Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on February 4, 2007
I've been trying to buy this off the shelf and just could not find it (for, like, 2 years). I mainly wanted it for texture -- table salt is not fine enough. This stuff is so fine it completely changes the flavors. I wouldn't have believed it myself.
on January 11, 2007
This is a great product. It's texture makes it perfect for other things besides popcorn. With salt in so many products, I don't worry about the lack of iodine in this salt. After all, it's not like you eat it everyday. In fact, it sticks so well you can actually use less. Good product.
on July 10, 2011
We have some food sensitivities in our household, so we cannot use flavorcol due to the Yellow 5 (Tartrazine, a known migraine trigger). Although it's not as good as flavorcol for popcorn, it is as close as we can get in our house.
on October 14, 2009
Who knew about so many choices of salt? Great to have the salt actually cling to the popcorn instead of sticking to the bottom of the bowel. I used way too much regular salt, couldn't seem to get enough. Then find it all on the bottom! Will always use this product from now on...
on December 3, 2011
The product wasn't what I had expected. The granule size is consistent for salted nuts. However, it is courser grain than I am accustom to for popcorn. I wouldn't call this popcorn salt. I prefer Morton popcorn salt.
on June 11, 2014
The fine powder like salt sticks to our kettle corn. Unlike those who use morton salt this product is much better.
I will be ordering more soon. As a matter of fact I need to order a dozen more now.
on April 14, 2009
This popcorn salt is superior to table salt because I found myself using less. The container is big - very big - so its an excellent value since its going to last a really long time. I recommend for all popcorn lovers.
on March 2, 2015
PERFECT consistency for putting onto popcorn!! Good sized holes so when you go to pour the salt, it doesn't dump a ton on. I think I use FAR less salt because it actually dissolves immediately in my mouth versus after it's already headed into my stomach as is the case with sea salt or regular. I make popcorn about once a week and went through a one pound container of regular salt fairly fast. I think this is going to last me a year or so!

Not sure what the additional ingredient is though, which I'm going to look into, but for now, it made made my popcorn SO much better and I"m very happy with it, and of course, SUPER fast shipping.
on December 20, 2013
Finely ground salt is good for popcorn and nuts. It sticks.

But think about all the salt that bounces off your french fries. This stuff will not bounce. In fact, you may use it more on french fries than on popcorn or nuts.

How about onion rings or chicken fingers? Sticks better on your hand for tequila shots.

You have to pay more for finely ground salt, which does not seem right. It is still just sodium chloride. Must be a supply/demand thing.

And you have to be a little goofy to pay so much attention to your salt.

But, what the hell. Viva goofy.
on January 9, 2008
This stuff is great. Since it is a fine powder, it covers very uniformly and sticks a little better. I am confident that I use less salt since I don't have as many large "rock salt" chunks, so I use it on everything.

Yes, it isn't iodized, but I don't count on salt for my iodine anyway. I seem to have avoided goiters since iodine it is included in multivitamins and many fortified foods like cereal.

Keep your chunky sea-salt, it is a gimmick and tests show no one can tell the difference between sea-salt and regular. The same goes for gimmicky brown "unrefined" sugar. Which reminds me - I use less sugar when I sprinkle cereal, etc, with powdered sugar.