5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy to get this speaker at discount
I have been on the prowl looking for a low-profile (less than 5-inch high) center-channel speaker for about a year after I bought an Onkyo RC360 receiver. I have a pair of hand-me-down floor-standing speakers which has a full ensemble of tweeter-midrange-woofers to provide a full range of sound. The problem is that dialogues in movies are very weak. Nothing I could do...
Published on May 10, 2012 by Mudd

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound is not great
I recently bought this speaker and am returning it today. I expected a center speaker that would improve the dialog, but this just doesn't do the job. Speech is not natural, a boxy sound and no easier to understand. I have good quality L/R front speakers and this center speaker degrades the sound of the whole system. I found that I get much better results by using the...
Published 17 months ago by David Mickle

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Understanding the back connections, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Polk Audio TL1 Speaker Center Channel (Each, Black) (Electronics)
There are some things I didn't understand about this speaker when I bought it, although I read all fifty-one reviews prior to deciding. You must have an amplifier to make it work. It's not a 'sound bar' type of speaker that can stand alone. It does not have RCA connections. You need to be able to connect bare wires or wires with 'banana' connectors? I'm sorry. I know you audio intelligentsia out there are snickering at my ignorance but not one of the fifty-one reviews said anything about the connections in the back. I gave it four stars because I didn't want to drag it's reputation down just because I didn't know what I was buying. It's beautiful, small, and sleek. I wrote this review for ignorant people like me who are actually looking for a sound bar set up. Hope it helps somebody.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOUNDS GOOD., August 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Amazon:
We have been enjoying our Polk Audio speaker now for several months and there is no
complaint about its performance. We are grateful for the opportunity it has given my wife
and I for the ability to be able to hear and enjoy movies and music. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polk Audio TL1 Center Channel, June 17, 2013
I have been enjoying this Center Channel for two months now. I am definitely pleased with its performance, especially for watching high-dialogue movies. Fits great in my entertainment center configuration (Yamaha RX-V471 Receiver, 2 Sony Tower Speakers, and a Polk Audio 10inch Sub.)
Small, but very effective. Music clarity(the highs)sounds great as well. For the price-point, I definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to give it 5stars, really sounds great for the price, May 17, 2013
I was hesitant but gave this speaker a try. It replaced a Sony center piece and is with the Sony F-series. It really surprised me in sound quality, even without comparing with others, it just gives you that satisfying full sound for its class. It has a nice gloss, is heavy but cheap cloth cover. Sound is rich (though not a boom box either) it is very clear in dialogue, crisp highs (clearly over the Sonys). I will have loved to try the JBL that is <$100 to compare but I have to give this speaker the credit it is worth - all 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price and good speaker, April 25, 2013
Had a little bit of a problem with the speaker...not that it malfunctioned, but it's rated for 8 ohms and all my other speakers and tuner do their ohms in increments of 6. Took a little bit of adjusting, but we got it to work well with the other equipment and I can really hear the voices from the actors during movies and TV shows much better than I could with my old system. As long as you have someone who knows how to balance your speakers, you shouldn't have a problem. Other than that one thing, I'm very happy with my purchase. It arrived quickly after ordering and was packaged very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, January 9, 2013
Great product at a great price. I ordered this speaker and It came in quick. it sounds great and we are very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polk Audio TL1 Center Channel Speaker--Amazing, December 29, 2012
Speaker arrived a day early and I hooked it up quickly. I/We were amazed with the difference in the audio. Music and Movies. The dialogue is great as well as the overall sound. It's nice to not have to crank up the volume to understand the dialogue. Works well with either DVD's or TV Programmes or movies. It enhances the music. Thanks Polk and Amazon.
The comments from other buyers helped with the decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for what it is, June 18, 2013
G. Paschal (Garland, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I know there are much better speakers; in general, you get what you pay for. This is not designed to be a primary driver in your system. However, if you are looking for a solid, clean-sounding center channel speaker that doesn't take up much room, I have found this to be a great choice. The main things I was looking for were 1) a good quality speaker that would let me hear the voice tracks in movies better than I could with my TV speakers or my stereo speakers, without having to crank the volume sky-high; 2) a speaker that would fit under my 40" TV without blocking any of the screen; and 3) a speaker that wouldn't break my budget -- around $100 or less. This is the one that met all of my requirements. I don't like to buy speakers without hearing them, but I couldn't find this locally to listen to it, so I took the plunge and trusted the Amazon reviews, and I have not been disappointed. I know there are much more expensive (and much larger) speakers, but this is still a quality product. It is small, but not light, and it puts out great sound. It works great with my Infinity stereo speakers. I plan to add rear channel speakers to complete a 5.1 surround set-up at some point, but I am really enjoying hearing the center channel details that I was missing.

1.0 out of 5 stars dull sound, March 6, 2014
Voices were muffled. could not understand what the actors were saying on TV. Returned it and spent the extra $20.00 on the Yamaha NS-C210BL. BIG difference in sound quality and virtually the same size as the Polk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome size, sound, price, March 28, 2014
Very sleek design was one of the decision makers. The sound quality for the size is awesome. I paired it with another brand in my surround system and it blended perfect. So far, great investment from a quality brand.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Polk Audio TL1 Speaker Center Channel (Each, Black)
$99.95 $74.99