Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Flavor: Parmesan Garlic|Size: 3-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)|Change
Price:$22.25 - $93.59

VINE VOICEon February 10, 2010
One of my biggest frustrations with doing Weight Watchers was always the problem of finding good chips. I will eat the baked ones, but they are undeniably very different from regular fried chips. In addition to this, I've never been able to find a baked chip that came in salt and vinegar flavor, which is my favorite type of chip. This meant that, whenever I had the craving for this particular flavor, I'd have to eat the regular fried kind.

I picked up an oversize bag of the barbecue flavor Pop Chips on a whim at Costco. I'd heard about them and was curious about what they're like, but I'd never before been able to find them in the area. Much to my surprise, my very thin husband who is totally addicted to barbecue chips loved them and pretty much ate the whole bag before I'd had any. I had tasted a couple of them and thought the barbecue flavor was good, so I decided to go ahead and order the individual bags from Amazon in barbecue for him and sea salt and vinegar for me.

They are definitely worth the money. I want to emphasize, however, that you will not be fooled into believing these are the regular old fried chips. The taste and texture is something like a cross between rice cakes and chips. I say rice cakes because they have something of that puffed look that rice cakes do. Still, they are very good and the salt and vinegar is nice and strong, which is just the way I like them.

As for the portion size, it's pretty generous. For my fellow Weight Watchers, they are 2 points per bag, and they definitely make for a satisfying, filling snack or a side for your sandwich.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone who is sick of the limited flavors of baked chips and would like something that comes in a wider variety of more exotic flavors. I'm planning on trying the parmesan and garlic next.
55 comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2008
I want to start out by saying that i thought at first that a bag with only 120 calories and 4 grams of fat (no saturated or trans) for every 20 chips was going to taste like crap. I must say that not only was i wrong, that this is my favorite BBQ chip on the market today. They are light and you cannot taste any fat or grease after eating them. That's because they aren't baked or fried, just popped as their name suggests. These chips are very easy to dip as well. FANTASTIC PRODUCT!
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2009
These potato chips taste much better than the baked chips and they're only 2 points if you're on Weight Watchers. They're a good snack for the afternoon.
44 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2012
I tried the .8 ounce 24 pack. These chips are good and healthy, but expensive. I paid $20.50 for the .8 ounce 24 pack. I looked at this 6.25 ounce 6 pack for $21.42 and did the math. It's a way better deal to buy these bigger bags. the .8 ounce 24 pack is a total of 19.2 ounces of chips, while the 6.25 ounce 6 pack is a total of 37.5 ounces of chips for only a dollar more. They also have the 3 ounce 12 pack for $25.50 for a total of 36 ounces of chips, which is still better than the .8 ounce 24 pack but not as good as this 6.25 ounce 6 pack.
on January 26, 2011
We are chip fanatics in our house and we decided to try these because of their claim of being a "healthier" alternative to regular chips. I will admit that they have a great crunch - something between a ricecake and a kettle chip. The texture is also very nice, again - similar to a ricecake, but with a great potato flavor. The big issue with these is the sodium level. After about four or five chips they're almost unbearable because of the salt and you really stop tasting anything but the salt. A review of the nutritional facts showed that the sodium per serving was almost double that of a standard potato chip serving and that was for their "original" flavor...I can't imagine what the "Salt & Pepper" style must be like.

I would buy these regularly if they cut the salt by about 75%. Because of the salt factor, I don't think you can call these a "healthy" alternative to chips.
2323 comments| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2012
As a kid, I scarfed bags of the Calbee Sweet Potato chips that my mom would pick up at the local Asian market. As my tastes refined in adulthood, I was less inclined to buy bags of those chips that resembled styrofoam even if I still craved their sugary sweet and salty flavor.

These Popchips Sweet Potato chips are the adult version of the snack I grew up with. There's a delicious sweet and salty mix in every bite. The chip is light and airy, without resembling a foamy rice cake and the deep orange hue is the color of a perfectly roasted sweet potato.

I've purchased a number of sweet potato chips from Amazon in the past (Both the "Terra" & "Food Should Taste Good" chips) which have all been good, but they didn't play up the sweet and salty combo quite as much as I'd like. The Terra chips are more like simple sliced sweet potatoes, oven dried and turned into chips; the Food Should Taste Good chips are like yummy, sweet potato flavored, salty tortilla chips; and these Pop Chips sweet potato chips are, well... sweet potato pop chips. If you've never had a pop chip before, the weight of an individual chip probably most resembles Baked Lays - but with a puckered, air-puffed texture.

There are 100 calories per bag. 24 bags come nicely packed in a box that you can tear open for a neat display in your pantry. I've purchased bagged chips online a number of times and have received packages where the chips were thrown into a box which was thrown into an Amazon box for shipping so by the time they got to me, all the chips were broken. Not so with this packaging, they're tightly packed so the the bags don't shift around much in shipping and the few bags we've already eaten have had no more broken chips than what we'd get from picking up a bag in the store.

Happy snacking!
on December 16, 2008
I love these Barbecue flavored Pop Chips. They're crunchy, loaded with spicy Barbecue flavor, and highly addicting. Beware... you're going to want more! After trying these you'll find it hard to believe they're pretty healthy. Go to their website and see for yourself (not every product page lists ingredients, it's worth checking it out). I'll definitely be buying more of these.

4 stars instead of 5 because although they're absolutely delicious, they're also inconsistent. One bag has different textured chips (and coating variances, mainly color difference) from another. That's fine with me but it's just a a little off putting.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon January 27, 2012
These are definitely a healthier alternative than your standard potato chip - each bag (roughly 20 silver dollar-sized chips) has only three grams of fat and 100 calories. They are also kosher, gluten-free and vegan.

Instead of baking the flavor into the chip, Popchips add seasoning once the chips are "popped" (as opposed to fried or baked). This, however, is also the cause of my problem with the chips. I found the flavor to be wildly inconsisent from bag to bag, and sometimes from chip to chip within the same bag. One bag's lime flavor was so overpowering I almost gagged, while the next was a nice, uneventful snack. The lime flavor is also much, much more noticeable than the chili flavor.

As a healthy alternative to potato chips, these are a viable option, but keep a glass of water handy - with the almost-randomized flavor intensity, you're not going to know how intense the lime flavor is going to be until you open the bag.
VINE VOICEon February 12, 2012
SWEET POTATO
Pros:
- Amazing Taste
- Good packaging, almost no chips ever broken, all full shape.
- Great nutrition for such a tasty chip (hardly any salt)
- Perfect serving in the bag

Cons:
- Hard to open the bag

These chips are now my favorite brand, especially these sweet potato ones. Since the order comes in a big "retail box" that comes with a count of 24, i gave them to out to friends and coworkers. EVERY SINGLE PERSON was blown away by the taste. Ironically, every person also commented on how hard it was to open the actual package. :) Now the next dilemma is trying to decide... should i buy the sweet potato ones since they were so good, or try another flavor.

For the current asking price, it is actually cheaper than buying other branded chips at the store. Once again, these things blew my mind in that chips could be so good.
review image review image
on July 12, 2015
A poor lot. This batch is way over cooked. I took three Picts. I bought a case--opened the second bag and it is as overdone as the first one. Tastes like burned potato chips. This normally is my fave snack chip. A big disappointment! I would like a replacement.