Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on November 15, 2012
*quick drive-by review*

-uncomfortable, thin, tight, slippery(especially when wet),expensive...

*on the couch loafing review*

I got these loafers at our local factory outlet (Polo Outlet Store). Tried them on at the store because they were on sale for about $45.00 from their $75 price tag.

It was uncomfortable at the store but I was told that I could break them in in a couple of weeks.

They were a bit thin but I thought they'd make good summer loafers for when I would just make a quick trip here and there. But I quickly realized that the padding was a bit thin for me.

Since the part of the store where I tried it on was carpeted, I didn't notice how thin the soles truly were.

When I would walk from my garage to the car on my gravel driveway, I could feel the gravel beneath my feet. Very uncomfortable.

On smoother surfaces like paved roads or concrete sidewalks, it felt slightly better but still, it felt "hard" on the feet.

For those that enjoy that "bare-foot" experience, they might enjoy the loafers, I prefer to have mine padded a bit more.

It is slippery, especially when walking on certain wet surfaces. I didn't get a good feel of the pedal when I would drive, it didn't "grip" enough for me.

As for the breaking it in? It never happened. I got these back in July 2012, wore it through the summer and hoped that it would be broken in. Still tight and uncomfortable.

Now that it is winter, the material is a bit thin to be worn for the winter.

At $99.00 (here at Amazon, at the factory store, the regular tag was $75.00) there are much better loafers out there...(Even if it is on sale for half off, I would not recommend it)

It's too bad, I don't buy much brand-name shoes and really wanted to like these. But they disappointed. Now that I think about it, there were 3 other different shoes at the store, but these were the only ones on sale and they had a lot of it on stock. Wonder if that was a "sign"...

hope this helped. :-)

PS, added some photos...
review image review image review image
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
I finally got a couple pairs of these for the beach (while not ON the beach) to take a break from sandals/flip flops. Everyone compliments the way they look. A note specific to these ones however, they are MUCH more blue than what is pictured (as of the time of this review). They actually look true navy, unlike the image I saw when purchasing (which I liked as well). I also bought the olive version, which in believe to be older... The lining would come out easily with your foot, whereas in this pair, it seems they've modified it so it's glued/molded in place. At any rate, I'd recommend wearing no show socks with them to keep them fresher longer, and avoid water. A damp towel was thrown on top of these and I didn't notice until the next day. after that, they seem to have lost their shape a bit.
on April 24, 2013
Based on the other reviews I got size 10 thinking I would use my orthodics but they fit perfect and have a good arch without them. They are really comfortable almost like a slipper and without socks in the summer they will be a good alternative to wearing sandals to go out. Bottom line if you buy one half size up you'll be okay but if you have a hard orthodic your heel wil slip out of the shoe.
on June 11, 2013
I bought a pair of size 10.5, and they were so small that I couldn't even get my foot more than halfway in the shoe. It was more like somewhere between a size 9.5 and 10. But to make things worse, the length of the shoe was way longer than what a 10.5 should be. It was easily a size 11 length. I returned these shoes immediately for a refund. Buyer beware.
on December 7, 2012
The shoes were so soft! They were a gift for one of my coworkers that has been showing what a Team player is. Just wanted to say "Thank you to him". He loves them! He makes sure to show me each time he wears them. I would recommend these to any one looking for a nice pair of dress up or dress down kinda shows. They would look great with a pair of jeans and a Sports Coat, or with a pair of Chino's and a dress shirt and tie.
on July 6, 2013
Bought these for husband's Birthday, he loved them,the leather is soft and he says there's good custioning for the feet. the black looks better in person,I think this is a great shoe for guys.he wears a size 12 and the fit was good
on June 21, 2013
I am a flat footed man. It's difficut for me to find a slip on shoe that looks right on my feet. This shoe looks good on my feet. I can dress these up or down. They are very comfortable. I am quite satisfied.
on December 8, 2013
I bought 10.5, then returned them for 10, and they are still a hair big, but easily wearable. As you can figure out from other reviews, these shoes are not made for walking around. They have very thin soles, and are designed for driving, which they work perfectly for. Just plan to take an extra set of shoes with you if you're gonna walk around much the same day. I would buy these again. I've received several compliments from my fellow car club members about how they look.
on May 13, 2013
I like this pair of slip on's , but have only worn them once, because I wore them the day after delivery, and spent two days trying to get the dye off my feet. (Socks are a must for a shoe meant to be worn without socks)
on May 28, 2013
This is my second pair of these...great design, with durable mini-sole...still feels like a slipper, so it's a great go-to shoe for everyday ariund the house, errands, and walking the dogs. Seems to fit true-to-size, maybe a smidge large.