5.0 out of 5 stars Every song a gem, October 14, 2009
This review is from: Pop! The First 20 Hits (MP3 Music)
OK, I'll admit it, being a fan of Erasure doesn't sound 'cool', but for those of us who listen to their music, we understand... Yes, it's 80s, and if you ever saw the video to "A Little Respect", the spandex is a bit much. But, if you close your eyes and listen, they are all gems. Every song is catchy, rhythmically balanced, with excellent vocals.

These are songs you can sing along with. I knew at least a dozen of the songs on this compilation before I bought it. After listening to the entire album a few times, I find myself singing along with each and every song. If you're new to Erasure, this is a great place to pick up their best. You'll want to add later to your collection, "Always" and perhaps their best song "Stay With Me", which I believe was recorded after this album was released.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some memories stand the test of time, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Pop! The First 20 Hits (MP3 Music)
An oldie (for Gen X) but greatie with many songs I had just about forgotten, but was happy to be reacquainted with. Unlike some songs, these didn't fade with time and still sound great.

5.0 out of 5 stars POP! - A good name for this album!, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Pop! The First 20 Hits (MP3 Music)
This is 100%, rot your teeth pop. Catchy songs with fun, electronic production. Most of these you'll have heard before, especially if you were at clubs back in the 1990s. Really big hits that are still being played today.

If you are a casual Erasure fan, the song you probably want is on this CD.

This is one of the few CDs I have had for years that still gets regular rotation. In fact, I know I've purchased it at least twice. It's very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Pop Pleasure, May 26, 2011
This review is from: Pop! The First 20 Hits (MP3 Music)
Oh Andy Bell, his voice is so enticing. The melodies, hooks and pop idiosyncrasies are all there... This collection is the best of their best recordings at the time. Fun to drive to, work out to, or just rock the bootie to. If you like pure 80's synth pop, brit pop, a little wave... here it is in a great compilation. Post-Depeche Mode brilliance for Vince Clark.