Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on August 12, 2008
I hate to knock the Popular Mecanics videos, but I have to a little. On one level they are really well done, but the frenetic feel and the too wise kids, give it a harder edge, imo, than our other videos about rescue or science related subjects. I bought several of these videos and have pushed them to the back, in favor of those with more genuine real characters and a less intense feel. I much prefer Fred Levine's and one we have called "Kids Love Fire Engines" made by David and Cameron Barrett. I'll probably resell this one, I'm sorry to say.
on December 6, 2011
"PM Kids" videos are fantastic. I am amazed at how my 4-yr old retains facts gained from these videos. They are informative, interesting and a big step up from the little-kid videos we had (Here Comes a Train/Truck/Garbage Truck, etc...). I hightly recommend these - my boys love them, and they're far better than watching TV while I cook dinner!
on December 13, 2006
My 5 year old LOVES these DVD's!!! This one is one of his favorite. They teach you alot and make it seem pretty cool. Perfect for any kids that like to know why things work and want to get more technical explanations.
on August 1, 2010
My son (5 years old) loves this DVD. He has always been interested fire trucks and fire fighters so this was a big hit for him. The Popular Mechanics for Kids shows are lots of fun and teaches kids many things about science. I have bought most of the DVDs. My son watched the DVDs in a car when we were driving to the beach. It kept him busy for a while.
on June 1, 2010
The Popular Mechanics for Kids Dvd series are the absolute best I've seen. My two kids, ages 5 & 6 absolutely love them. My husband and I love watching them too. They are highly educational and appropriate for all ages. I highly recommend all the dvd's. You won't be disappointed.
on December 6, 2009
Popular Mechanics for Kids: Firefighters and Other Life Saving Heroes

In this dvd the kid hosts get to learn about fighting a forest fire, being a police officer. One even gets to shoot a gun!
Fly along in a helicopter on a man hunt. These kids get to do it all.
My 5 year old boy loves these programs. The first two were so enjoyed I bought the rest of the series.
This was a series on tv at one time, apparently. I hope they package the rest of the programs because the show was fab.
Each dvd has 4 episodes that are somewhat related. The 2 kid hosts explore different aspects of each subject.
Some are surprising but all are interesting, informative and they are professionally made.
In earlier reviews of this series I forgot to mention that grown ups find these programs interesting as well.
My husband and I love them as well.
on April 6, 2010
my son really likes all of the Popular Mechanics for kids. I wish they had more
on July 17, 2009
Bought when my son turned 4 - he's now 5 and still enjoys watching it. Worth the price. I am always impressed by Popular MEchanics for kids.
on November 19, 2012
This movie is very educational for young people. my grandson who is almost 5 liked it alot. He plays this video couple times a day.
on May 18, 2015
Excellent seller & product. My son loved the Firefighter & Heros DVD. Also shipping was quick & I would highly recommend - A++++