From the Manufacturer
Exceptional sound anywhere you want it – really, anywhere. The compact Atrium® 4 Outdoor Loudspeaker meets or exceeds military specifications for environment endurance. Its small size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations: by the pool, next to the deck or patio, around the kitchen, tucked away in the family den or filling the backyard with great sound. The easy to mount Atrium 4 will deliver high performance audio fall, winter, spring and summer, bringing years of outdoor enjoyment. Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.
- 4 1/2" (11.43cm) Dynamic Balance® long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out surprising bass response from a compact design.
- 3/4" (19mm) Dynamic Balance anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
- Broad coverage baffle design fills a large open outdoor space with big, full-range sound. The Atrium 4 has a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing detail.
- Speed-Lock® Mounting, the easiest, fastest and safest of all mounting systems.
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Polk All-Weather Certification means Atrium Speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst mother nature can dish out, whether its extreme temps or heavy rains.
Why you should consider this product
If you're looking for great high fidelity sound and a speaker you can locate even in the most exposed locations and forget about, the Atrium 4 is the one to choose. Its high quality components deliver impressively big sound from this small, unobtrusive loudspeaker, and its compact size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations. Easy mounting, four-season durability, and the award-winning Polk Audio sound, what could be better?
Take a look inside this product
- 4 1/2" (11.43cm) Dynamic Balance® long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround
- 3/4" (19mm) Dynamic Balance® anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround
- A more steeply-angled baffle design maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design. Sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes.
- Aluminum grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, dependable hookups.
Dynamic Balance®. Polk perfected the method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior while in motion using laser Interferometry. With that information in hand, Polk engineers select the ideal combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques to literally "tune out" unwanted resonance. The result is a speaker that delivers pure, distortion free deep bass.
Klippel Transducer Optimization. Using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers optimized the transducer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for longer excursion and greater linearity bringing you the best possible performance even at the most extreme listening levels.
Speed-Lock® Mounting System. Our proprietary system for easy, safe one-handed installations even in difficult locations. The greatly simplified mounting procedure means the end to "juggling" at the top of the ladder. Simply mount the bracket and click the speaker into place. Aim it, tighten it down, and fini! Outdoor convenience, indoor sound quality! The new bracket also has a 45-degree down angle. Why adjust a speaker to a 45-degree angle, when we can design a mounting bracket that lets you install the speaker at that angle permanently? It's another feature of Atrium's new mounting system and a simple, elegant solution.
- Atrium 4 Outdoor Loudspeaker
- Speed-Lock Mounting Bracket
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration Card
The Atrium 4 is designed for outdoor use, so what better loudspeaker to use it with than more Atriums.
|Driver Complements |
|Mid/Woofer ||1 - 4-1/2" Diameter (11.43cm) |
Dynamic Balance® Mineral Filled Polymer Cone with rubber surround
|Tweeter ||1 - 3/4" Diameter (1.91cm) |
Dynamic Balance® Anodized Aluminum Dome Tweeter with Neodymium motor structure
|Overall Frequency Response ||75Hz-25kHz |
|Nominal Impedance ||8 ohms |
|Recommended Amplifier Power ||10-80 w per channel |
|Efficiency ||89 dB |
|Inputs ||Gold-plated 5-way Binding Posts |
|Cabinet Size ||8-5/8" H x 5-11/16" W x 6-11/16" D |
(21.91cm H x 14.45cm W x 16.99cm D)
|Mounting Options ||180-degree Speed-Lock® Mounting System |
|Enclosure Type ||Sealed |
|Product Weight ||3.60 lbs. (1.63kgs) |
|Total Shipping Weight ||9.50 lbs. (4.31kgs) |
|Speaker Warranty1 ||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser) |
|Shipping Unit ||Pair |
|1To ensure a valid warranty, Polk loudspeakers must be purchased at an Authorized Polk Audio home or car loudspeaker Dealer (such as Amazon.com). (If you're not sure a dealer is "authorized," call Polk Audio at 1-800-377-7655, and ask us.) The warranty is not transferrable, that means it applies only to the original purchaser. If you purchase your speakers from a private individual, that product is considered "used" and has NO factory warranty, no matter what the seller implies. The warranty is VOID if the serial number of the speaker has been removed or defaced. If you have any questions about your warranty coverage, or you think you need service, call Polk Customer Service at 1-800-377-7655. We're here to help you get the most from your new speakers! |
First introduced in 2002, the outdoor Atrium Series set a new standard not only for build quality, but sonic performance, too. But we couldn’t leave well enough alone. Not only does our new, refined Atrium Series offer better sonic performance and easier install/mounting options, the series also exceeds the standard military specification weather tests, setting a new standard for rugged outdoor durability under our own more rigorous weatherproofing certification program. The results are a pure joy to listen to. So that wherever you put your Atrium speakers—by a pool, on a deck or in a sunroom, you can be confident they’ll deliver great sound year round.