VINE VOICEon August 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I enjoyed this product and will definitely buy it in the future. It goes on very smoothly, has a great scent and has great coverage for a BB Cream.

BB Stands for Beauty Balm. BB creams are an all-in-one type of product that can replace several products such as moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock - though each BB Cream can advertise what they help with, so read the package.

This product claims to be formulated to have tone correction and give you luminous coverage plus with a nice SPF 15. In addition the product claims to help correct dark spots in 2 weeks. I am 32 years old and do not have any dark spots on my skin yet, so I am unable to verify if this claim was accurate or not.

I was debating between the light and the medium color. Because fall is approaching I opted for the light color. To compare what color foundation I have used in the past it has been Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (Fairly Light) and Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup 3 1 oz which both I have been professionally matched to my skin tone.

The color was great. It really evened out my skin tone and I appreciated the SPF 15 in the product. The other BB Cream I have used in the past has been Stila Stay All Day 10-In-One HD Illuminating Beauty Balm With Broad Spectrum SPF 30 1.3 oz which I paid nearly $40 for and I had to say, I liked the Ponds product better and it is half the cost!

Also the smell is wonderful. Has a very light flower type smell to it. Once you put it on, you do not have any scent at all so people that are sensitive to secant do not worry.
VINE VOICEon September 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A few years ago, I committed a MakeUp Lovers Deadly Sin: I gave up wearing foundation. I no longer like a full-coverage look and so many foundations made me break out. I am *ahem* mature, but also still have oily skin. That's a lethal combination when it comes to finding good skin care and foundation.

I've been reading about BB creams but I was hesitant to try them. It seemed too good to be true and you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true. I tried a different BB cream and wasn't excited about it but I wasn't giving up!

Pond's Luminous Finish BB Plus Cream with SPF 15 is a great product - especially for $10.99! The package promises instant, natural looking coverage, that there will be visible dark spot correction in 2 weeks, there is SPF 15 with UVA/UVB protection, it has non-greasy moisturization and it's non-comedogenic (won't clog pores.)

The coverage is natural looking. I look like me, only with better skin. It's pretty good coverage, too. I have a dark spot on my cheek (the things they don't tell you about aging!) and it covers it well. Further, it stays covered all day. I usually take my makeup off and wash my face about 8 PM and it's still covered. I put it on about 7:15 or so, so that's a full day of staying in place! I can't say that I've noticed a "visible dark spot correction" as yet, but I'll give it more time.

I live in Florida and stay inside because the heat and humidity are ridiculous here in the summer time, so I can't tell you anything about how it works for SPF. I don't wear makeup when I go to the beach, so I didn't test out its sunscreen abilities.

It's definitely non-greasy, but I found that it's not enough moisturization for me. I have oily, but mature, skin and I notice that my skin looks better when I use moisturizer before the BB cream. Otherwise, I look flaky by the end of the day. If you're younger, you might not have this problem - or if you don't have skin that needs A LOT of exfoliation- so I'd suggest trying it without moisturizer for a few days to see how it works. It also hasn't clogged my pores anymore than they would be anyway.

The package directions tell you to apply generously every few hours. I applied it as I would a foundation and it was good coverage. I didn't reapply every few hours because I wasn't using it as SPF, so I don't know how it would look if you added more. It seems like overkill.

If you're going to have official pictures taken for some reason wearing the BB, I'd test it out first with your phone's camera or something. It's called "Luminous" and there is a shiny look to your face. In real life, that doesn't look oily, it just looks lovely. However, in pictures that shiny look can look more like you didn't wash your face than that you have dewy, youthful skin.

I tried this in "Light" and it matched my skin tone pretty well. I meant to ask a friend who has slightly darker skin, but still fair, to try it out, but she left on vacation before I had a chance.

Overall, I'd say this is an affordable option that does pretty much all that it says it will do. I'll try to remember to update in a few weeks and let you know if my dark spots are truly visibly less dark.
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This BB cream left my 43-year-old skin looking dewy and fresh. The shade is *very* light and I would only recommend it for people with very fair skin (think Irish or Nordic).

I use this instead of makeup foundation. It works very well for that. It never looks caked-on or obvious.
on September 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I absolutely LOVE this product. I have rosacea and very pale skin and it is often hard to find makeup that will help disguise the redness but not make me look like I'm wearing a mask. This BB cream works like a DREAM. First, it has eliminated from my morning get-ready-for-work routine my need for: sunscreen, concealer, base, powder, and bronzer. I literally just use this BB cream and look fabulous. It does make your skin have a warm glow like you've used bronzer, but it matches my fair complexion perfectly. It totally covers up the redness in my cheeks, but blends amazingly well and makes my skin look smooth. I have gotten numerous compliments on my skin since I started using this product. It really is worth a try if you are looking to simplify your getting-ready-in-the-morning routine and want to feel confident and look great. I realize it seems like I'm going on about it, but I truly haven't found a product of this type that I like half as much. Highly recommended!
on September 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This was my first experience with a "BB cream," after seeing a thousand commercials about their miraculous properties. Holy cow, it's for real! It's like a tinted moisturizer, but it somehow blends and smooths your complexion. The "Light" version is not at all white or pasty. It leaves a luminous finish, and then all I have to use with it is a touch of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil... and I am 50 years old. This stuff makes me look 30. Or so I like to believe. HA.

