Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 287 questions
votes
The Vizio 2.0 does have a subwoofer RCA output. Buy a subwoofer RCA male-to-male cord (rec Mediabridge) and connect to the Polk's subwoofer input.
Jan 14, 2014 by ArchiBald
vote
You can try to connect it to your sound card with compatible ends or connect directly to speakers with speaker wire. I just use the RCA jack for my surround sound system.
Nov 21, 2013 by Jeffrey H. Baumwell
vote
The subwoofer would be a great addition,just don't turn up the bass too much it may over power your pioneer speakers.
Sep 29, 2014 by Angelica J.
vote
Yes you can still use the sub without sub out put by having your receiver go through the sub input and out for your floor speakers,bookshelf speakers or cube speakers. This sub woofer is amazing in deep base due to its built in EQ
Feb 10, 2014 by A. Barrera
vote
Since it is a passive sub it usually has a built in crossover and that it is powered by potentially a stronger current from your receiver, since this polk does not have an internal crossover and rather an actual one on the back side of the sub it is entirely possible to be wasting watts on high notes that it doesn't even need to be going through it. The easiest way to determine this is to play music will medium to high vocals in it and to put your ear need the speaker itself and not the port (all you would hear is air and bass) and to fine tune the crossover till you cannot hear a single note of vocals. I have used mine with all types of music and i can guarantee it that a 6.5 shouldn't be as loud as this one. It was literally shaking my friends walls across the house and it wasn't even turned all the way up. The bass from this isn't clean, however and if you want tight punchy bass then the 6.5 will be more controlled, but if the 6.5 is just all around louder then it must be a defective unit. I've done car audio for many many years and unless the 6.5 has about twice the magnetic weight and about twice the power it shouldn't be louder. Pioneer isn't really known for their loud subs either. Make sure you are testing the two units in the same exact spot as well and readjusting your receiver settings before each test as the settings for the 6.5 shouldn't be the same for the polk.
Oct 23, 2013 by Douglas
vote
Yes. There is a Volume knob and a Low Pass filter knob. Note: If you are using a Sub out/LFE connection from your receiver turn the Low Pass all the way up.
Mar 20, 2014 by Hal
vote
Connecting both Sub outs is not a good idea. You have 2 choices: 1. Connect 1 Sub out/LFE to either the Left or Right input on the sub using a single RCA cable 2. Connect 1 Sub out/LFE and use a RCA Y splitter to connect both Left and Right input channels You MAY hear an increase in output using option 2 but that is also what a volume knob is for.
Mar 20, 2014 by Hal
votes
I don't use it in auto mode, i have mine powered from the reciever it only goes off when the reciever is turned off. try running the power with an extension cord if needed to the switched outlet on your reciever .
Jun 6, 2013 by kenneth j. wood
votes
no power Apr 24, 2014
yes they do have power
Apr 25, 2014 by Hubert mccarthy
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   29   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers