Pond's Day Lotion with SPF 15, Luminous Moisture 1.7 oz
Price:$8.59 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon June 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really love this moisturizer. I have combination skin, that can also be sensitive, and this has been one of my favorite. I love that it contains an SPF in it, which is great for protecting your skin, but it doesn't look, feel or smell at all like sunscreen.

It doesn't feel thin and watery, and it's not super thick or greasy at all. My skin is also prone to breakouts, and switching to this moisturizer hasn't caused any difference in the frequency of breakouts in the last month I've been using it.

It works really well under any foundation. I apply it after I get out of the shower and have cleansed my face. I've used liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, and mineral foundation over it, and it hasn't created any sort of problems.

I haven't really noticed that it "brightens" my skin at all, or makes it any more "luminous," but despite those claims on the product information, it's still an excellent moisturizer.

The best part is, it's not very expensive! I would have thought an item like this would have been more in the $10+ range. It's currently listed at less than half that, which is a great bargain for a really effective moisturizer.
VINE VOICEon March 28, 2013
Age: 56
Skin type: tends to be sensitive

UPDATE - I gave it another star because I have noticed it "illuminates" my face somewhat - a kind of "glow" to it - so, since it has done what it advertised, and we really cannot expect miracles out of a product so reasonably priced, right?, I am giving it five stars. As well, after continued use, no breakouts, stinging, or greasy feeling! Good job, Ponds!
------------------------------------

I probably would have given it a five-star rating had it "illuminated" my skin, but, really, that wouldn't stop me from purchasing it. But, if a product says it will do something and it doesn't, I am a little disappointed - not much, just a little, since the positive aspects of the product outweighed that little bit.

The best things I found with this product are: it disappears into my skin quite quickly - no white residue, though you don't need much, for the first time I used it, I had to keep rubbing it it; I'd used way too much. It's not greasy at all, and this is important so make-up doesn't slide off, or I don't have that oily feeling to my skin all day. Finally, I don't have the stinging feeling some spf products give my face, since I have slightly sensitive skin.

I don't know how I could possibly apply it every two hours, not for "getting out of the little log house" days. Who can do that? Especially if you are wearing make-up? I work as an author at home, but even then I'd forget to apply every two hours if I were working outside. Not sure if all facial sunscreens have the same "apply every two hours" thing or not. I am assuming they mean at the beach or some other outdoor activities where you sweat or become wet and need to reapply.

The scent is pleasant - that iconic "Pond's Scent," but it does disappear quickly and that's good.

I sometimes use a light moisturizer under the sunscreen, just for a little extra moisturizing.

It comes in a flat tube and the cream itself is pretty thick - I've had sunscreen products that are runny and those can be messy. This product squeezes from the tube to where you can control the amount effectively.

All in all, a nice little sunscreen product.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not a super huge fan of the shinies, but that's my only real qualm with this moisturizer. It's light weight, smooth under makeup, and it has a very light fragrance that reminds me of rose petals. I have SLE with photo-toxicity, which means that sunscreen actually has to work, or I break out in a rash and get sick from being in sunlight or fluorescent light. This lasted long enough for me to do errands in bright daylight and lots of fluorescent store lighting. Which is good.

I just wish they'd gone a little less heavy handed on the luminous part.
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm pleased with this sun-blocking moisturizer. I have pretty dry skin, and I find the moisturizing adequate. It is also non-greasy and absorbs easily. And it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. I do wish someone would come up with a sun-blocking moisturizer that doesn't sting the eyes. Although I don't put it right around my eyes, even the tiniest amount that accidentally get nears my eyes burns and stings like crazy.
VINE VOICEon May 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There is irony in this review: I received my sample of this product to review while possessing four stitches on the side of my nose, courtesy of a procedure to remove a small basal cell carcinoma. I grew up in Southern California during the 60s and 70s, long before sunscreen and skin cancer hit the national conscience. In fact, my peers and I would slather cooking oil on our skins and lay out for hours in order to get a "better tan." Later on, of course, the damage to one's skin caused by the sun became well known, and I started wearing sun screen on a daily basis. The problem with dedicated sunscreens, however, is that they invariably feel too thick and greasy on your skin. They're fine for days out at the pool, or when you're going to be outside all day long. But for everyday use where I'm mostly inside, I much prefer a product like the Pond's lotion, which is a moisturizer combined with a SPF 15 sunscreen.

My 17 year old daughter and I both tried the Pond's lotion, and my daughter's assessment was much like my own: "Not greasy" and "has a pleasant smell." It functions well as a moisturizer, producing a smooth feel for your face and acting as a good base for makeup. But it's not overly heavy or greasy, and it has a very faint, but pleasant odor... nothing like the tell-tale strong odor of regular sunscreens.

