5.0 out of 5 stars great sound-small speaker
Published on November 26, 2011 by chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for large rooms
Published 17 months ago by Robert Sutton

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound-small speaker, November 26, 2011
This review is from: Polk Audio TL2 Speaker Center Channel (Each, Black) (Electronics)
Great sound and the perfect size to fit under an lcd on a stand (as opposed to mounted on the wall). The cs10/cs20 were all very big center speakers and I would need another shelf to fit it in the same cabinet. I listened to the tl1 in a store (they didn't have a tl2) and it sounded good so I guessed that the tl2 would sound even better. It did and it is the perfect size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the bill, fits the monitor, October 23, 2012
Michael R. Martin (Saranac Lake NY USA) - See all my reviews
It's hard to find a decent center channel,speaker for home audio that isn't too tall to block the bottom of modern LCD monitors. The Polk Audio TL2 Speaker Center Channel is just the right height so that now your center channel sound is right from where it belongs. More importantly, it sounds great, with crystal clear highs and a full and wide mid-range. With the addition of this speaker, my system now not only allows hearing those quiet conversations but really shines in the heat of an action movie sequence.

Don't hesitate if you are sick of week sounding center channel sound, especially if you had to place your center channel speaker behind the tv monitor and settle for whatever sound gets through.

Pros:
- excellent sound
- economically priced
- attractive, understated appearance

Cons:
- I haven't found any yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Polk Audio Center Speaker is Great, January 2, 2012
Ordered Polk Audio Center Speaker from Amazon to be deleivered Fedex ground in 5 to 6 days and it came in only one day. I was surprised by the large sound that came out of this center speaker. I am so glad that I bought in instead of the Bose that I was considering. It works well with my audio system and sounds like I am in a movie theatre. The height is perfect fit under my 60 inch tv and it looks great sitting on the credenza. I would recomend this item to anyone looking for a Center Speaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Polk Audio TL2 Speaker Center Channel, November 11, 2011
I have a 52" TV that sets on the stand on top of my entertainment center. I needed a center speaker that would not block the view of the lower part of my TV screen. I search for a center speaker that was small enough to fit into the small space provided. I found limited choices that fit my budget. After reading many different reviews, I decided to buy the Polk Audio TL2 Center Channel Speaker. I have no regrets. The speaker works well.
If you're looking for a good produce at a low budget price, you can't go wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for large rooms, June 12, 2013
Robert Sutton (Anacortes, WA USA) - See all my reviews
My setup is 5.1 surround. Not a bad speaker, but for large rooms with open spaces, it does not project very well. Which is not surprising given it's size. I am sure this is fine for smaller rooms where viewing position is in close quarters. My living room has vaulted ceilings with the viewing chairs about twenty feet from the wall, where the tv and center channel is mounted. Program dialog in the center channel sounds like it is off in the distance. The frequency range seems a bit limited and sounds compressed, but I guess you could argue that is the point of the center channel. I need something that projects and fills the room a bit better, even if it is just the dialog from one direction.

I will be selling mine as used on amazon market place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polk Audio TL2 speaker, February 10, 2012
I originally had a Sony surround sound speaker system with a Yamaha amplifier. It was just OK but I was missing the pure sound from a centre speaker. I did not want to purchase a large speaker for my system so the TL2 was a perfect fit. It looks good and is not over bearing. The sound is excellent, crisp and clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound!, December 17, 2013
Phil (Norfolk va) - See all my reviews
A couple years ago I purchased Polk RM6750 5.1 package which produces great sound but Center lacked clear voice clarity so I replaced it with TL2-C and what a positive difference its made.
Its lows are just ok my sub fills that void . It does provide excellent mids & highs resulting in crisp dialog excellent sound quality a major major step up from my older RM6-C.

Bottom Line.
With sub & Small - Mid size room this speaker is for you , It looks sharp & provides excellent sound you cant go wrong.

EDIT ADDING TO REVIEW: 1/15/2014
I love "The Dark Knight" on blu-ray but always hated its Audio track until yesterday.
With TL2 the sound came alive with clear dialog crisp sound totally amazing.
Thank you Polk!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great value, August 10, 2013
I find the sound to be muddy. I expected a little better for the price. I've been a fan of Polk for a lot of years but this is not one of their better efforts.

4.0 out of 5 stars free is better than nothing, September 4, 2014
I guess I was expecting more, shouldn't have been for the price though (especially if you buy refurb). I replaced my Bose Accuisticrap center channel with this (left the other 4 surrounds, long story, bought a house with these left behind, free is better than nothing, but I am used to better sound). I figured the TL2 would match the Bose speakers better than the TL3 (because of the construction of tweeter). For those interested in doing something similar, just plug the center channel directly into your receiver (not the Bose box). Immediately I noticed voices were clearer (which is good) but at the same time a little too deep, echo almost, which I am trying to correct with settings and have a little. The speaker really overpowers the Bose cubes though (especially since I have them placed above the TV on a cabinet not far apart, no other choice), that is no fault to TL2 though. I actually changed this review to 4 stars from 3 because the speaker looks great, very nice gloss black finish, not too heavy and actually perfect size for my need (under screen). Now I am thinking I should have just gone all out with a TL3 system and sold the whole Bose system. We will see how it plays out after the speaker is broken in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought to compare., December 5, 2012
Bought this and the Yamaha center channel NS-C310 to compare. The Yamaha was brighter and clearer, though also, $75. more.