5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing Back a Classic!!
Published on October 7, 2009 by OrangeCrush

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth of money
I feel very disappointed about the quality of the product. The souls on both heals were detached after only few wears. Do not recommend this boots.
Published 22 months ago by Grzegorz

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing Back a Classic!!, October 7, 2009
This review is from: Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Ranger Lace-Up Hiking Boot (Apparel)
I have to admit, I was absolutely blown away when I heard Ralph Lauren was bringing back the Ranger Boot. The Ranger Boot is usually referred to as the "cookie boot" because of the circle leather patch resembling a cookie shape. This boot was extremely popular back in the day and you would be hard pressed to find a hard core Ralph Lauren fan that didn't have a pair of these in his closet. This re-release couldn't have come at a better time as its now increasingly difficult to find a used pair in decent condition. I actually had my last pair stolen from a public pool locker a couple years back. Since then I have been unable to find another pair in good condition so again I was ecstatic when I heard that these were being re-released.

This new version receives a nubuck upper complimented by loafer-detailing and a buckled strap across the laces. It gives the rugged platform a sophisticated, yet edgy look. They may look a little different but they are still Rangers through and through. I wound up getting 2 pairs, the Tan and Black. The tan in particular are outstanding looking. The black are really nice too but the tan just really pop. I was obviously expecting a lot from these boots and they didn't disappoint, in fact I was more impressed than I thought I would be, especially with the tan pair.

One of the best things about Ranger boots is how comfortable they are especially once they are broken in. My old ranger boots were honestly some of the most comfortable boots I have ever owned and I am happy to say that nothing has changed in this regard. These boots are the pure definition of comfortable. Once you have them on, you don't want to take them off.

The bottom line - The ranger boot is back and that is a very good thing. These boots are extremely comfortable and look great with just about everything. These are a limited release so if your thinking about getting a pair, I would do it soon as I fully expect these to sell out extremely fast. I sure hope that this isn't just for 2009. Hopefully these become a permanent addition to Polo's footwear line.

Very highly recommended!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth of money, January 18, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Thie boots, February 2, 2012
Just got these in the mail yesterday and I'm wearing them now, they are amazing. I'm a girl, and even though these are mens shoes, they still work for me. Actually more of my female friends have these than my male friends. Anyways, since they are leather they are stiff, but I've yet to find the uncomfortable and they look amazing on. I got the Brandy (brown) colored ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ralph Lauren classic, September 14, 2009
True to size. Can be dressed up or down. Large logo on the side is nice. Very nice details.

My husband bought the same boots over 10 years ago and has been looking for them for the last year or so. And they were finally back in stock. They are still very nice boots, very good quality, but I think the boots he originally had, had a little more details, but these are just as great!!! A true Ralph Lauren classic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Less that 6 months and the souls on BOTH heals have torn apart!, December 7, 2012
CAS (Red Oak, TX) - See all my reviews
We purchased these for my husband for work, he's owned these in the past and was very impressed with how long they lasted when he had them before. We purchased these on June 18, 2012 and he wears them MAYBE three times a week on average. He came home on Dec 4, 2012 and the souls on BOTH heals were detached! I would definitely expect MUCH better quality from Ralph Lauren, especially when you're paying $139.95! VERY DISAPPOINTED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ranger ranger, January 18, 2011
Yo my boots came as scheduled. The leather is official! I sprayed some weather proofing on them and the are fine. Very comfortable. I wear boot socks with them and they feel super good. I have the gray ones too and they are really fly! Everytime I wear them I get compliments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polo Ralph Lauren, December 4, 2010
I bought this item for my partner who loved it. They are good quality leather and very light. Great buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply Made, very disappointing., August 8, 2013
The heel started to come off after a few wear. I'll never wear/buy a Ralph Lauren shoe again. I can't believe that a $130 shoe heel was not sewed on but glued on with Elmers glue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made product........., January 16, 2013
I have been an amazon customer for several years and this was the first time that I have received a product that was made this poorly. The boot was not stitched to the sole, it was glued so naturally the sole seperated from the boot after a few wears. I was very surprised. Thankfully I was able to return the product or else I would be stuck with sole-less boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking boot. Can't wait to try them out this winter., October 15, 2014
They're not as bulky as they look in the picture, which i'm personally happy about. I wanted to find a nice leather boot that I could wear for my first winter in Chicago and i think i found what I was looking for. The leather is soft and they fit perfectly. They don't feel like they'll fall apart and the buckle is surprisingly sturdy and practical. I do wish they would've included care instructions.

Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Ranger Lace-Up Hiking Boot