5.0 out of 5 stars A Two-sided Pop-up Tour of London
Published on July 16, 2012 by MacBeth

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!
I'm not sure why I'm the only reviewer who is not at all impressed by this pop-up book. The pop-ups are average at best, very simple and unimaginative. When I think of what some pop-up artists could have done with the treasure that London is, it is even more disappointing. The book is informative, but better pop-ups would have brought info that can be found in book after...
Published 14 months ago by Ms. Anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars A Two-sided Pop-up Tour of London, July 16, 2012
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
The reader is floating down the Thames through five fact-filled spreads featuring many of the most well known sites in London. Each spread has a theme, like Power, Pigeons and Premiers which showcases the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Leicester Square, 10 Downing Street, The British Museum, Nelson's Column and Big Ben. The final spread is a wonderful recreation of Tower Bridge that actually lifts to allow a ship through and a tribute to the London 2012 Olympic Games. Not only do you see the splendid architecture of these iconic buildings from one angle, but just turn the book around to read dozens of facts about these glorious churches, museums, towers, columns, theaters, stores, homes and bridges. Each spread also includes mini-bios of famous Londoners: kings and queens, authors, composers, architects and artists. The author included a "can you find this game" and lots of fun facts about London - who knew there is a pair of Queen Victoria's underpants on display at the Victoria and Albert Museum? A definite must-see. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 30, 2012
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
This book is amazing! I love everything London related and pop up books are my favorite type of book! This book is a combination of two of my favorite things and is absolutely amazing. The pictures are fabulous, there are so many interesting facts and the book is just great! I strongly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually, intellectually stunning, July 9, 2013
H2Steacher (South Gate, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
While browsing through a bookstore (some still do exist), I ran across this wonderful book. When I teach "Romeo and Juliet", I bring in DK travel guides and other visually rich books to give my students a sense of the time and place when Shakespeare wrote. I saw "Pop-Up London" as a great resource for kids to get more interested in conveying this background information. Upon receiving "Pop-Up London" the other day, I was even more surprised at how well done this book actually is, not only on an artistic level (the pop-ups are visually stunning), but on an intellectual level as well. If one looks on the back of the pop-ups, there are inside views, descriptions of the buildings, interesting factoids. Other trivia and flaps also abound among the pages, so the Reader does feel like a tourist exploring, roaming, discovering this great city. Can't wait to share this book with my class! I know it will be a hit, and generate further inquiry for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
I gave this five stars because it is so imaginative, well-made, engaging and educational. It's so much fun to look around at all of the details and bits of information found on each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gorgeous, July 20, 2012
C. Henderson "carlyh7" (St. Cloud, Mn United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
Bought this for my Grandson to go with the Cars London set. He's only 6 but wanted to know more about London. We have fun reading about the various sites and customs. The pop ups are beautiful and the comments are very educational. Wonderful book!Disney / Pixar CARS 2 Movie Exclusive Die Cast 5Pack London Calling Set Exclusive Cars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well done, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
I purchased this book for my 5-year-old grandson as a companion to the Big Ben nanoblock set also from Amazon. The book is well made, with great pop-ups that are double-sided. The information is interesting. My only objection is that not all information is factual. The book illustrates and describes several legends of ghosts, including one in which the beheaded victim carries around the missing head. Gruesome! It was difficult to persuade my grandson that the ghost stories weren't true since all other information was obviously based on facts, which is why I chose 4 stars instead of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and informative, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
It was a good way to introduce one of the world's great cities to my five year old grandson. Very worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars London pop up, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
This book has so much information under the flaps. I saw this in London but did not have room to bring home. I ordered three of them. Good service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
I'd gladly recommend this book, not only to travelers to London, but all folks - big & small. It was wonderful!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Well made and enjoyable., January 10, 2013
N. Hembree (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pop-Up London (Hardcover)
First grade class loves this! It also seems to be will built although all pop up books are prone to damage if not careful. It is quite accurate in my evaluation as we lived in London for some time and just moved back. After reading this and another children's book in my wife's first grade class the students checked out every England themed book at the school library.

Pop-Up London
Pop-Up London by Jennie Maizels (Hardcover - April 10, 2012)
$19.99 $17.99
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies