on November 10, 2011
Please don't judge this item by the other reviews. Most of the issues they are describing are related to their provider, or PBX. Overhead paging, call transfers, dropped calls, etc... are all problems with the system the phones are connected to, not the phone it's self. I suspect those reviews are from disappointed CEOs who don't know the difference between a handset and the PBX.

Pros
Sound Quality is Great! Rich audio with deep tones. The ringer is loud enough for an office environment. I find most of my clients keep them about 40%, I would not recommend using it as a warehouse ringer.

Build Quality is Good! Very well built, it should be able to handle that angry guy in the corner of the office who slams his handset down every other call. The handset gives you a good grip. I think it feels more natural than the Cisco line.

The price of this handset makes it ideal for non-essential locations.(i.e. I would not use it in a high volume call center, the boss' office, a conference room, or for the receptionist. It is made for the average office worker.)

Cons
The boot time is a little longer than I would like but not much more than a Cisco (I say Cisco because I know that's what everyone is comparing it to.)

The screen on this model is little small, I always seem to wish it had just a bit more real estate.

The "dial" button is not a soft button on this model, it is a real button. This is not so much of a problem unless you have 550s or 650s in the mix. The problem then comes from having to get used to the dial button being in different locations on different models.

Asterisk configuration is not as easy as some of the other brands out there but if you search google long enough you will figure it out. Once you get it up, I think it has more working features than the Cisco stuff but not as much as some of the other high end phones.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 19, 2012
I purchased three of these last year for my business - two of them are in my physical office and the third is in my home office, about 20 miles away from my physical office. They were purchased through one of the largest hosted VoIP PBX providers when I transferred our phone service to them, for about $20 more (per phone) than what Amazon was charging at the time (of course, mine included a power supply whereas those on Amazon do not).

I held off from writing a review until now, because I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of use on them beforehand. I'm reviewing just the phone - I'll hold back from crossing too much into what the VoIP provider offers or any quirks with their service, as this phone could very well operate completely differently from provider to provider.

So, here are some pro's and con's that I've noticed with the phone:

PROS

1) It's a sturdy, professional looking phone. I've run across many other VoIP phones that look like cheap plastic that don't deserve to be anywhere close to an office desk. This one looks very professional, and it's very sturdy as well. I even dropped the handset once and it didn't even leave a mark.

2) Sound quality is good. All too often you get the tin-can effect on a VoIP phone (you know, where audio quality is like you're listening to an AM radio station). The "HDvoice" in these phones gives it a sound quality that may in fact be a little better than a traditional hard-wired phone.

3) It supports 1 line or 2 line operation. By lines, I mean extensions. You can assign two separate extensions to the phone if you have the need for that. Otherwise, the Line 2 button can be swapped out to be used as a speed dial button to your voicemail service.

4) It has an ethernet pass-through port on the back, so that you can actually hook another network device up to this (i.e. your computer) if you only have access to one network port at your desk. It also has a 1/8" headset port on the side that you can plug a headset directly into (so that you don't have to buy an expensive phone headset unit), and it has a dedicated button on the phone to allow you to answer the phone with your headset, without having to lift your handset.

5) The speakerphone and ringer are plenty loud enough to use in a normal office setting. I keep my ringer at about 60% most of the time.

CONS

1) The screen on the phone is plenty large enough. The problem is that the phone doesn't make good use of the screen. Most items on screen (i.e. text) are way to large, making it somewhat hard to navigate menus and requiring you to press up, down, left, right buttons a lot to get to where you want to go.

2) On some menus, there is no "exit" or "return" function. You have to press the menu button to get back to the home screen. Not necessarily an issue, but just an oddity.

3) Like other reviews have said, the boot time is a bit slow. Anticipate it taking a good minute for the phone to boot up after a power failure or reset.

4) Leaving the phone set in DHCP instead of static IP has resulted in my office phones losing their IP settings from time to time, and you don't know that your phone isn't working correctly until you either try to make a call, or a call to your phone is forwarded to your mobile. A simple fix for me was to reconfigure the phones with static IP addresses, and I haven't had that problem since. (Note, this could in fact be an issue with my network's DHCP server versus an issue with the phone, but just wanted to mention it in case others have experienced the same issue).

OVERALL, I like the phone, and as I have additional needs for phones, I'll be purchasing more of them.
on October 31, 2013
Needed an IP phone to work with my RingCentral account. Decided to go with this phone over a Cisco model and very happy so far. The call quality is good (haven't really tested it beyond today) and the setup was simple. I simply followed the provisioning steps from RingCentral account and was up and running in a matter of 15 mins. I was actually surprised to see everything worked the first time around!!

The bootup/restarts are a little slow, both otherwise a solid buy, especially for a small business owner looking to escape costly phone costs from cable / traditional phone plans.
on April 28, 2011
Great little 2 line phone. Sound quality is great. The only reason I don't give this IP phone a 5 is because the ringer volume is so low it really is a joke. You better be sitting right next to this baby when it rings or you will miss your call. And yes, I do have the ringer volume turned all the way up.

The only other complaint I have is that the boot time is very long compared to other IP phones I have used.

A great phone for the price. If they fix the ringer volume I would rate it 5 stars.
on August 17, 2014
Love these IP 335 phones. We have over a hundred at work, but I bought this for use at home on an Internet phone system provider NocTel. Polycom actually got smart and has gone for a mass-market non-vendor-locked solution that is high-quality and competitively priced. This is a "volume" play for them I am sure and it is working great. We use these on an Asterisk phone system at work.

I use it with a cheap 802.3af PoE switch. (having a separate power cord would suck)

Death to proprietary phone systems!

-Eric
on March 19, 2013
We just replaced our aging Cisco phone system with a cloud based 3CX phone system and put these phones on everyone's desk. The phones are much better quality than the Cisco desk phones we had, you know the one's you see on TV all the time, and the sound quality is much better too. As for one of the comments made about it taking a long time to reboot the phone, that is true but our Cisco phones took even longer to reboot.
The phone is simple to use, has a small profile, and is solid.

Addendum: The manufacturer doesn't provide any end user support to speak of. You'll have to use their web pages for what little support you can find.
on October 1, 2014
What can I say, they just work and have incredible sound quality. We probably have 30 of them throughout our office, warehouse, shop, and assembly buildings with another 5-6 spread from Oklahoma, Florida, and Mississippi to Australia and France. Plug them into the LAN and they're automatically picked up and programmed by our CudaTel. For the remote locations just pop in the WAN IP address of our CudaTel and they're automatically programmed. Simple, effective, and everything a true commercial business grade phone should be.
on July 14, 2015
This was to replace my older Polycom 331. As was the case with the 331, I had to call my telco provider to get it set up. Except with this thing, after 90 minutes of fruitless efforts to get the setup done, we gave up. Beats me why Polycom is so damned hard to set up, but there you have it. I'll probably try a higher grade model(VVX 330 series, maybe). But this was truly spitting-nails frustrating.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 12, 2015
Good workhorse VOIP phone with our office. Easy to set up with our VOIP provider. Sound is good to our ears and to the people on the other end. The LCD is a bit small, but nothing that will take away from using it on a daily basis.
on May 2, 2013
We purchased 3 of these phones for sales/customer service and hooked them up through RingCentral. They are awesome with tons of features and perform the job as needed for those tasks.