Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 10, 2009 3:39:00 PM PDT
Pope Joan, The Dark Ages - especially for women. Has anybody read this book. Does anybody know anything about Pope Joan?

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 8:55:25 PM PDT
I thought reading about Pope Joan meant reading about Joan D'Arc, who was also masculine. I never heard of Pope Joan. I had 17 years of Catholic schooling. I never heard of this saint or woman. Maybe they really want to keep her in the closet.

Kathleen Collins

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2016 2:16:16 PM PDT
I'd never heard of Pope Joan before I read the book - excellent book. They changed her name to Pope John in the end for history sake. I found her story fascinating for that day and age, the struggles she had to overcome. What strength and vision.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pope Joan: A Novel forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 10, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 21, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pope Joan: A Novel
Pope Joan: A Novel by Donna Woolfolk Cross (Paperback - June 9, 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (1,096)