Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2009 8:08:02 PM PDT
C. Galloup says:
Ok, is anyone else surprised that Poppy's book is up next and not the brother's relationship with the teacher? Dont get me wrong this book sounds good and I'm going to race to the store to get it, but I'm a little surprised in the order this series is coming out.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2009 12:47:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2009 12:48:21 PM PDT
pen pen says:
Yeah... I really expected and was looking forward to the brother's story next. But that is quite alright because I love the Hathaways....So it doesn't matter who is up next. But I'm sure LK will get around to his story as well.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2009 11:36:05 AM PDT
Katie Babs says:
Lisa said it may take her some time to write the brother's story since he is still trying to get over his fiance's death. Perhaps in 2 years?

Posted on May 29, 2009 6:29:17 AM PDT
I think Leo still has some maturing to do. He is just now starting to get back to himself. He started to change when he came back from France with Winnie. He's not quite there yet as a hero. That's why I think LK went with Poppy first. I'm glad she tied the hotel into the Hathaway family. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Posted on Jun 1, 2009 9:49:47 AM PDT
Ashlee says:
Am I the only one who gets irritated when authors say this? I love LK and nearly all of her books, but she's the author: she's fully capable of setting the book two years later and showing how Leo has changed for the better, it doesn't have to be two publishing years later. Authors are doing that more and more now and it's getting frustrating.

That being said, I am looking forward to Poppy's book - I just wish it had been set up in the last one instead of Leo's because I'm really looking forward to Leo and the governess.

Posted on Jun 1, 2009 10:52:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2009 4:29:09 PM PDT
MarC says:
I was suprised as well. I think maybe she did it because there are a few major relationship points to be hammered out between Leo and Marks in Poppy's book before they can get their own book.

Am I the only one who thinks Poppy's book sounds a bit...silly? She's married to the villian? Her hero can't give her his love even though he pursues her? I'll still read it, of course, but I'm not as excited as I could be.

Posted on Jun 13, 2009 3:28:19 AM PDT
Brandy Allen says:
I was a little sad that i won't be hearing about Leo's story just yet, but he is still trying to get over the death of his love, so sometimes it can take awhile to find love again. I am very curious if LK does do a romance with Leo and the governess because there is definitely something she is hiding and i'm sure Leo is the one that's going to find out what it is. I will wait patiently for Leo's story to come out in the near future and i am waiting patiently for Tempt me at Twilight to come out, so lets hope the fourth Hathaway book is Leo's story.

Posted on Jun 14, 2009 12:12:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2009 12:14:05 AM PDT
J. P. says:
ME TOO!! I have so been looking forward to reading Leo's book - the scenes between him and the governess, Miss Marks, in SEDUCE ME AT SUNRISE had me laughing out loud and just antsy to read their story ... I'm only hoping that she ends up being the heroine, because Kleypas has done a switch before: when Daisy has a kissing encounter with Cam in DEVIL IN WINTER, but then they end up each getting their own books with other H/H. Would Miss Marks still be working for the family so many years later without anything happening between them? (Especially since there was definitely sexual tension already with SEDUCE ME AT SUNRISE) ... I really hope it's her, so maybe it's like a run-in again years later or something of that sort.

Anyway, regarding Poppy's story - I read the preview excerpt on Kleypas' website a few months ago and was not too inspired and the summary here is not very compelling. However, I'm still holding out hope, since: there is not really any Kleypas book that I don't like, let alone love^infinity; excerpts are out of context; and it's never the author who writes the summary so sometimes they're inaccurate or the book ends up being much better than the summary makes you predict.

So that's my two cents! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 6:55:25 AM PDT
Amy Ferguson says:
Keep an open mind......remember Evie married the "vilian", Sebastian St. Vincent from "It Happened One Autumn" in "Devil In Winter", look how great that turned out. I think IMHO, that was the best out of the entire "Wallflower" series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2009 8:13:46 AM PDT
I read an interview with LK where she said that Leo's and Miss Marks's book would definitely come after Poppy's. That way, Marks will still be needed as a governess for Beatrix even after Poppy gets married, and Beatrix will have some time to mature. I love Beatrix, but honestly, the thought of her as a heroine kind of squicks me out as of right now. LK's a fabulous writer, though, so I trust that she'll show her growing and maturing in Poppy's book and not make her too much like Daisy from "Scandal in Spring"...all that innocence and light can get tiring after awhile :)

Posted on Aug 6, 2009 7:58:08 PM PDT
I don't usually pay full price for my books but for LK I make the exception. I LOVED Mine Until Midnight. Cam and Amelia remain my favorite characters even in the second book. I like that LK can develop so many characters without losing the main story line. She also has a way with dialog that keeps her books and Krentz's book at the top of my reading list. I still laugh at Cam's comments to Amelia about being ruined and cheap even now. I think Poppy is enough her own character, dedicated to her family but wanting something quiet in life, can only lead to a great and hopefully funny story.