I put on a moisturizer with sunscreen Every. Single. Day. And I tell my children to do the same. The more you can minimize your exposure to sun, the healthier your skin will be and look decades down the road. My kids will sometimes roll their eyes when I go off on one my sunscreen rants, but I like to think they're getting in the habit of daily use, and I hope they will thank me for it in the future.
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been on the lookout for a moisturizer that does not irritate my nose or skin. Unfortunately I still haven't found one.

This actually was okay on my skin except for a slight sticky feel on hot days. Although my skin is sensitive, I did not get an allergic reaction to this. So I'll give it a few stars for that. The smell is not unpleasant, it reminds me of a rose except for one thing: it irritated my sinuses just a little bit for 30 minutes or so after applying, making me wrinkle my nose every now and then, which is not attractive. Like several other reviewers I am sensitive to many perfumes and would prefer to avoid them altogether if it were possible.

I did not see any luminous effect but that could be a lighting thing. The sunscreen did seem to help me avoid sunburn on a day when I went on a tour and was in the sun quite a bit. I have fair skin and will probably seek out a higher SPF when I go to the beach.

Since I'm reviewing this as a Vine member, I feel some obligation to go into detail so I did some research. (Vine members get free products to review.) I looked at the ingredient list and selected some that sounded like chemicals and then checked the cosmetic database on the Environmental Working Group website. Most of the ingredients are safe but a few are questionable. Sunscreen chemicals are often problematic. Ensulizole is "known to produce free radicals when exposed to sunlight, leading to damage of DNA, this UVB protector may have the potential to cause cancer."

Preservatives are also problematic, although they are probably only used in tiny amounts in this product. One is Phenoxyethanol, which the FDA has warned is toxic to infants via ingestion and "can depress the central nervous system and may cause vomiting and diarrhea." Another is Methylisothiazolinone, sometimes associated with allergic reactions. "Lab studies on the brain cells of mammals also suggest that methylisothiazolinone may be neurotoxic." I see that Wikipedia has a page on this chemical which you may find alarming.

Because of these concerns, I would caution parents to keep this out of reach of small children and to wash it off your own skin before encouraging your baby to kiss you. Also, don't let a pet lick it. Whether you let your spouse kiss your face with this on it is up to you!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm probably the only guy reviewing this product, but here goes...

I never really noticed any summertime issues with my skin when I was younger; however, as I get older the summer heat seems to bake my face into an old leather shoe. About a year ago, I started sneaking dollops of my wife's moisturizers to help combat the desert heat and Ponds Luminous Moisture Day Lotion with SPF15 was one of my favorites to swipe. The things I liked most about it were that it didn't feel too oily on my skin and seemed to absorb into my skin rather than hanging around on top, like some do. I also liked that it didn't have a strong fragrance.

This product made my face feel a lot better and may have even made it look better. Some time ago, while I was using this Ponds moisturizer, I was carded at a local pub, which surprised me since I'm well over 40. When the waitress saw my age on my drivers license, she exclaimed, "Are you serious? Whatever you're doing, keep it up." The same thing happened about a week later when an older guy carded me and said, "Well, I've never made a mistake that big before." I don't know that it was this Ponds moisturizer that made these two people think I was so young, but it never happened when I wasn't using it.

I'm giving this product a five-star rating because I liked the way it made my face feel. I can't really speak to any Fountain of Youth qualities it may or may not have.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Pond's is not your mother's Pond's.

I was a bit leery to try it. The price was right (VERY right!), but I remember the greasy night cream my mother used to smear on her face. It was called cold cream. It came from a white glass bottle like a little tub. And it was gr-ee-ee-ee-sy!

Not that it wasn't always a trustworthy brand. I worked in the beauty department of Good Housekeeping magazine writing copy for their beauty articles. Each department tested products for the magazine's Seal of Approval. Pond's always got fine ratings.

This, however, is a new decade. A new millennium!

Pond's of 2013 is anything but greasy. It's light. It protects with spf 15 broad spectrum. It's smooth and easily applied. And, I have to tell you, my skin already has a kind of see-through irridescence about it and THIS Pond's improved on that!

Did I mention that it's very frugally priced?
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This lotion goes on well and wears well under makeup. As with all SPF products I can't be totally sure it's offering the sun protection it claims, but don't have a reason to doubt that it is. When I see the descriptors "luminous" and "illuminating minerals" I sometimes feel a bit like I'm wearing glitter, but in this case it's very subtle and I don't see any sparkle effect. I don't see a shine any sooner than I normally do on my combination skin.

When considering the price, do take note that this is a smaller tube than most lotions come in. This may be a downside if you don't want to reorder often, but could also be an upside if you want something that's easy to take with you.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Im always on the look out for a good facial moisturizer. Ponds came along and I thought why not.

I really like that it has spf 15 in it, even though Id like something a little higher. Its very important to protect your face from sun damage.

This moisturizer feels nice on my face, and is not at all greesy. The smell is also nice, but not to stong. The packaging is nice and slim, I think it's the perfect size for my purse. Im impressed with Ponds, it is definitely something I will tell others about.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations