Polk Audio's new UltraFit Sports Headphone Series is a rethinking from the ground up of performance, comfort and durability - the three characteristics serious athletes need most in a pair of headphones. Serious music lovers too will value the UltraFit Series because of its undeniably impressive sonic performance. The UltraFit 3000 is an in-ear canal design that offers the highest sonic performance and the highest level of noise suppression. SecureFit support and a generous assortment of ear tip materials and sizes means you'll enjoy a snug yet comfortable in-ear canal fit. A 3 button remote control and in-line microphone enable you to use your iPod or iPhone anytime, anywhere. While an included short (14") cable means hassle-free and tangle free MP3 sleeve and collar connections.
From the Manufacturer
Designed from the ground-up to meet the rigorous needs of the athlete and perfect for any active listener, UltraFit Sports headphones will be the last headphone you'll ever need to buy.
The UltraFit 3000 is an ultra-high performance in-ear canal design that offers a high level of noise suppression. SecureFit™ support and a generous assortment of ear tip materials and sizes means you'll enjoy a snug yet comfortable in-ear canal fit. A 3-button remote control and in-line microphone enable you to use your iPod® or iPhone® anytime, anywhere.
Three Cable Lengths For hassle-free, tangle-free Convenience. The UltraFit™ 3000 comes with three cable length options, so you can wear your music device the way that works best for you. A long (41") cable enables you to wear your music player on your waist or pants pocket. The short (14") cable is perfect if you wear your player on your arm, while the headphone to 1st connector is ideal for collar-clipped players like the iPod Shuffle®.
- High Performance Digital Sound—Exceptional detail, full fidelity and deep bass to maximize performance.
- 3-Button Remote Control & Microphone—Use your iPhone® and iPod® on the fly with in-line controls.
- SecureFit™ Support—Exercise or play knowing your headphones will stay comfortably in place.
- Environmental Awareness Engineered In—Hear enough of your surroundings to feel secure during exercise.
- Ultra Flexible Tangled-Free Planar Audio Cables—Avoid cable tangle and unwanted microphonics with oxygen-free cables in two custom lengths.
- StrainGuard™—Kevlar core and computer designed transitional connections eliminate cable failure.
- Moisture Shield—Resists moisture and keeps performing through strenuous activity.
- Short (14") Cable—For iPod nano®, iPod
- 3.5 mm Connector—Designed to fit through the opening on all cases.
- Engineered For Durability & Comfort—Made with the latest materials and performance technology to take punishment while staying comfortable.
Why you should consider this product
If you love to exercise or listen to music while on the go, Polk Audio UltraFit headphones are designed for you. UltraFit headphones deliver a richer, more natural sound that makes whatever you're doing more enjoyable. Their fit and comfort will practically make you forget you're even wearing them. UltraFit headphones were designed to stand up to professional athlete's demanding workouts, so you know they'll go the distance with you. It's one of the reasons the UltraFit Series will be the last headphone you ever need to buy. The UltraFit 3000 is an in-ear canal design that offers the highest sonic performance and the highest level of noise suppression. SecureFit™ support and a generous assortment of ear tip materials and sizes means you'll enjoy a snug yet comfortable in-ear canal fit. A 3-button remote control and in-line microphone enable you to use your iPod® or iPhone® anytime, anywhere. While an included short (14") cable means hassle-free and tangle-free MP3 sleeve and collar connections.
Take a look inside this product
- Dynamic Balance® Polymer Drivers. UltraFit Sport Headphones employ dynamic drivers much like those in our full size speakers. To meet our pre-determined performance parameters, our engineers took the same care designing the drivers, even adding a discrete crossover filter to each driver to naturalize the high frequencies.
- Ported Enclosures. UltraFit Sports Headphones are ported. There is the port (ear piece) you put in your ear. But the big deal is the very small channels in the back of the driver enclosure, beneath the Polk logo. These are crucial to tuning the driver's frequency response peaks. And that means a better sounding pair of headphones.