Posted on Aug 15, 2009 2:01:30 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Yes, I was surprised too, as there was so much detail about Miss Marks and her supposed past in Seduce Me at Sunrise. I don't really feel like I know much about Poppy except that she has red hair. Then it would be Leo, and since Beatrix was 16 in Seduce I have to assume that she has a LONG way to go until she is going to grow up to have her story.

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 12:20:04 PM PDT
M. Butler says:
Another surprised Kleypas reader weighing in here ... but she'll get around to Leo in her own time. I agree with HerStory Books above, Beatrix still has some maturing to do. Even as a sixteen year-old she seems quite "young" to me ... and only interested in her "pets." I just posted in the MINE TILL MIDNIGHT thread, and hope someone who is in this discussion group might be able to answer the question I put there. That is ... why was the Christoper Frost character eliminated from most of the audio book (I have the 8-disc CD set) and only inserted in the last quarter of the book as a relation to another character whom he never meets in the novel? Does anyone else out there have either version of the audio book and has also noticed this (what I consider) major change in the narrative? I would assume that Ms. Kleypas had to approve this change in the audio book. It's a little disconcerting for me after listening to the audio book while reading along with the novel (yeah, I'm very detail-oriented and anal-retentive!) and have to pass over two, three, and four pages because Christopher Frost just wasn't there! Oh well, as the author, Ms. Kleypas can make these changes if she wants to, right? But as Frost was "somewhat" important in Amelia's life, and also voiced most of the prejudicial remarks about and to Cam, perhaps that was her reason to just "do away" with him. Anyone else out there asking this same question????
Maureen B

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 9:19:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 2:47:12 PM PDT
Fen says:
I am really looking forward to Poppy's story. She is the one who is always there to help the others with their problems but is often overlooked as she is the good girl, always there to help the others and not cause the problems. I want her to shine, perhaps get into a little mischief and love a hero who will appreciate her. She can live her own life and dreams not just be the family's helpmate.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 9:07:55 PM PDT
Haylo says:
I just finished the book and it was probably the best so far in the series. However I had one tiny issue with it. This isn't really spoilerish but you may want to skip

There is a lot made of the family being social misfits etc. There's also emphasis on social status. Thus I found it odd that the fact that Kev and Cam are actually nobles now was never mentioned. Even though it was mentioned frequently that Leo came upon his title in a very roundabout fashion. The nobility is notoriously fickle in these stories. An Earldom being newly put into the family would be a big deal, so with no mention of it just bugged me a little. I actually had to go back and reread to make sure that I wasn't confusing books re: the new found title.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 9:32:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2009 9:33:14 PM PDT
J. P. says:
Haylo: Oh my gosh ... I completely forgot about that!! You're right! There was the whole thing about their grandfather, wasn't it, that came out in Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, Book 2).

Totally slipped my mind and I don't know where my copy is - did that development happen in the epilogue, because then maybe it's a few years after the series ends (or at least after TEMPT ME AT TWILIGHT takes place)?? If it wasn't, or was in the epilogue but the epilogue takes place before this book, then you're completely right - that's a slip-up.

Posted on Sep 27, 2009 10:23:27 AM PDT
m_rose says:
loved the new book! but a have to agree with Haylo about the nobility being a major issue, and the question of why the new titles weren't brought up. I was actually really looking forward to reading about that...

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 9:27:10 AM PDT
L. ROACH says:
Maybe the fact that Kev and Cam are of Irish nobility will play a role in Bea's story. You guys are right. I completely forgot about the gypsies' ass of a grandfather. I don't think it took much away from TEMPT ME AT TWIGHLIGHT though. What I do hope is that the things we have learned about Leo thus far in previous books are not glossed over so easily in MARRIED BY MORNING. I am especially interested in how LK is going to play this. Theo has loved and lost before. Most of us know that this has had an effect on his character thus far. I'm hoping LK doesn't down play this previous relationship....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  May 3, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 28, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaways, Book 3)
Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaways, Book 3) by Lisa Kleypas (Mass Market Paperback - September 22, 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (184)