5.0 out of 5 stars YES! Popchips Nacho Cheese Tortilla!
Published on August 18, 2012 by R Shackleford

The Housemate has been telling me that Popchips are not bad substitutes for the stuff that's really, really bad for you, so when I had the chance to try some, I took it. Alas, I could only choose from three flavors (I don't really like flavored snack chips) so I took the least repellent one, Chili-lime (limon). I wish the originals had been available.

In any...
Published 20 months ago by Tracy Rowan

5.0 out of 5 stars YES! Popchips Nacho Cheese Tortilla!, August 18, 2012
In the pre-Popchips days Doritos were one of my favorite chips... I eat chips every day with lunch, now I only eat Popchips. I love the taste and the fact they're much lower in fat than "regular" chips. I eat the 3 ounce potato Popchips bags and now the 3.5 ounce Tortilla bags. These 3.5 oz bags seem to be just slightly less volume than the 3 oz potato bags but both are a satisfying amount. The nutritional values for the Tortilla bags are pretty much the same as the potato (not exact but close). So that said when I saw these brand new tortilla Popchips on Amazon I got excited! Excited over chips? Yes. I immediately ordered a box of the Nacho Cheese with subscription. Today they finally arrived and just in time for lunch. They nailed it! They look like any tortilla chip but a bit more puffy. They are crunchy but slightly more "fluffy" I guess you could say than a regular tortilla chip. The corn tortilla flavor is strong (tastes good) and the nacho cheese flavor tastes pretty much like you'd expect, very similar to nacho cheese Doritos (good!). Basically these taste like a very good tortilla chip or nacho cheese Dorito but without any greasy feeling or taste. I LOVE these, now I just need to try the other flavors!

Side note... Boo Amazon dropping subscribe and save discount on Popchips to 5%...

3.0 out of 5 stars If you're jonesing for a snack, but have sworn off the fried ones..., January 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

In any event I ate a small bag of them and I have to agree with The Housemate: They're not bad. They're not great either but I've had a lot worse. The flavor is more chili than lime, and as such they have a nice little bite to them. They're puffy, as I expected, and as such are fairly filling when you have something to drink with them. They're also a little dry so you really will need a beverage. Not particularly salty, so your craving for saltycrunchy things might not be answered with these puppies.

What is good, even great about them is that a one ounce bag seems to satisfy the itch I have for crunchy snacks. Or maybe it's just that one ounce of Popchips is really just enough Popchips for any given moment. All I know is that I'm not thinking longingly of kettle cooked potato chips now, and that's a good thing. And I'm relatively full.

So there it is: Not bad flavor and texture. Could be saltier. Filling. Spicy. Relatively low in calories. And might just satisfy your cravings. No guarantees on that, though, but then even eating an ounce of potato chips might not do that. So I would add: Not addictive. At least not for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a low calorie snack, December 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These 120 calorie bags seem to contain about twice as many chips as the small bags of fried chips. Taste is a little flat compare to fried chips, but not bad. These do not nave a chemical after taste like many diet snacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars impressive!, November 9, 2012
Wow. These are REALLY good. For a while we jumped off the PopChips bandwagon and onto the PopCorners, but after tasting this new flavor, we're all a bit obsessed. If you like Doritos, but want a healthier and much less greasy option, these chips are for you. They are crispy and light but loaded with flavor.

They are a tiny bit spicier than Doritos, but I can't stand spicy foods, and while I can pick up the "kick" in the Popchips it's not enough to deter me from eating them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying, January 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These chips are definitely a little different from regular chips. First, they are popped (heated under pressure), rather than fried or baked. Another feature, though not unique, that they claim to be made from all natural ingredients, so seems worthwhile, there. At 120 calories per 1 oz. bag, I don't find that beneficial, just typical of a treat, snack or accompaniment with a sandwich, hamburger, hotdog, etc. As for the flavor (salsa), I find it pleasant, but not so delicious, I find I must make them a regular buying choice. But, Pop Chips do come in other flavors, like nacho cheese, and I must admit Doritos, nacho cheese, are my favorite tortilla chips, so for a better comparison, nacho cheese Pop Chips would be a better choice. But, I do want some variety in such a product and these do provide that, as I say, in a pleasant way. So, worth trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delicious..., June 15, 2013
Aja (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
Potato Chips, The Next Generation!

At least, that's what I call them. These are wonderful chips, with a great taste and a satisfying crunch. Considering the issues with common snack foods, these are a perfect alternative. Low in calories and fat, zero trans-fat, and even lower carbs then regular chips.

As far as I can tell the only way to improve them is to lower the salt content a bit.

My personal favorites are the Regular and BBQ flavor. And odd as it may sound, I love to dip the BBQ chips in some honey mustard. :)

An important thing to note is that ordering them in bulk here on Amazon is cheaper then getting them at the grocery store. Even with shipping!

For your trivia enthusiasts: some of the investors in Popchips are Ashton Kutcher, Kate Perry and Sean Combs (P. Diddy).

Recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the 10 calories you save, July 30, 2014
While these may have half the fat of Doritos, they only have 10 fewer calories per serving, certainly not enough to make up for the loss of flavor, texture and crunch.

(Oddly, while these have even way more orange powder than Doritos, the flavor is rather flat.)

I like other Pop Chips (the veggie chips are pretty good, and the Ranch tortilla chips are better than these--but again, not as good as Doritos for that paltry 10 calories).

And as with all popped chips--be they Pop Chips potato chips, Pop Chips tortilla chips, Popped Wheat Thins, or what-have-you, under the seasoning, they all kind of taste the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-GMO?, July 16, 2013
The seasoning is only slightly more mild than Doritos. The texture is entirely different, but it isn't unpleasant. I would describe the actual feel of the chip as being somewhat similar to the Special K chips. The real reason I bought these is because I hoped that they were non-GMO. They apparently haven't been non-GMO verified yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, June 28, 2014
These are by far my favorite chips and "healthy" too (as healthy as chips can be) all ingredients are understandable / low cal / low fat. Mmm good stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spicy!, June 9, 2014
My hubby and son loved these but as for me they are a bit too spicy. They thought these are the best flavor they have tasted in Pop chips so I will probably buy again if available in warehouse deals.

Popchips Tortilla Chips, Chili Limon, 3.5-Ounce (Pack of 12)
$42.11 $31.70
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies