Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Popcorn & Nut Salt - 24 oz
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 4, 2007
I've been trying to buy this off the shelf and just could not find it (for, like, 2 years). I mainly wanted it for texture -- table salt is not fine enough. This stuff is so fine it completely changes the flavors. I wouldn't have believed it myself.
on January 11, 2007
This is a great product. It's texture makes it perfect for other things besides popcorn. With salt in so many products, I don't worry about the lack of iodine in this salt. After all, it's not like you eat it everyday. In fact, it sticks so well you can actually use less. Good product.
on July 10, 2011
We have some food sensitivities in our household, so we cannot use flavorcol due to the Yellow 5 (Tartrazine, a known migraine trigger). Although it's not as good as flavorcol for popcorn, it is as close as we can get in our house.
on October 14, 2009
Who knew about so many choices of salt? Great to have the salt actually cling to the popcorn instead of sticking to the bottom of the bowel. I used way too much regular salt, couldn't seem to get enough. Then find it all on the bottom! Will always use this product from now on...
on April 14, 2009
This popcorn salt is superior to table salt because I found myself using less. The container is big - very big - so its an excellent value since its going to last a really long time. I recommend for all popcorn lovers.
on June 11, 2014
The fine powder like salt sticks to our kettle corn. Unlike those who use morton salt this product is much better.
I will be ordering more soon. As a matter of fact I need to order a dozen more now.
on March 2, 2015
PERFECT consistency for putting onto popcorn!! Good sized holes so when you go to pour the salt, it doesn't dump a ton on. I think I use FAR less salt because it actually dissolves immediately in my mouth versus after it's already headed into my stomach as is the case with sea salt or regular. I make popcorn about once a week and went through a one pound container of regular salt fairly fast. I think this is going to last me a year or so!

Not sure what the additional ingredient is though, which I'm going to look into, but for now, it made made my popcorn SO much better and I"m very happy with it, and of course, SUPER fast shipping.
on February 18, 2008
This is really greate flake salt, just like you get in the theater shakers! Get rid of your old salt shaker and pick up a few of these - you won't regret it! Tired of salt not sticking to your popcorn? This is the solution! How could such a simple item have evaded my pantry for so long. I'm glad I found it!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 29, 2006
I love this salt and use it on my french fries as well as on popcorn. It is not as good as fleur de sel or some of the other "gourmet" salts, but it is only 15 cents per ounce, not 15 dollars. Note that this salt is flaked, unlike the normal crystals for which Diamond Salt is known. It absolutely CLINGS to the surface of the popcorn, fries, and other similarly-textured foods MUCH better. It has a cleaner taste than some of the brown or grey sea salts and CLEAN is always good in my book.

As a treat, I sometimes Iick the tip of my index finger, sprinkle a little of this on it, and then pretend like I'm getting ready to do a mini tequilla shooter, but without the lime. Almost like a couple of hours on the beach.

I can only give it four stars instead of five because it is NOT IODIZED and you could end up looking just like a frog with big goiter things on your neck if you don't get enough iodine. This is not a problem for people who eat a lot of seafood, but if you live in the Midwest far from the ocean it could cause some difficulties.
44 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2008
This stuff is great. Since it is a fine powder, it covers very uniformly and sticks a little better. I am confident that I use less salt since I don't have as many large "rock salt" chunks, so I use it on everything.

Yes, it isn't iodized, but I don't count on salt for my iodine anyway. I seem to have avoided goiters since iodine it is included in multivitamins and many fortified foods like cereal.

Keep your chunky sea-salt, it is a gimmick and tests show no one can tell the difference between sea-salt and regular. The same goes for gimmicky brown "unrefined" sugar. Which reminds me - I use less sugar when I sprinkle cereal, etc, with powdered sugar.