Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on November 15, 2011
Picked up this soundbar to go with my Vizio XVT473SV. The sound from the bar isn't noticeably better than the sound from the TV speakers. The wireless subwoofer, adds some nice lows, especially during movies. There are several minor annoyances that I am currently putting up with from this system:
- about half the time when I switch inputs from my cable box to my Xbox, the sound is distorted and I have to turn the soundbar off and on again to fix it
- the subwoofer will occasionally rumble when I don't want it to, such as when the anchors on ESPN are talking...you kind of have to find a "sweet spot" with the subwoofer volume
- I was able to get the soundbar to learn the volume commands from my Vizio remote, but due to the way the Vizio remote works, it's kind of complicated and counter-intuitive to get it to learn the power on/off commands
- when turning on my TV, the speakerbar doesn't turn on automatically until I do something like adjust the volume...but when I do, it makes a horrible static sound...scares the crap out of my dog every time it happens

I'm actually on my second subwoofer. After the first week of owning the first one, it would produce a constant distorted static sound. Polk was good about sending a replacement without too much hassle.

All in all, I wouldn't buy it again. I'm pretty patient with my electronics, so I decided to live with the annoyances rather than try and get my money back, but I do have quite a bit of buyer's remorse.
on April 15, 2013
I have to say, I love this product and felt compelled to defend it because of all the bad reviews.

I picked this up about a year ago for $250. I use it every day for 3-4hrs. I have NEVER had a problem. No syncing issues, no wifi issues, no rumbling issues.

I think the sound quality is great. CERTAINLY superior to built-in speakers. If you are expecting it to be superior to an actual receiver with 5 or 7 speakers, then I think you are being silly, don't you?

The point is to have something minimal and easy to hook up, that's where a sound bar excels and the wireless sub is a nice plus as you can just tuck it away in a corner.

People that complain about the sound quality probably don't understand how to or never tried to tweak the settings on the bar and on their TV; also, subwoofer placement in a room DRAMATICALLY effects how the bass is felt.

Anyway, is it the best sounding equipment I've ever owned? No. But for the price and convenience is it the best thing I've come across? Yes.

I guess buyer beware re: the other complaints people have had, but I needed to add this review to let people know that it's not always like that. I've been totally satisfied.
on December 2, 2012
I bought one thinking it was a good soundbar but it started screeching after about a month and a half. I could get it to work again by shutting it off and then on again but it got worse and worse until it just stopped functioning altogether. I spent another $30 sending it back to the Polk Audio service center in California a few weeks ago. I haven't seen it since or heard anything from them. Not a good experience for me at all.
on February 28, 2014
I've owned this for about a month now. The sound is absolutely fantastic. I wasn't expecting a lot when I bought this, but have been nothing but impressed from the moment I turned it on. Two things that you must know before buying this sound bar package..... First, your TV needs to have a Dolby/DTS decoder for the sound to really punch. Second, your TV needs to have a Digital Optical Out connection. If your TV has both and you configure your TVs sound settings correctly, this will blow you away. I was watching a movie on Showtime when my son came home and he thought I was watching it through my 5.1 Home Theater system.... The sound was that good. I've bought two things from Polk Audio now, a pair of tower speakers and this and I'm completely happy with the great sound both products produce. Again, for the best sound possible out of this product, make sure your TV has a Dolby/DTS decoder and a Digital Optical Out port and you'll be as happy as I am!
on May 23, 2014
This has impressive sound for it's size. Really liked the learning feature. Sub sounds great and hooked up without a fuss. After setting the graphic eq in the TV, sound is just what I expected. Very good bass.

I have it in the bedroom and it is mounted under the TV wall mount. The sub is on the TV side of the room. I would recommend this to anyone needing a less than high end component unit but wants good sound. It's a bonus to not have to run wires to the sub. Really like that.
on February 12, 2015
I've had a terrible experience with the IHT 4000, and Polk support. I've had this Sound Bar since 2013 and it has been sent in for warranty twice.

A few months after owning it, I started researching why it would occasionally garble sound. It turned out there is a Dolby processing issue with the early versions (or all versions, who knows) of the IHT4000 and Customer Service at Polk had me send it in for a firmware update. When I got it back, it had a dent in a corner and was completely broken: all audio was tinny and it turned out, after sending it in a second time, that the speakers weren't reconnected internally during reassembly when they updated the firmware.

Today, less than 2 years later, the speakers are back to being "tinny" as if the woofers aren't working. It's out of warranty and I'm cutting my losses. $300 poorly spent. Avoid this product and anything made by Polk Audio. This company has terrible support, terrible technicians, and terrible products that simply do not last.
on April 10, 2014
This sound bar works as it's supposed to, it's not the best sound, but good for the price I guess, it gets three stars because for every hour or so it's on it makes a very loud thud which has woke our baby up multiple time
on February 21, 2014
I've been considering sound reinforcement for my HD TV for some time. went to a local electronics store before the holidays and was impressed by the polk performance. found this at amazon for less than the 3000! extremely pleased with the performance and the ease-of-setup. highly recommended...
on May 7, 2014
I purchased this sound bar for the flat panel TV in my bedroom. I wanted the surround sound experience but didn't want or need a full surround sound/home theater speaker system such as the one I have in my great room. Once again, I am very satisfied with the quality & performance I've come to expect & enjoy from Polk Audio products. The ease of installation was greatly appreciated and the performance so far has been superb. A great value for a great product.
on May 2, 2014
Was delivered as promised. A breeze to set up. Took 10 minutes but I still haven't synchronized with primary remote. Great sound, a huge difference from my Samsung built in speakers. Have a 64" Samsung Plasma in a cabinet so getting the sound bar out front made a huge difference. I am having trouble lowering the base with the Polk remote. The dog goes a little crazy when music is on and the base is thumping.