From the Manufacturer
Designed from the ground-up to meet the rigorous needs of the athlete and perfect for any active listener, UltraFit Sports headphones will be the last headphone you'll ever need to buy.
The UltraFit 500 is a high performance headphone designed to sit in the flange of your ear canal, while the ear piece hook insures a snug yet comfortable fit. The UltraFit 500 has been designed to offer you moderate noise suppression, so you have some awareness of your environment.
Three Cable Lengths For hassle-free, tangle-free Convenience. The UltraFit™ 500 comes with three cable length options, so you can wear your music device the way that works best for you. A long (41") cable enables you to wear your music player on your waist or pants pocket. The short (14") cable is perfect if you wear your player on your arm, while the headphone to 1st connector is ideal for collar-clipped players like the iPod Shuffle®.
- High Performance Digital Sound—Surprising detail and fidelity to maximize performance.
- SecureFit™ Support—Exercise or play knowing your headphones will stay comfortably in place.
- Environmental Awareness Engineered In—Hear enough of your surroundings to feel secure during exercise.
- Ultra Flexible Tangled-Free Planar Audio Cables—Avoid cable tangle and unwanted microphonics with oxygen-free cables in two custom lengths.
- StrainGuard™—Kevlar core and computer designed transitional connections eliminate cable failure.
- Moisture Shield—Resists moisture and keeps performing through strenuous activity.
- Short (14") Cable—For iPod nano®, iPod
- 3.5 mm Connector—Designed to fit through the opening on all cases.
- Engineered For Durability & Comfort—Made with the latest materials and performance technology to take punishment while staying comfortable.
Why you should consider this product
Serious exercisers and serious music listeners alike, in fact anyone who leads an active lifestyle, will truly appreciate Polk Audio UltraFit headphones. These headphones deliver a richer, more natural sound that makes music more enjoyable or more motivating. We've paid particular attention to fit and comfort. If it wasn't for your music you may not know you're even wearing them. UltraFit headphones were specially designed to stand up to a professional athlete's demanding workouts, so you can count on them going the distance with you. Their durability is just one of the reasons the UltraFit Series will be the last headphone you ever need to buy. The UltraFit 500 is designed to sit in the flange of your ear canal, while the ear piece hook insures a snug yet comfortable fit. The UltraFit 500 has been designed to assure you of moderate noise suppression, so you're always aware of your environment.
Take a look inside this product
- Dynamic Balance® Polymer Drivers. UltraFit Sport Headphones employ dynamic drivers much like those in our full size speakers. To meet our pre-determined performance parameters, our engineers took the same care designing the drivers, even adding a discrete crossover filter to each driver to naturalize the high frequencies.
- Ported Enclosures. UltraFit Sports Headphones are ported. There is the port (ear piece) you put in your ear. But the big deal is the very small channels in the back of the driver enclosure, beneath the Polk logo. These are crucial to tuning the driver's frequency response peaks. And that means a better sounding pair of headphones.
- Ultra Flexible Tangle-free Planar Audio Cable. Round cables, coiling up and twisting are a constant source of annoyance because they get in the way of your workout. Eventually constant twisting means the cable will break or pull out at the end. The UltraFit's planar design (with oxygen-free wire for better conductivity) completely eliminates coiling, so the headphone cables won't tangle up during a workout, or when stored away. The planar design also eliminates micro-phonics, the tendency of an electronic device to turn a mechanical vibration into "noise," which you hear in other headphones.
- Moisture Shield. No headphone works well in a sweat bath of moisture. So we added Moisture Shield, a filter that provides two benefits. A thin scrim on the UltraFit 500 driver screen, the filter material resists moisture that could get to the driver; the headphones keep performing through strenuous activity. Moisture Shield also provides an acoustic barrier to help smooth frequency response.
- SecureFit™ Support. You're ready for your workout. You put on your headphones and get to work. The last thing you want is for an earpiece to fall out, instantly breaking your rhythm. SecureFit Support includes an ergonomically designed flexible ear hook that wraps around your ear, so the headphone stays in place, even during strenuous exercise. With SecureFit Support, you'll experience a snug yet comfortable fit.
- StrainGuard™. Sports headphones get a lot of abuse. UltraFit Sports Headphones have been designed with this in mind. Strainguard™ is a protective system that addresses the areas where sports headphones fail most often. A Kevlar core that houses the speaker wire provides extra tensile strength to prevent the wire from being pulled apart at common failure points - the transitions between cable and the connectors and at the headphones. In the UltraFit Series, all transitional connections are computer designed to strengthen the points where they fail most.
- Environmental Awareness. Being aware of your surroundings is always important when you use a pair of headphones. In the gym, on the track or walking through the neighborhood, you want to be able to have a sense of what's going on around you. The UltraFit 500 offers moderate levels of outside noise reduction.
- Protective Case
- 14" Cable (35.6 cm)
- 41" Cable (104.1 cm)
- 3 Pairs StayFit™ Silicone Ear Tips (S/M/L)
- Shirt Clip
- Warranty: One Year Limited parts and labor
To setup and operate this product
|UltraFit 500 |
|Sensitivity ||118db |
|Impedance ||16 ohms |
|Aprox Weight ||0.5oz (14gm) |
|Transducer Type ||Dynamic Balance® |
|Transducer Diameter ||14.2mm |
|In Line Apple Remote ||Yes |
|Built-in Microphone ||Yes |
|Input Connections ||3.5mm |
|Finishes ||Black & Red, Black & Yellow, White & Grey, White & Orange |
|Parts Warranty ||1 Year |
|Labor Warranty ||1 Year |
|Included Cables ||11.4" Round, 14" Flat, 41" Flat |
|Included Ear Tips ||3 Pairs StayFit™ Silicone Ear Tips (S/M/L) |
|Included Accessories ||Moisture Resistant Soft Case, Shirt Clip, Quick Star Guide and Manual |
|1To ensure a valid warranty, Polk loudspeakers must be purchased at an Authorized Polk Audio home or car loudspeaker Dealer such as Amazon.com. (If you're not sure a dealer is "authorized," call Polk Audio at 1-800-377-7655, and ask us.) The warranty is not transferrable, that means it applies only to the original purchaser. If you purchase your speakers from a private individual, that product is considered "used" and has NO factory warranty, no matter what the seller implies. The warranty is VOID if the serial number of the speaker has been removed or defaced. If you have any questions about your warranty coverage, or you think you need service, call Polk Customer Service at 1-800-377-7655. We're here to help you get the most from your new speakers! |
Polk Audio's new UltraFit Sports Headphone Series is a rethinking from the ground up of performance, comfort and durability - the three characteristics serious athletes need most in a pair of headphones. Serious music lovers too will value the UltraFit Series because of its undeniably impressive sonic performance. The UltraFit 500 is our entry model and is designed to sit in the flange of your ear canal, while the ear piece hook insures a snug yet comfortable fit. The UltraFit 500 does not use in-line controls or a microphone, but has been designed to assure you of moderate noise suppression, so you're always aware of your environment. A short (14") cable, frees you to wear an MP3 player on a sleeve or collar for the utmost in hassle-free and tangle-free connections.