4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Classic Looking Pops from One Recipie
Published on September 3, 2011 by M. Mckibbon-Bell

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Useful ..
Published on March 23, 2011 by Baker107

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Useful .., March 23, 2011
This review is from: Pop Bakery: 25 Recipes for Delicious Little Cakes on Sticks (Hardcover)
I also pre-ordered this book because I have been making cake balls/pops for a while now and was looking for new ideas. However, when I received this book I was greatly disappointed .. it did not offer me anything I haven't already figured out on my own. I have since ordered two other books that have been extremely helpful. 1. Cake Pops by Bakerella and 2. pops! sweets on a stick! by Wilton. I found these two books to have fun and creative ideas for many occasions, also the skill level ranges from easy to quite challenging so there is something in them for everyone.

So basically, do not waste your money on this book. If you have no knowledge of cake balls/pops or just looking for new ideas I would suggest trying either of the two books I have mentioned above. I hope this was helpful!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, March 20, 2011
The cover of the book is beautiful. What I found on the inside of the book is another story. I expected the rest of the book would be filled with just as beautiful cakepops to create but it was not. Maybe I set my expectations too high after purchasing and reading Bakerella's cakepop book and Wilton's cakepop book. What I found were cakepops that looked like the ones I made the first time I attempted. For a book, to me this was not acceptable and not worth the price. If I could return the book, I would.

3.0 out of 5 stars it doesn't take much to impress me..., March 17, 2011
i pre-ordered this book because i LOVE creating cake pops, so i figured this might inspire some new designs. truth be told, the cover is GORGEOUS and that caught my eye first, then i thought, i wanna make mine look like that. well i can, its just fancy pressed sugars, duh. the ONE and only recipe given is good, i would have loved if there were more ideas for flavors: red velvet makes an amazing cake pop, as do pink champagne and plenty of others. overall, i didn't learn any new techniques or even feel inspired to make some.

the author has a shop, i am not sure if all they make and sell is cake pops, but it seems they have an idea for coming up with clever ways to shape cake and dip it in candy coating and embellish. i didn't realize there was truly a market for that, i suppose in london there is...enough notice to get someone a book deal.

my mama told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all", i do not intend to sound snarky, but i simply was not in the slightest. its cute. its simple. its going to be donated in a gift basket for a bake sale, perhaps a novice would be more interested in the simplicity of this, but for this seasoned at home baker, i wish i would have passed.

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!, March 18, 2011
I have to agree with the first review posted. To add, it's dull! I was truly expecting something MORE than Bakerella or the Wilton cake pop book but really only the cover does it justice.
Sarah, like you I LOVE making cake pops. I do it as a side business...any chance you want to share your pink champagne recipe? Sounds delish!

1.0 out of 5 stars Should've waited to read reviews, March 25, 2011
I preordered this book and what a waste. I have been making cakeballs/pops for a few years and always looking for new ideas/ ways of doing them. Only 25 ideas that were all pretty similar and no good technique tips. The bakerella book is much more useful...even her website is better than this book!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing book and misleading title, April 14, 2011
I am new to making cake pops and was excited that this book promised 25 "recipes" for making cake pops. What I found when I received the book was not at all what I expected... there was ONE recipe to make the actual cake pops, and then 25 different ways to shape and decorate the pops. I can be creative and figure out the ways to dip the cake pops and add sprinkles, etc. What I expected based on the description was a variety of different cake recipes with fun ways to decorate... only half of my expectation was fulfilled. Do not waste your money on this book...

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Classic Looking Pops from One Recipie, September 3, 2011
M. Mckibbon-Bell "M.Bell" (Vancouver, British Columbia) - See all my reviews
I feel compelled to write this after finally seeing the whole book. I had been excited about the book until I read the harsh reviews posted here about the novice ideas and the great disappointment felt by other purchasers.I took them seriously and never ordered the book, but today I saw the book - opened it and bought it because .... well, I 100% disagree with the 2 star ratings. I own Bakerellas book and it's really enjoyable and cute, but this book to me makes great sense as the sidekick. The beautiful russian doll pops, the super cute owls and penguins all involve real decorating and not just more candy dips. I think the pictures are beautiful and the cake pop ideas are more adult and beautiful than the Bakerella ideas which I find to be super CUTE and cartoon-like. I think cake poppers will enjoy flipping through and being inspired. The book is really 25 ways to take the basic cake pop and make it pop!

1.0 out of 5 stars zero stars, May 2, 2011
Wendy Duggan (Turlock, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is a great example of false advertising. It says there are "25 recipes" for cake pops. There is ONE recipe. One only. The rest is "decorating". I'm returning it today.....

WD

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 4, 2011
I, too, pre-ordered this book as it looked promising. It was a HUGE disappointment. It lacked inspiration or unique twists. It was simplistic at best. If you are looking for a more instructional or inspiring resource, try Bakerella's or Wilton. Dont waste your money on this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!, March 25, 2011
This book doesn't provide any new or exciting ideas. The best looking pops are on the cover. This purchase was a disappointment!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pop Bakery: 25 Recipes for Delicious Little Cakes on Sticks
Pop Bakery: 25 Recipes for Delicious Little Cakes on Sticks by Clare O'Connell (Hardcover - March 31, 2011)
$15.95 $5.14