Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Color: Black|Change

on April 14, 2012
A Common frustration among home theater owners is that the dialogues are just not that clear and immersive as they find it in the actual theater.Most of the sound that you listen in movies in a 5.1 setup comes from the center channel and therefore the center channel deserves your attention if you want to fix the dialogue problem.
I have been through the same struggle that most people go though.I used to increase the volume of the speaker to get the clarity in dialogues only to find that surround sound going up as well and drowning the clarity.
I have tried increasing the center channel volume up by fiddling with the receiver EQ but it generally ended up with a hollow sound. There was no weight, Depth and authority in the dialogues in previous speakers.

CS10 surpassed all my expectations when i listened to it.During my research, I saw the long list of positive reviews for CS10 mentioning how excellent the sound was.When i ordered the speaker and paid $120 , i was expecting excellent sound for the price.I was completely wrong.The speaker is not excellent for the price i paid, its excellent for ANY price.It can excel center channels at ANY price range.I setup it up with my pioneer 1020-K and it shines like a star when watching movies or listening to music.The mid range is amazing. The mid range frequency is where most speakers struggle.The bass goes down all the way to 50hz and its very clean and with no distortion or boomy-ness.Everything that comes out of this speaker is natural. Don't expect it to produce very low bass because that would be asking too much from a center channel. It does all the right things that a center channel is supposed to do which is to cover the mid range.I can hear all the Dialogues crisp and clear.

I hooked it up to my pioneer 1020K in 5.1 setup and put the setting in receiver to "neural" and the sound just blows me away every-time i listen to it.The Dynamics , clarity and authority in sound reproduction is excellent .Its hard to get all the three right in a center channel especially the Dynamics part.The Off axis dispersion is very good.make sure that you put rubber feats on this puppy if you put it on a entertainment center otherwise the vibrations produced by this speaker will interact with the cabinet below and can create resonance.I also suggest that you put your receiver in a setting where most of the sound is routed to this center channel.

My favorite pastime is to watch Shawshank redemption in a home theater setup with this center channel. It feels almost like a theater.Most of the dialogue dominated or midrange frequencies dominated movies have become pleasurable to watch again. A big thank you to cs10 designers especially the cross-over designer.

If you know anything about speaker design, you will quickly realize that its more like art and cooking than anything else.Just throwing expensive components while designing speaker is not enough.The cabinet and cross over design ( most difficult part) is where the magic lies and i think CS10 designers hit a home run on this one.Sometimes, the most expensive restaurant in the town cannot make the same amazing burger that a cheap neighborhood restaurant has luckily come up with. The same way, this particular speaker is hard to beat by other companies ( or polks own other models) irrespective of the money they throw at it because speaker design is more an art than pure science.

+VE :

* Clear ,Crisp sound with Excellent depth and range.
* Extremely low distortion at low frequencies compared to other brands.
* Solid Build.
* Decent looking Finish.
* Will bring out the same clarity and depth in dialogues that you hear in real theaters.

-VE :
* Size ( i don't know if this can be fixed by any speaker designer without compromising low freq quality)

Note: I have been using this Center Channel speaker for more than a year. Center Channel used/listened before : Bose, KEF, definitive tech,Paradigm, B&W , Martin Logan.

Update - 2014 :
The speaker still amazes me !
77 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2009
I purchased this center channel at Circuit city today. I paired it with a Sony STR DG520, Bose Acoustimass 10 cube surround sound speakers, Acoustic Audio PSW10. I have since played Transformers, Normal TV (digital cable), Halo 3, and Music Channel TV stations, and FM radio through it. I also listened to this against the $200 Bose Center channel, $250 Klipsch, $230 Boston Acoustic, and cheaper $110Polk Center Channel. The Polk was better than the Bose Center Channel as well as their cheaper $110 Center channel. I think the Klipsch sounded better than the polk I bought and the Boston Acoustic sounded about the same.. Hard to tell the difference between the Boston Acoustic and Polk CS10.

Overall this center channel sounds great. It livens up the music, movies are very clear and vivid sounding. There are better center channels out there.. But for the money I have not found one. I was looking for the cheapest good sounding center channel and I found it.
88 comments|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2009
When I bought a 50" HDTV a few years ago, I bought an all in one home theater package. The type you typically see in the $300-$400 Range. The surround was fun, but for listening to music it was pretty muddy. I decided to put together a better system. I started with a Yamaha Rx-V663 receiver and a pair of Polk Tsi-200 bookshelf speakers. Had I stopped there, I would have been very satisfied with that system for music. I listen to a broad range of music, but I have a strong preference for acoustic. And for that the 200s were very impressive for a bookshelf size speaker. I ended up with a whole Polk system. A 111 woofer, the CS10 and RM 6751 surround speakers. (If you have to make choices to stay within budget, put more money into the front speakers).

The CS10 is, as expected, a good sonic match for the Tsi 200s. For the money, it is a great speaker. Tht two mid range / bass speakers and the tweeter appear to be the same as the Tsi 200s. The speaker can handle a lot more volume than I need without reaching a point of distortion. If you look at my review of the Tsi 200s, I can pretty much say "ditto" for this speaker. And if you like the grille off look, the Cherry model looks great.

I know some people prefer to mix and match, but I think that, at least for the front speakers, sticking to the same brand and grade speakers makes for a consistent sound across the front wall.

