on December 10, 2011
I have triplet boys and wanted loft beds that would be durable and safe. After extensive research I chose the Popsicle Kids Midsleeper Loft...the perfect size for VERY active three seven-year old boys.

The loft bed arrived via freight delivery. The twin bed was in one large box and the loft section in a second box. The boxes were fairly heavy and I needed some help to get everything into the house for set up. Each bed took about an hour to assemble...the directions were easy to follow. A wrench and all necessary nuts and bolts were included. The wood feels very sturdy and solid. The bed is well-finished..all edges are smooth and feel safe for kids. I love the fact that in the future I can purchase the extension kit to make this bed into either a bunk or a high sleeper loft. The beds can also be used as twin beds with the loft extensions removed. I purchased the white wash finish..it is very well-done with a subtle and neutral look.

Overall I am very pleased with this purchase and look forward to adding more Popsicle Kids furniture to our boys' room. The exceptional quality, the price, and coordinating furniture and extension kits were and the deciding factors for my purchase.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on September 4, 2012
Verified Purchase
Sturdy, versatile and durable bed frame.

We purchased this for my 6 yr old daughter. Though the product arrived late (we had to contact the mfr to find out why), it is a fantastic product.

Pros: It is made with wood rather than particle board. While this is a plus for the long term, it does take effort to put together. The effort is worth it. It is a very sturdy product. We feel this bed will last her until she leaves home. Another positive: it can convert into a single bed when done with the mid-sleeper. Also it can convert into a loft bed or bunk bed if you purchase the add-on pieces later. We really liked to option of putting the ladder on either left or right side of the front of the bed. The mfr has many different add-on products. We purchased "the cave". It's like a tunnel cover at the head of the bed. Our daughter loves it. Eventually we will purchase the side pockets and under curtain for the next holiday or birthday. I rated it educational and fun because of the space under the bed. My daughter can put on plays, she's made it a reading corner and stores her castle and figures under it. A very open-ended activity.

Cons: It took 2 people 10 hours to put it together. The claim of 1 person 1 1/2 hours in inaccurate. Also 2 people are needed to lift the twin bed part onto the mid-sleeper conversion piece. We received 2 defective screw inserts that stripped while we were trying them in different places. In hindsight I would have only tried 2 places instead of 3 and then called for replacements. The mfr was fantastic and replacements arrived in 2 days. They also sent us a second headboard since the original had stripped pieces lodged in it. Excellent customer service. A bit expensive, but worth it. We feel we will not need to purchase another bed frame and she can take it with her in the far future. Double check the condition of the wood pieces upon delivery. There were a few dings in the white finish due to storage and shipping. We put those pieces at the back. Some of the flaws naturally occur since wood knots are common in real wood products. There was a bit of time adjustment for our daughter. She loved the bed but had to get used to sleeping higher up. She felt safe with the rails and cave cover. Now she is doing fine (1+ month later).

We would buy it again in a minute and have been recommending it to friends and family.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again