5.0 out of 5 stars Brett, Brett, Brett
Brett, Brett, Brett, you are a handful to say the least. I am glad that I came across this author because I needed to laugh out loud and Brett was just the guy to make me do it. I will definitely be reading about more of his antics. I am certain that there will be no lack of adventure with this guy.

*I received a free copy for a fair and honest review*
Published 6 months ago by Suzanne Steele

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
While i'm not completely finished this book. I think that does have an interesting plot. Would like to see a bit more info regarding his background/career. Althought am interested to find out more in the next series to see what happens next. Well written book.
Published on April 16, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brett, Brett, Brett, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Poolside with Brett: Brett Cornell Mystery - #1 (Volume 1) (Paperback)

*I received a free copy for a fair and honest review*

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh-Out-Loud Book, November 26, 2013
Brett is a smart Private Investigator who just cannot help being unscrupulous. If you have such an amazing body, and that sexy moustache and have a sexual drive enough to drive every woman crazy, why wouldn’t you have fun?

The book starts off on an optimistic note. Brett is in a good mood. He’s been winning at Poker and has also been star cast in an “adult” movie based on his good looks and sexuality. His ego is at an all time high.

It doesn’t matter that he has a Missing Persons case. Brett can juggle the investigations and the shoots required for the films. But when the Missing Person turns up dead, Brett has a stinker in his hands. How can he sort this out, without appearing as the prime suspect?

The book explores Brett and his unscrupulous behaviour which stays with you for the rest of the series. Brett is debonair. He also doesn’t care. He thinks on his feet and even though he has a huge inflated ego, he also has the eye for detail. He can spot a thing or two even though you think you’ve slipped one on him.

What I liked about this book was the absolutely rib-tickling way in which this was written. The funny sarcastic dialogues, the witty remarks, the brazenness of Brett (= which mind you is really outrageous!!!!) It all makes really pleasant reading. Also the characters were bizzare and whacko, adding to the humour element.

I didn’t expect the ending to be what it was because I was so involved in thinking about the characters. That being said, this is a comedy. There is a fair share of mystery in it, but at no point does the humour go entirely out of it. I found this an enjoyable book and of course, now I want to read the second and other further books of the Brett Cornell series!!

I loved this book. Apart from the usual unscrupulous bastard that Brett is, this one had a proper mystery too.

Laugh all the way reading this TOTAL ENTERTAINER

Note: I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review

5.0 out of 5 stars Was there ever a character more outrageous than Brett Cornell?, April 17, 2012
Once I started reading this book, I found it very hard to put down. I'm not sure if this was because the plot was suspenseful (which it was), the book was well-written (which it was), or because the lead character was so completely over the top that I found myself wondering what he could possibly do or say next! The book was both suspenseful and hilarious, in a campy sort of way, and I can't wait to read more books in this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 16, 2012

Poolside with Brett: Brett Cornell Mystery - #1 (Volume 1)
Poolside with Brett: Brett Cornell Mystery - #1 (Volume 1) by David D'Aguanno (Paperback - February 8, 2012)
$9.95 $8.91