I'm really happy with this system. It does a good job on movies and effects, and for music it really works well.

And if you are upgrading from one of those all in one low cost systems, you will be amazed at the difference.
11 comment|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 5, 2010
I am a home audio/visual amateur and certainly not a techie. About a year ago I purchased a Panasonic 50" Plasma HDTV. Although my home has built-in surround sound speakers in the ceiling, the rest of my system consisted of castoffs and mismatched speakers acquired over a long period of years. I subsequently added an Onkyo SKW204 Bass Reflex powered subwoofer and was amazed at the enhanced sound quality of my system. My Bose bookshelf speakers seemed adequate but over time, I grew increasingy discontented with the poor sound quality and performance from my center speaker that I had inherited somewhere along the line. I knew there had to be something better than what I was hearing.

After researching quality and price, I purchased the Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker and have been a very happy camper since. The sound is great, enjoyable, and, certainly powerful. The tinny sounding voices from my old unit have been replaced with strong, clear, crisp, and concise voices and center channel action. I notice the fantastic improvement especially when I watch a non-surround sound program or a program where most of the activity is center channel conversation. And the clarity of music and Blu Ray DVDs is noticeably enhanced by this speaker. I suspect my next purchase will be to match Polk Audio shelf speakers to this CS10 Center Channel Speaker. I highly recommend this speaker to those seeking more quality at a fair price.
on March 16, 2012
At first it sounded to have a little too much mid...... but for the price, it sounds good. I removed the poly fill from the enclosure and set it for 100hz. then i bought a sound meter and set all the speakers to 85db for optimum sound immersion. It sounds alot better now. overall i am very pleased.
review image review image review image
55 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
I bought the Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker primarily because of the rave reviews it got. The first Polk Audio items I bought were just so-so (small satellite speakers) so I was depending on the reviewers and the Polk name when buying the Center Channel Speaker. Boy, am I ever glad I did! I was amazed at the rich and clear sound that pours forth from the speaker. Movie dialog sounds crisp as you would expect but cds sound great as well. At the time of the purchase, I was still using some vintage Bose 901s. The far cheaper Polk showed me what I had been missing all these years and made me a "Polk-aphile." If your finances are limited, buy this unit and use the money you saved to go toward some good Polk towers. You won't be sorry.
Upgraded to a Polk CS10 Center Channel Speaker and I have to admit that I have been debating over this speaker which has two 5-inch speakers or the CS2 (which has two 6.5 speaker). But in the end, I decided on the CS10. Right off the box, it was nice and sturdy. Removing the front grill, and it looks absolute beautiful.

Upon hooking them up, I noticed the difference in the clarity of audio dialogue. It seems as if the centers really came alive during spoken dialogue quite well and definitely notice a big difference from my Kenwood and RCA Pro Centers within the last 15 years.

For those purchasing the CS10, some may wonder if they should go cherry or black to save $20 more. If I had to do it all over again for my personal setup, I wish I went with black. The cherry features mostly all back from the front and sides but if you are the type who likes to remove the grill then it's all cherry in the front. Otherwise, if you don't, and keep the black grill on, it's mostly all black with the cherry mainly on the rear and back and underneath.

Anyway, big bang for an affordable price for the budget-conscious audiophile!
on August 12, 2014
I love my new Polk center channel!

This is a 2-way center speaker that does not have a dedicated midrange driver, but it does have two 5.25-inch woofers that handle the middle and low frequency tones. These woofers are made with bi-laminate organic fiber cones. The organic fiber on these drivers isn't as rigid as metal, so it is able to move and vibrate more freely.

A single 1-inch tweeter is responsible for the high frequency signals. This magnetically-shielded dome tweeter is made with a soft silk material. This helps give an organic and natural sound to your center speakers. It is capable of producing plenty of sound.

The Polk Audio TSi CS10 recommends 20 to 150 watts of amplifier power for the best audio quality. Anything below 20 watts may not produce enough sound. Anything over 150 watts may cause permanent damage to your center speakers. This range of recommended power is fairly standard for home theater center channel outputs.

It measures 6.5 inches high, 9.75 inches deep and 20 inches wide and weighs 16 pounds. It easily fits on top of my entertainment center. You can also wall mount it.. Additionally, it features 0.75-inch thick baffles to aid with sound isolation.

It has has a frequency response of 53Hz to 25kHz.

If you're looking for a boost in your home theater audio, this center speaker should definitely be an option to consider. The Polk Audio TSi CS10 offers an impressive frequency response and excellent sensitivity levels. These features, along with the superb support options offered on Polk Audio, are some of the reasons that I found this high-performance center channel speaker to be one of the best.
on July 31, 2012
This is a superb piece of equipment!! This center channel transformed my home theater tremendously.....it's a game changer!! This speaker delivers.....it cleared up all my dialogue issues, and enhanced the overall sound. Plus it was packaged very well and arrived 3 days earlier than estimated. Highly recommend!!
on February 10, 2011
I have two home theater setups, one with large Polk Audio speakers I chose and one with a Bose Acoustimass 10 that came with the house. I found my aging ears had much less trouble hearing dialogue from the Polk system, so I bought this center speaker to use with the Bose setup. Now I don't have to ask "What did they say?" nearly as often, and I don't need the volume as high. That's the pro. The con? I will probably end up replacing the remaining Bose speakers with Polk.