph.D. ,
editor of Inside the Vatican
"Comfortable and cocky atheists better brace themselves. Robert Hutchinson's book systematically dismembers the old haggard arguments in this naysayer-slaying tome. Read this book, find some annoying atheists, and let the good times roll. They won't stand a chance."- Doug Giles,
nationally syndicated radio host
"Takes a no-nonsense approach."
- Human Events
From the Author
The Bible was once regarded as the "Good Book." But today it's under relentless attack from liberal skeptics eager to justify their own political agendas. The late pundit Christopher Hitchens, author Sam Harris, British academic Richard Dawkins and other widely celebrated writers warn the world about the growing menace of religion in the public square. Plus, the Jesus Seminar and documentaries such as The Bible Unearthed
claim to demonstrate that little or nothing the Bible says happened really happened anyway. Even pop culture has gotten into the act, with the TV dramas such as The West Wing
and the popular magicians Penn and Teller featuring much-ballyhooed "debunkings" of the truth of the Bible.
But now, in The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible,
writer Robert J. Hutchinson sets the record straight. Hutchinson sifts through archaeological and historical evidence to show that the Bible -- both the Old and the New Testaments -- is on solid ground as history, as a guide to morality and ethics, and as the creative force behind western civilization. In The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible
, you discover:
- How modern archaeology supports, rather than undermines, the historical reliability of both Old and New Testaments...
- How the so-called "inconsistencies" in the four canonical Gospels actually testify to their authenticity...
- Why the ethical codes of the Old Testament were unique for their time -- and why that matters for life today...
- How there were few voices in the ancient world that discerned any distinction between what was legal and what was moral or right -- aside from the biblical prophets...
- How Biblical religion is not the enemy of science -- but actually made modern empirical science possible (which is why it developed only at one time and in one place in history, among millions of pious, church-going Christians in late medieval Europe)...
- Why, despite what liberal theologians and popular novelists will tell you, Christians always regarded Jesus as divine...
- Why you have to have a real ax to grind to think that the Old Testament takes a benign view of slavery -- and how the campaign to abolish slavery in Europe was led by devout evangelical Anglicans and a dozen popes...
- How critics of the Bible often mistake descriptions of actual human conduct for God's will...
- How by far the greatest slaughters in human history have been inflicted by "rationalists" and "atheists" -- often in the name of riding the world of "superstitious" Judaism or Christianity
- How the Bible laid the ground work for modern democracy...
- And much more!
Engaging and comprehensive, with interesting sidelights on how the Founding Fathers and great thinkers throughout history extolled the manifold virtues of deep familiarity with the contents of the Bible, The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible
establishes a strong line of defense for all those who cherish the Bible's role in shaping western civilization. If you're tired of ignorant and malicious Bible-bashing, The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible
is the perfect antidote -- a wonderful resource for religious educators, college courses, Sunday school classes and more.