Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
• Offers essential cultural information for the traveler as well as the scholar
• Examines many aspects of German culture commonly ignored by media commentators, including travel habits, food and fashion, and club culture
• Packed with firsthand accounts, personal anecdotes, and interviews to give a truly authentic account of popular culture in modern Germany
• Illustrated with photographs and reprints of iconic German advertisements, magazine covers, and official forms and documents
• A–Z glossaries at the end of each chapter list key words and summarize the most important topics
"Pop Culture Germany! Media, Arts, and Lifestyle covers the social, cultural and artistic history of contemporary German culture and is a pick for any college-level collection covering European modern culture."-
Midwest Book Review
From the worldwide success of the controversial rock band Rammstein to the meteoric career of international supermodel Claudia Schiffer, Germany has a popular culture that is as exciting as it is diverse. Covering everything from cultural facts and information for travelers to historical and societal material for research purposes, this book provides a fascinating guide to the vibrant popular culture of the world's third largest economy.