|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
From the Founding Fathers to the frontiersmen who tamed the West to the country music, NASCAR, Biblethumping heart of "Red State" America, the South is the quintessence of what's original, unique, and most loved about American culture. And with its emphasis on traditional values, family, faith, military service, good manners, small government, and independent-minded people, the South is just plain more livable than the North--which is one reason why millions of Yankees, white and black, have been moving down South in droves.
The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the South gives you the facts behind scores of revelations like these:
· How Southerners led the way in drafting the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights
· How the Northern victory led to today's all-powerful federal government
· Why race relations in today's South are much better than in the North--or anywhere else in America
· Why the South is naturally conservative (and the North is naturally liberal)
· How American jazz, blues, and rock and roll all came from the South
· Why Southerners are overrepresented in the military--and no, it's not poverty
· The best American literature? Southern, of course
"The South is all about memory, heritage, and pride of place," writes Clint Johnson. "I refuse to go along with the expunging of that memory, heritage, and pride, and I hope the readers of this book, Northern and Southern, will rise up and join me in protesting those who are trying to do it."
An honest breakdown of southern history and it's culture many just don't want to hear.Published 2 months ago by jim sellars
This book usually garners a knee jerk reaction. The politically correct and the anti-Southern factions often will reflexively tense up and shake their fingers saying, “how dare... Read morePublished 7 months ago by J. Keith Jones