Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 27, 2016
It's ok, but I replaced a Polk CS130 center channel that was awesome. So I can't help notice the hollow in a box sound coming from this center channel. Voice is fine, in fact, it's main selling feature. But other sounds are tinny. I suspect, if I wasn't changing out my CS130 I probably would give this a 4. The main reason I got this is the low profile, which is probably why it's sound tinny. My CS blocked the bottom of my TV as well as the remote receiver. I've since decided to go back to my CS130 by buying a TV stand replacement so that I can raise the TV above my CS130.
on November 26, 2015
I'm running as the center channel from a HK1510 with 10+db and a 5' run of Amazon Basic 16 awg cable. The dialog from the speaker is crisp and clean with no distortions. For the price it's a superb center speaker. My only grip (which does not effect the rating) is that I wish it came with screws or mount posts. The threaded inserts are 1/4"-20.
on April 3, 2013
There are some things I didn't understand about this speaker when I bought it, although I read all fifty-one reviews prior to deciding. You must have an amplifier to make it work. It's not a 'sound bar' type of speaker that can stand alone. It does not have RCA connections. You need to be able to connect bare wires or wires with 'banana' connectors? I'm sorry. I know you audio intelligentsia out there are snickering at my ignorance but not one of the fifty-one reviews said anything about the connections in the back. I gave it four stars because I didn't want to drag it's reputation down just because I didn't know what I was buying. It's beautiful, small, and sleek. I wrote this review for ignorant people like me who are actually looking for a sound bar set up. Hope it helps somebody.
on May 17, 2013
I was hesitant but gave this speaker a try. It replaced a Sony center piece and is with the Sony F-series. It really surprised me in sound quality, even without comparing with others, it just gives you that satisfying full sound for its class. It has a nice gloss, is heavy but cheap cloth cover. Sound is rich (though not a boom box either) it is very clear in dialogue, crisp highs (clearly over the Sonys). I will have loved to try the JBL that is <$100 to compare but I have to give this speaker the credit it is worth - all 5 stars.
on June 18, 2013
I know there are much better speakers; in general, you get what you pay for. This is not designed to be a primary driver in your system. However, if you are looking for a solid, clean-sounding center channel speaker that doesn't take up much room, I have found this to be a great choice. The main things I was looking for were 1) a good quality speaker that would let me hear the voice tracks in movies better than I could with my TV speakers or my stereo speakers, without having to crank the volume sky-high; 2) a speaker that would fit under my 40" TV without blocking any of the screen; and 3) a speaker that wouldn't break my budget -- around $100 or less. This is the one that met all of my requirements. I don't like to buy speakers without hearing them, but I couldn't find this locally to listen to it, so I took the plunge and trusted the Amazon reviews, and I have not been disappointed. I know there are much more expensive (and much larger) speakers, but this is still a quality product. It is small, but not light, and it puts out great sound. It works great with my Infinity stereo speakers. I plan to add rear channel speakers to complete a 5.1 surround set-up at some point, but I am really enjoying hearing the center channel details that I was missing.
on October 12, 2014
I found out after I ordered this speaker that it was the #2 Center channel speaker sold at Amazon. I've got an assortment of Polk main speakers, a powered sub-woofer and a pair of cheapo rear speakers. For the price, I found this model creates a clear sound with no distortion. I've been able to lower my speaker volume by 10 points ( my wife loves this!! ) since I listen to good deal of dialogue ( news on TV and such ) without changing anything else in the setup. The sound is so muted now due to the crisp dialogue and lower volume that they are not bothered from two rooms away.
on June 17, 2013
I have been enjoying this Center Channel for two months now. I am definitely pleased with its performance, especially for watching high-dialogue movies. Fits great in my entertainment center configuration (Yamaha RX-V471 Receiver, 2 Sony Tower Speakers, and a Polk Audio 10inch Sub.)
Small, but very effective. Music clarity(the highs)sounds great as well. For the price-point, I definitely recommend this product.
on March 25, 2015
A solid center speaker that does the job right out of the box. Polk items can go really high end, especially when buying a complete system, but individually you can build your system on a budget without breaking the bank.

It does exactly what it is supposed to do with very little fanfare or bells and whistles, and looks great with the grill on, or off. I have them off to match my components. The sound is solid, and naturally it is not made to carry the entire weight of the sound system, but to round it out as a team player. It is solidly built, looks great, and looks nice in front of my 50 inch Samsung. Do not expect the sound from this center speaker to blow you away, but it does the job nicely for what its designed for at a good price.

One caveat if you are not hanging it on the wall, the speaker dips a little low when resting it in front of your TV, so it looks off with a slanted downward look. It drove me nuts, so you will have to undertake your own solution since they did not supply any small supports for those thinking of resting in on an entertainment center. Buy some basic sticky furniture pads, or use any other item under the front corners that can stabilize the speaker and make it stand more upright. Once I did this, the look improved dramatically and the sound is going where it should, vs bouncing downwards away from you.

A great buy and I am pleased all and all. Polk always comes through with solid products that work like a charm.
on April 25, 2013
Had a little bit of a problem with the speaker...not that it malfunctioned, but it's rated for 8 ohms and all my other speakers and tuner do their ohms in increments of 6. Took a little bit of adjusting, but we got it to work well with the other equipment and I can really hear the voices from the actors during movies and TV shows much better than I could with my old system. As long as you have someone who knows how to balance your speakers, you shouldn't have a problem. Other than that one thing, I'm very happy with my purchase. It arrived quickly after ordering and was packaged very well.
This is a really good center speaker for the money. It has a nice sound to it and should work well in a smaller living room. We decided in the end that our living room was a little too large for this one and so we returned it and purchased the Yamaha NS-C310BL. I would not hesitate to recommend the Polk Audio TL1 for smaller room use.