I am definitely, positively, ABSOLUTELY buying this in the future. NO DOUBT.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 11, 2014
Verified Purchase
I am asian. And I have fair combination skin before I came to San Francisco. After a year living in SF, I got tanned a little bit. And I had a lot of acne. Now it's healing. But I have a lot of acne scars.

Compared to most BB creams out there, this one truly is a winner. It smells good. It's not greasy. It does not cause acne. And it has a light coverage. I have tried Clinique, Dior, Estee Lauder, Maybelline. None of them works. They either cake in the pores and lines or give me a ghost white face. This one blends in well. And the light shade fits me. No one can tell that I am wearing BB cream. As for the whiteing effect, I think it does work. I have used more than half a bottle now. And I can see that my scars have faded a little bit. It's not a whitening serum, so for a BB cream, it really has done a good job.

I just ordered my second bottle. And I hope they will not discontinue this fantastic product.

Just FYI, the foundation I use is Chanel Perfection Lumiere 20 Beige. So I think anyone uses the same or lighter shade can wear this BB cream without being too white.
on May 12, 2014
Verified Purchase
I read all of these amazing reviews about this product and decided to order it on Amazon, thinking this would be my new go-to BB. I have used Skin79, Missha, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and now this. I have to say, in terms of thickness it is right between the Missha (super thick/pasty) and Laura Mercier (more like a thin lotion). As others have said, it smells pretty nice, but after using the Laura Mercier, it really feels too thick and drying on my skin. For the thickness, I also don't think the coverage is as good as the Korean brands like Skin79/Missha. So far, I've only used it twice and now it just sits in my drawer. I think I will use it again, but only when I run out of my Laura Mercier. The price is right, but I just don't think it's a good fit for me.
on September 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As soon as I saw the word luminous I was sold. I love that word and everything it implies. However, to be honest, I had to look up what a BB was. I see that it's a beauty balm or blemish balm and that it basically takes the place of foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen and blends them all together into one. At least that's what I took away from the meaning. So, needless to say, I'm not 100% sure what a BB is but I get the basic idea.

Anyway, I really like this product. I don't exactly feel luminous when I'm wearing it but I do feel like it evens out my skin tone enough that I feel good. It's supposed to cover up dark spots and I'm not sure it's really made to do that even though it states it is.

I really don't go out into the sun that often so I'm not real sure how the SPF holds up. Seems fair.

I actually like the idea that I don't have to use a moisturizer with this but sometimes I forget I don't have to. The best part is that I don't get greasy towards the end of the day. A lot of other foundations and moisturizers I usually end up blotting the oil off during the day and with this it doesn't get bad at all.

So, with all that said, I'd definitely buy this again. It doesn't make me greasy, it has SPF and my skin tone looks awesome. My only complaint is the dark spot corrector. It doesn't really seem to work that well on the dark spots but even so I really like this product.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
BB creams, for those who are unfamiliar with them, are combination moisturizers that generally contain a tint and a sunscreen. The sunscreen protection varies among products. Pond's BB cream is a very reasonably priced alternative to expensive department store brands, but is equally as good... perhaps better. I had previously used a department store brand BB cream, and the Pond's compared very favorably and even surpassed the expensive cream in terms of ease of application.

Pros:
- The cream is described as having a "luminous finish" and indeed it does. It gives the skin a nice glow which helps create the look of evenness.
- Sunscreen protection - The Pond's BB cream contains a broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen to protect skin from sun damage
- Tint - the slight tint of the product evens out skin tone
- Ease of application - this cream spreads very easily and was simple to apply
- Doesn't clog pores - therefore good for younger people or those prone to blemishes

Cons:
- The tint is very sheer. If you need more coverage you will need to follow this with an application of regular makeup, or you might be better off with a CC cream (color correcting).
- Coverage is light. If you are young (ie: 20's) and don't need much coverage, this should be fine as an all in one product. If you are older, this may just be another cream you end up adding to your regimen.
- Not great for dry skin - you may need to start out with a plain moisturizer first if you have dry or very dry skin because this product is not highly moisturizing.

All in all a very good product. Note: the "light" shade is VERY light. If you are not extremely fair, you should consider using a darker shade.

*** This review written by my wife.

Important:Read the EWG Skin Deep analysis for this product. Its overall score is "5" ("moderate hazard"), but there is a specific concern about the fragrance formulation. The other ingredients are lesser concerns. Make your own assessment and compare vs. other products.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2014
Verified Purchase
Well, I'm not going to waste any time thinking that this will fade dark spots or scars. None of these promises for products ever come true. I bought it to use on those days when I don't want to put on makeup but also don't want to frighten people or myself when I look in the mirror. My skin is pretty clear with only one dark spot in front of my right ear. I used the Pond's moisture lotion with SPF 15 then put this on top of it and it looked very nice. The light is a perfect match for me. I put a little extra over the dark spot and it seemed to make it less noticeable. I have several Ponds products and like all of them. I have always used the very expensive Shiseido products and loved them but not only have they gone out of sight in price, they no longer sell the ones I used and loved. I'm 77 years old and no longer worry much about my skin except that I want the product to moisturize my skin and not irritate it. So far I am happy with the Ponds products. I have some L'Oreal BB cream and like this Ponds much better.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations