Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Price:$152.95+ $15.51 shipping

on January 11, 2014
We have several TVs in our house and in the past few years we have purchased and used (or returned) quite a few soundbars. This is the one that I am happiest with so we bought 2 of them. Why?

1. We were looking for a soundbar that is a DEFINITE improvement over the speakers in the TV.
2. One that is a soundbar only (no wired subwoofer) and one that gives a little punch of bass (but not too much, my wife doesn't like that)
3. We also wanted one well under $200. This one fits the bill on all of those. No other soundbar we bought, returned, or even looked at fit the bill.

So, if you are the rare person who is looking for what we are looking for in a soundbar, you have 3+ years of experience looking and testing out sundbars to tell you this is the best one to meet those criteria. If you are looking for other things, this one might not be for you.
on November 21, 2013
The Polk Audio Surroundbar SB2000 IHT has proven to be a very capable performer. The audio output is crystal clear and resonates very well. The built in sub woofer is more than adequate for those who are dissatisfied with their built in TV speakers. It gives plenty of thump and I've found that I have had to turn the bass way down when someone is trying to read or sleep in another room. For those putting together a home theater system in a dedicated home theater room you will obviously want to look at a dedicated Home Theatre system with a stand alone sub woofer, but for those who want a home theater experience without the big expense this will fill the bill nicely. A previous reviewer made the point that this system will not accept a Dolby Digital signal. I don't think this is not totally correct in that it will accept the signal but will only output a PCM 2 channel signal meaning no 5.1 surround, only 2.0. Programming the remote was not difficult providing you follow the instructions to a T, and program your TV remote first before you program your Satellite or cable box remote. With my Hitachi Platinum TV, I get visual numeric indications of the volume level and whether the mute is on of off. Some reviewers have stated that they didn't get any visual indication of the volume level, I guess it depends on your TV. My satellite remote was able to be programmed to control all the functions of the sound bar remote including the power on and off. This allows you to put the Polk and TV remote in a drawer and use only the Satellite remote to control all the function of the sound bar and the TV. To summarize, this product produces great sound with more than adequate bass for most TV viewers. It does not produce 5.1 Dolby Digital stereo, only PCM 2.0. Taking into account these limitations, I highly recommend this sound bar. if you buy it you won't be disappointed.
on September 13, 2014
This soundbard does not decode Dolby Digital audio format. Our Samsung smart TV works fine with the soundbar until we try to use the apps (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc). The apps seem to bypass the decoder and there is no sound from the soundbar.
Found a workaround online

1. Open app (e.g. Netflix) and the desired show
2. Pause the show and go to the sound settings in the tv menu
3. Scroll down to digital audio out
4. Switch to PCM

Otherwise, the soundbar works great, particularly for the price.
on January 10, 2015
I bought the Polk 2000 IHT Soundbar with the hope that it would provide better sound than my TV speakers. Mission accomplished. The soundbar provides a very nice surround effect and the sound quality is what I expect from Polk. I also have a five speaker (Polk RTA-11TL tower speakers, Polk M3 II rear speakers, and Polk CS200 center speaker) surround system. The soundbar does not provide the full surround sound that a front and rear system provides. However, the surround effect is very nice. You can hear the main sound that sounds like it is coming from the television as well as background sounds that seem to come from the extreme left or right. For the most part, the sound is clear and rich. Very low bass sound causes the soundbar to rattle, which I find to be annoying. I used the bass adjustment on the remote to turn the bass level all the way down, which was a big help without losing the richness. I am guessing that if I had spent more money to buy a soundbar with a separate sub-woofer this would not be an issue. I had a little trouble programming my TV remote to control the soundbar, but I was able to do it successfully nonetheless. One thing I do not like is that the indicator lights are on the top of the unit rather than on the front so you can see what you are doing when adjusting the volume or selecting a source. It would also be nice if there was an actual indicator showing the increase or decrease of the volume or bass level when you adjust them. I saw a one star review that complained that the surroundbar does not come with a power supply. I thought that was true with mine as well. Then I realized that the power supply was packaged at the end of the box that was damaged in shipping and got lost in transit. I called Polk support and had a power supply within a week.

Overall, for the price (I paid roughly $100.00), this is a nice surround sound system and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a low price solution to improve the sound quality from your television.
on November 21, 2015
I love this soundbar. I bought it for dimensions and the great legacy behind Polk Audio. Not only does it make my flat screen incredibly louder, it also doubles as stereo speakers if I want to plug the aux cord into my phone or ipod. Great product!
on February 5, 2015
Extremely well made sound bar with very robust sound. This bar has a learning feature to utilize your TV's remote to operate the volume up and down on top of having it's on remote. There is even a 1 meter optical cable included.

Polk can be proud of this product!
on April 20, 2016
Die hard Polk audio fan and this sound bar does not disappoint! Only downside is that Samsung smart tv's require you to change speaker output to pcm when using apps like Netflix or HBO GO. Other than that, it sounds AMAZING whether watching tv, movies or streaming audio!
on January 5, 2015
I like the unit but can't seem to program it using my Sony HDTV remote which means every time I want to change volume or cut the unit on or off I have to use the remote that came with the unit or the buttons on top of the unit.
on February 25, 2014
Good sound quality, but experience slight vibration on heavy bass sounds. Otherwise, good deal. Met my requirements for an open family room.
on January 21, 2016
Purchased 11/2014, worked well, standby feature turns off too quickly ie 3 minutes. But last night loud pop then nothing, Will not power on, must be blown. Buying a Samsung soundbar as not cost effective to ship Polk for repair.