5.0 out of 5 stars 5+++ Stars

Published on June 28, 2011 by Kright

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 5+++ Stars, October 25, 2012
Shay (Boulevard, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polystar 63 Count of Embroidery Thread Now with 1,100 Yard Snap Spools w/ Thread Box Especially Produced for Use in Brother and Babylock Machines
I read the reviews and researched elsewhere before buying this thread and I couldn't be more pleased. This thread works the best in my Brother machine. The embroideries come out looking 200% better than with any other thread that I have tried. My machine had huge problems with Sulkie thread, which I bought a bunch of while I was waiting for my shipment. The colors were not as vibrant and the machine didn't like it either, the underneath was just huge clumps of thread. Nothing against Sulkie, it's the wrong weight for my machine.

I had no problems at all with my horizontal thread holder and this thread. I did experience one problem with thread breaking which was purely my fault. I have been sewing for 30 years and I own two other Brother machines. I didn't read the instructions on how to thread the machine. It's a sewing machine with arrows and numbers showing you how to thread the machine and it threads exactly like my Brother sewing machine -- sort of. My sewing machine couldn't seem to care less if I thread it with the presser foot down. I always do this, particularly with an auto needle threader because I don't want to accidentally break my machine by forgetting to put the presser foot down before using the auto-threader. I never met a machine that reacted to this-until now. After my thread broke a couple of times, I did read the threading instructions on my new Brother embroidery machine which say you have to thread the machine with the presser foot UP. As soon as I re-threaded I made 6 designs with my new thread which were each one richly colored and silky smooth with this thread. Even my husband, who doesn't care about thread or sewing, oohed and ahhhed over this rich thread.

The colors are beautiful, the fill in the designs are full and silky. Beautiful. If its made for your machine, I highly recommend the product. It's so pretty sometimes I just go through looking at all the colors because it makes me happy. No doldrum colors here! Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful threads, April 16, 2012
I have just started machine embroidering and carefully read the reviews before choosing threads. These are supposedly created specifically for Brother and Babylock machines. I have a Brother; my sister, an accomplished seamstress, has a Babylock. We worked on a few projects together and the threads worked wonderfully. She then ordered this set for herself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserves better than five stars!, August 18, 2012
Just as some other reviewers have commented, I was hesitant to spend this much on a brand of thread I hadn't tried, but I'm glad I took a chance on it! It's the BEST thread I've used, and I've only used the top three brands in embroidery thread before this. My Brother SE-400 LOVES it---no tension problems, thread breakage or gaps in stitching! The range of colors is excellent. I will definitely purchase this product again, but these large spools won't be running out anytime soon! Oh, the snap-lock feature at the bottom of the spool is great. The box is sturdy itself, but the inner cardboard tray that holds the top layer of thread is a bit on the flimsy side, so handle it with care.

Update: I purchased this set on July 4th. It is now March 21st. I've added a Brother PE-770 to my sewing room and have been using the Polystar thread with both machines. This is still my favorite thread. Both machines perform well with it. I rarely miss a day of embroidering and sometimes spend as much as fifteen hours in my sewing room. I haven't used up a spool of this thread yet! You really get your money's worth with these large spools.

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to start, January 23, 2011
Helen L (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
I am still new to machine embroidery and have been a little overwhelmed by all the products needed for this hobby of mine. I purchased Polystar embroidery thread because it is recommended by Brother. The weight of the thread is 50 which is lighter than the other brands I purchased (40), but I have read that Brother sets their embroidery machines at the factory to a 50 wt. It worked well with my Brother PE-770. The color selection is pretty wide spread and has allowed me to actually start embroidering projects with almost all the colors needed. The spools hold a great deal of thread (1100 yds or 1000 meters) and the loose end of the thread can be secured. One of the features of this purchase that I was surprised with is the box that the thread comes in. It is a nice box that will store this thread and has a magnetic closure. Box is of high quality and certainly not a throw away. I have embroidered on fleece and taffeta and the thread performed well. I am happy with this purchase and will buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy so far, November 14, 2011
I am a beginner at embroidery and just got the Brother SE400 sewing/embroidery machine along with this set of thread. So far so good. I haven't had any problems with my first projects and love the colors. As I am only working on basic projects at this stage the range of colors is sufficient for me and the box in which the thread comes is very convenient. This is a cardboard box though so I am not sure how long this will last but I guess that if you are cautious with it and don't move it around too much this should be OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polystar thread collection, March 28, 2012
I was reluctant to purchase this polystar because all I used was Maderia rayon. I had received starter set when I purchased additional hoops for my embroidery machine, they seemed to be ok. I ordered polystar online received it promptly, and was very pleasantly surprised at the variety of colors. I have used this thread exclusively for a couple of weeks now in my brother innov-is 5000 with absolutely NO troubles. The color is very vibrant and fits fine in the thread holder, it feeds perfectly off the spool. What more could one ask for? Definitely, I would recommend this product to anyone!

The only downside to this was the box. The actual box is very nice, I would store my thread in it for a long time. However, there is an inner tray of thread that lifts out to access the thread underneath that is very flimsy. I wish it was sturdier so I can keep it all together. All in all its a real bargain for the price!! Happy sewing all!

3.0 out of 5 stars Trouble, June 28, 2011
Unfortunately, while the thread itself seems to be a quality product, the way it is wound and the type of spool used DOES NOT fit/work with my Babylock Ellegante 2. I previously had a Brother Embroidery Machine and know it also was a horizontal thread load machine. The description includes use on Brother/Babylock machines. If loaded per machine instructions, the thread pulls down to small end and hangs up. I am at my wit's end trying different approaches from using the vertical spool loader to the spool net with no luck (same or worse results). Last resort is to rewind onto a bobbin spool and use that for main thread supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain!, October 10, 2010
This works really well with my brother embroidery/sewing machine. I have not had any breakage or problems with it. It is much cheaper than purchasing seperately. The box with dividers makes it really easy to stay organized.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Thread, but duplicate colors, September 30, 2012
Laura (United States) - See all my reviews
This is great thread! I love how it stitches out, but I do have one complaint. I have 3 spools of the same color purple (we have even examined them under the Ott light), yet they have 3 different labels on them. One of them states that it is RED 620, yet another says MAGENTA 620. I also got 2 black ones when one was supposed to be dark grey.
So, while I love the thread, the quality control of getting the correct label on the spool seems to be an issue, as does getting the assortment that was described.
I cannot even find out who makes Poly-Star thread so I can write them a letter. Guess that is one way for them to not have to take care of any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not be more pleased!, August 7, 2012
I received the package unbelieveably fast and did a stitch out the moment it arrived. I couldn't believe the quality! I had been having trouble with looping on the top of my design, and after changing fabric, stabilizer and needles, came to believe it was the thread. I ordered the Polystar and it works like a dream, not a single break or loop in the whole design. I was especially leery to purchase since another reviewer said that it didn't work in her Ellegante 2 and since that it what I have I was worried, but I didn't experience that same difficulty with tangling that she described, I did use the smallest spindle cap that I had and slowed the stitching speed slightly and didn't have a problem at all. Absolutely worth the price!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›