Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: 8 Inch|Change

on January 28, 2015
Great sound! I have installed a lot of these in clients homes and my own, for the money I feel they are a great value. You could spend many time the money and not get a much noticeable sound. From what I have seen install quality/supporting gear [connectors, placement, wire quality and head unit] play a bigger part in the end result that merely splurging on super-top-shelf speakers then cheating with low-grade wire. I always recommend a nice head unit, hi-quality wire and connectors and these speakers as a good base-line. NEVER been asked to take them out.
on June 26, 2010
I stressed over what to buy for months, kept coming back to Polk's, they are terriffic and I am glad I got the 8" over the 6" as the sound is very full and bold.
on November 7, 2009
I was looking for surrounds for my new 7.1 theater in the basement. I spent way too much on the front 3 and sub, so I was looking for a way to cut back a little without sacrificing too much in sound. Fortunately, these low end Polk RC60i speakers fit the bill perfectly. I have heard some other in ceiling speakers in this price range and was wary of what the competition was offering.

I was pleasantly surprised when I had these Polk RC60i speakers installed and hooked up to my AVR. Now, although they are rated for 20-100 watts per channel per the Polk Audio website, my AVR pushes 140 WPC @ 8 ohms and the RC60i's handled the extra power flawlessly. Before I had the entire 7.1 system installed, I ran a pair of these as the fronts and was able to turn the volume up quite loudly without any audible distortion.

Installation was easy (I bought a drywall "circle cutting" tool from Lowes that made things a LOT easier). The most important steps occur BEFORE you cut the drywall. Plan and mark your speaker locations using the templates as guides. Then, drill a small pilot hole in the middle of your circle and then use a stiff wire bent at a 90 degree angle (an old wire hanger works well), make sure the arms are slightly longer than the radius of the speaker, insert one arm into the hole and "sweep" around in a circle to make sure you clear any unseen obstructions behind the drywall. The only other difficult part is pulling the speaker wire. Thankfully, the cutout gives you more than enough room to stick your arm into the wall to help you fish.

All in all, great Polk sound at a good price. What's not to like?
on October 7, 2012
I was a little concerned about the issue with removing the grill after reading some of the other reviews, but after reading what one reviewer suggested, "When the speakers are just out of the box, grab the speaker at 10 and 2 like a stearing wheel and gently roll the outside edge back. The grill pops up and can be easily removed.", I found this to be completely true. The grill slips right out and it is equally easy to put back in.

I haven't actually hooked up the speakers yet, but I was so happy that the installation (grill removal, etc.) wasn't going to be a problem, that I had to write a quick correction to all those negative grill comments out there.

I'll follow up once the speakers are installed in my kitchen.

3/23/2013 follow up
-------------------
I've had these speakers installed in my kitchen ceiling for 6 months now and I have to say that the sound is nothing short of spectacular. I've played all kinds of music, from classical to hard rock, and the sound is crystal clear and very full. Also, installation was a breeze. I would definitely recommend these speakers without hesitation.
on May 6, 2013
i would recommend these speakers to anyone looking for a pair of in ceiling speakers. I am moving into a new house so I thought I would try and get a different pair but just for the simple fact that I have had 2 pair of these speakers already for several years now without any problems what so ever I had to buy them again. I would add more stars if I could.
on February 8, 2014
Used them in the ceiling of my kitchen to port music in from my home theater / Denon (zone A). Sound GREAT. No problems. As a side note - MAKE SURE you know where the studs are BEFORE you start cutting the hole.
on December 16, 2015
These are some amazing speakers for the price! I installed 4 of these in my master bedroom and my wife and I were impressed by the sound quality.
review image review image review image
on February 7, 2013
These speakers sound great. I installed 4 pair in my basement. TV and music comes out great. Would definitely recommend 8 inch over the 6 inch. Front grill is a little challenging to get off in order to move the tweeter, but with a little work it pops off and installs back on with no problem. We are enjoying these - great price from Amazon. Would recommend to anyone.
on August 19, 2008
I was surprised at the price that Amazon had these babies for, and I was even more surprised when I heard the sound. Especially the lower tones the base sounds are really thumping. I replaced a pair of Boston Acoustics for my new POLK AUDIO RC80i in ceiling speakers, you have to ensure you have the correct settings on your amp/avr or whatever it is you're connecting these to. The only reason why I didn't score them a 5 star is because the instructions weren't specific enough as to which cut-out pattern to use, so my bro-n-law and I didn't want to take any chances, so we used the smaller pattern first only to find out we had to use the larger pattern cut-out, so live and learn right, for the second speaker installation it was much easier. The sound rocks, I'm using a old PIONEER VSX-D812 which allows me to switch A or B speakers simultaneously or not cause I installed the B.A. in the master bedroom. AND, hmn I think I may change them out for another pair of POLK AUDIO ceiling speakers.
I want all of you to know i would purchase another pair of these speakers again. The specs on these speakers are great, you have to check this out!!
on August 14, 2010
I use these for the rear left and right speakers in my home theater setup and am very pleased. I liked them so much I bought another pair to install when I moved houses. Being able to aim the tweeters toward your listening position is a nice feature, as well as the paintable exterior (the cutout pattern doubles as a paint shield) and they sound great to my ears. There are, of course, better speakers out there, but for your average home theater enthusiast these are a great buy and probably beat out all but the most expensive home theater in a box speakers, not to mention the fact that they are practically hidden in your ceiling. I'm happy because I have completed a nice home theater, and my wife is happy because there are two fewer speakers cluttering up the floor in our living room.