- Ultra Flexible Tangle-free Planar Audio Cable. Round cables, coiling up and twisting are a constant source of annoyance because they get in the way of your workout. Eventually constant twisting means the cable will break or pull out at the end. The UltraFit's planar design (with oxygen-free wire for better conductivity) completely eliminates coiling, so the headphone cables won't tangle up during a workout, or when stored away. The planar design also eliminates micro-phonics, the tendency of an electronic device to turn a mechanical vibration into "noise," which you hear in other headphones.
- Moisture Shield. No headphone works well in a sweat bath of moisture. So we added Moisture Shield, a filter that provides two benefits. Located in the ear port on the UltraFit 3000, the filter material resists moisture that could get to the driver; the headphones keep performing through strenuous activity. Moisture Shield also provides an acoustic barrier to help smooth frequency response.
- SecureFit™ Support. You're ready for your workout. You put on your headphones and get to work. The last thing you want is for an earpiece to fall out, instantly breaking your rhythm. SecureFit Support includes an ergonomically designed flexible ear hook that wraps around your ear, so the headphone stays in place, even during strenuous exercise. With SecureFit Support, you'll experience a snug yet comfortable fit.
- StrainGuard™. Sports headphones get a lot of abuse. UltraFit Sports Headphones have been designed with this in mind. Strainguard™ is a protective system that addresses the areas where sports headphones fail most often. A Kevlar core that houses the speaker wire provides extra tensile strength to prevent the wire from being pulled apart at common failure points - the transitions between cable and the connectors and at the headphones. In the UltraFit Series, all transitional connections are computer designed to strengthen the points where they fail most.
- Environmental Awareness. Being aware of your surroundings is always important when you use a pair of headphones. In the gym, on the track or walking through the neighborhood, you want to be able to have a sense of what's going on around you. The UltraFit 3000 provides a high level of noise reduction.
- Protective Case
- 14" Cable (35.6 cm)
- 41" Cable (104.1 cm) with 3 Button
- Remote Control & Microphone
- 3 Pairs StayFit™ Silicone Ear Tips (S/M/L)
- 2 Pairs StayFit 3-Flange Silicone Ear Tips (S/L)
- 2 Pairs Memory Foam Ear Tips (S/L)
- Nokia® Connection Adaptor
- Shirt Clip
- Warranty: One Year Limited parts and labor
To setup and operate this product
|UltraFit 3000 |
|Sensitivity ||118db |
|Impedance ||16 ohms |
|Aprox Weight ||0.4oz (11gm) |
|Frequency Response ||8Hz-24Khz |
|Style ||In Ear Canal |
|Transducer Type ||Dynamic Balance® |
|Transducer Diameter ||6mm |
|In Line Apple Remote ||Yes |
|Built-in Microphone ||Yes |
|Input Connections ||3.5mm |
|Finishes ||Black & Red, White & Orange |
|Parts Warranty ||1 Year |
|Labor Warranty ||1 Year |
|Included Cables ||13.4" Round, 14" Flat, 41" Flat |
|Included Ear Pads ||Silicon Single Flange S/M/L, Silicon Triple Flange S/L, Memory Foam S/L |
|Included Accessories ||Nokia® Adapter, Moisture Resistant Soft Case, Shirt Clip, Quick Start Guide and Manual |
|1To ensure a valid warranty, Polk loudspeakers must be purchased at an Authorized Polk Audio home or car loudspeaker Dealer such as Amazon.com. (If you're not sure a dealer is "authorized," call Polk Audio at 1-800-377-7655, and ask us.) The warranty is not transferrable, that means it applies only to the original purchaser. If you purchase your speakers from a private individual, that product is considered "used" and has NO factory warranty, no matter what the seller implies. The warranty is VOID if the serial number of the speaker has been removed or defaced. If you have any questions about your warranty coverage, or you think you need service, call Polk Customer Service at 1-800-377-7655. We're here to help you get the most from your new speakers! |