4.0 out of 5 stars Ultrafit 3000
Sound is very good. Has many options for fit and comfort. Headphones are very good but not perfect. I had trouble maintaining a good seal in ears while running at times. Still working on different ear configurations for best fit.
Published on February 2, 2012 by Taiter

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like these but
Published on February 22, 2012 by Howard

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, didn't last long, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Polk Audio UltraFit 3000 Headphones - White/Orange (Electronics)
I got these headphones for a Christmas present and I used them 4 times a week while training for a half marathon. The variety of ear pieces makes it easy to find a perfect fit for any ear. The sound quality is excellent. My big complaint is that the longer wire died after about 2 months of regular use (I only got sound in the right ear). I switched to the shorter wire (which I didn't really like because it's a bit too short) and that worked well for another couple of months but now I'm back to only having sound in my right ear. For the price I paid for these headphones, they should have lasted longer than 6 months of regular use.

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like these but, February 22, 2012
I bought a pair of UltraFit 3000 Orange/White off another online store, let me start out by saying the pictures made them look really snazzy, and they do in person. When I first got them I attached the longer cord so I could take advantage of the play/pause and volume buttons on the control pod to use with my Ipod Nano. I quickly realized something was wrong, the volume buttons did not work, I swapped the earphones over to my Iphone to see if it was a problem with my Nano, but same issue. I sent an email to Polk and much to my surprise, they responded in less then 5 hrs and said they were sending me out a replacement piece, no questions asked. So either this is a common issue or they have amazing customer service. I got the replacement control piece and everything was working and actually they sent me a complete set of attachments for the headphones not just the broken piece.

Now for my actual review:

These earphones for $80-$100 seem cheaply made, just looking at the control pod with the mic, play/pause and volume buttons its not completely enclosed and looks like it will easily break, and there is also gaps on both sides, so while maybe the earphones are moisture resistant, I'm not sure what happens if this part gets wet.

My next issue is the length of the cables and everyone else seems to have brought this up too, the cable with the control pod is way to long and the other cable is way to short. The flat cable is a nice touch but it seems to make the cable a lot heavier then I'm used to.

The sound quality doesn't seem to bad, initially I was really concerned that these had no bass to them, then I realized the earpieces I was using were not a good fit, when I switched them to a different size I could definitely tell a huge difference and the bass was much stronger. Remember these are In-Ear Canal headphones, that means they actually need to be in the ear canal.(ie a good fit)

If you can find these under $60 they might be worth it but at the current price I'm having a hard time recommending them. I am giving Polk 1 extra star for their amazing customer service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not hold up well to sport use, September 3, 2012
Plain and simple, after 5 months of regular sport use (i.e. running and biking) they failed on me. The line holding together the right earphone split open after about 3 months, and then the stiff wire inside started to rust. Over time they have become uncomfortable and lost sound quality in that ear.

Overall aside from this flaw they were nice headphones. I've bought the bose in ears as well as a $100 pair of shure's, and the sound quality was comparable, but the bose and shure both lasted me a year and a half.

Would not recommend to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!, March 26, 2012
I don't normally write a lot of reviews, but this product made me incredibly frustrated. I am an average runner that wanted a good set of headphones, I purchased these with prior knowledge of the company providing quality sound equipment. However, after running with them for less than 3 months, one headphone went dead. I attempted to contact the company on multiple occasions to see if they could rectify the issue and got no response. After multiple attempts, I simply went out and bought a set of Phillips, that were much cheaper and still work. I do not recommend these headphones for athletic use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultrafit 3000, February 2, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and finally some bass!, April 18, 2012
Been looking for proper headphones for running and working out as my old broke due to sweat. Tried a couple of different but there's just not enough bass in them. Decided to go for the expensive ones and tried Polk. OMG, what a difference! The sound is excellent and with all the different ear plugs that come with it you'll def find a perfect match. Two cables, perfect fit, noise reduction; I'm very happy with these!

Just got them so if my mind changes through time I'll update this post.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but failded quickly, February 11, 2014
These headphones sounded great for the three months that they operated correctly. Then I started getting shocked in my right ear...then the left ear. I emailed Polk about my problem and now I am waiting for their response. It amazes me that they broke that quickly, I used them about three to four times a week during workouts. Very disappointing from an otherwise quality company.

3.0 out of 5 stars sound great, fit not, June 18, 2013
The sound is really great. I can't get it to fit correctly in my left ear. I have tried all different combinations of the changeable bud end covers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, fit, sound, May 12, 2013
All factors excellent. More noise canceling than I had anticipated, but not so much that all external sounds were blocked out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some sports buds for those that run, jump, sweat a lot., May 16, 2012
Piotr Greszta (Park Ridge, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
Polk Audio UltraFit 3000 Headphones - White/Orange (ULTRAFIT 3000ORG)

First let me start saying that I'm a audiophile that works out, so it is not easy to impress me with headphones unless they are Shure quality.

We all know Shure E535/425/315 Sound amazing, but for those that work out, those will be put away quickly into the trash unless your workout is a "couch potato"
If you sweat a lot you will be looking for something water proof or at least resistant to some point.

First I tried Synnheisers, couple models that are very popular on this site, they were ok, not the greatest but the lack of moisture resistance "even though they were suppose to be" they started sounding very muffled.

Then was time to give the "in ear Beats by dre." a try. Those were just as standard as a Seven Eleven type headphones you can buy for $5.99, Don't waste your money there.

Then I read Polk was going to introduce something for those crazy runners, that enjoy quality audio and want to have a headphones that are durable, moist resistant, sound great, and stay on your ear.
For a second I thought, yeah right another ad gimmick, but considering Amazon has great return policy, I gave them a try.

"First Day impression"
As most people say on their reviews, Please read the manual/installation/use instructions. Make sure you fit the earphones correctly to achieve best sound. Having said that right off the bat these things sounded amazing.
Early in the morning I went out for a 50 min run and then went working out. With the Polk's attached to my head like "Nail in the coffin'" I could not believe no one before these guys was able to make such a comfortable, light weight in ear phones that sounded this great.
Bass reproduction is just excellent, far exceeded my expectations. High's and midrange is just where it needs to be. Overall i was astounded that these things for this price have so much to offer.

"Next few days"
As I work out daily, I always have to have some good energetic tunes to accompany my workout, Polk's stay on my head at all times.
It seems that now with little over 10 hours of use, they are broken in it seems and sound even more refined.

I'm very pleased with this set of earphones, and I'm sure this one will be staying with me for much longer than the other two sets I had used.

Polk Audio UltraFit 3000 Headphones - White/Orange