Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

VINE VOICEon February 14, 2010
I own a 2008 Porsche Cayman that sits in my garage for 2 to 3 weeks between drives. Although I was told to use a battery maintainer or risk getting a dead battery, I did not. Well, I learned the hard way and my battery did in fact die. It cost me $400 for Porsche to replace the battery and test the system. I immediately ordered this item to prevent such a thing from happening going forward. It is very simple to use...plug the charger into a standard wall outlet, the other end into your cigarette lighter outlet in the car. The wire is so thin that you can close the door without kinking the wire. I highly recommend this product to avoid the same costly mistake I made!
on July 3, 2014
I used it last winter for my 2009 Cayman. You just plug it into the wall and then into your cig lighter port (the console one, not the floor one). I didn't drive it for around 6 weeks and it started up fine with this maintainer. It has a very long cord length and can definitely withstand temps around -20F. It also has a light to let you know that it's working.
on May 29, 2014
Don't drive the car as much as I should, so often I go to start it and it is simply sluggish. Have been told I should even replace the alternator, just not doing as well as it should. Gets by and has never left me stranded, but sometimes the battery just needs a little extra oomph. So when it sits more than a couple of days I go out and throw this on for the night.

Cords are plenty long. Seems to work nicely. Would have given 5 stars if the LED was a smarter one, would be great to see it solid when full charging and either a different color or blinking when fully charged and moving to trickle, or something along those lines.

Once again Amazon had the item I needed and cheaper than I could get it elsewhere!
on January 6, 2010
Paid the premium to get the Porsche brand to ensure quality proper charge for the vehicle. It simply quit working after a month leaving me with a dead battery -- the absolute kiss of death to anyone with a Boxster given the issues associated with battery access. Hard to imagine a more simple electronic device. Poor quality control. A real disappointment.
on February 11, 2015
Plug in garage while Boxster is "resting" for snow periods during the winter. Long wire goes into Porsche between window and soft top, then close door. Open and close opposite door once a day to turn the charger on since the Porsche outlet apparently stops working after a half hour. Starts right away and battery stays well charged.
on October 11, 2013
I left for Juno June 18. Because I was catching an early flight I plugged in the battery maintainer the night before. I came back October 11. First thing I did was to go in the garage to see if the car would start. It did very strongly. The gadget seemed to have kept the battery charged for four months minus a few days. I don't think that the battery would have kept its charge without the gadget that long. But I don't know. I was just glad to have the car as I had to rush to get the busted water heater in the house replaced.
on September 29, 2014
I could of had this years ago. What a simple lovely gadget that you plug into your lighter and it maintains the battery. No more calls when I am traveling that the battery is weak or wont turn over. I LOVE THIS porsche battery maintainer. It works great, has the red light. highly recommend one for all Porsches that sit a lot in the garage.
on February 6, 2015
Works very well..It has a red battery charging indicator light that goes off when the battery is charged and "floating" (maintaining)..Also the cord is pretty long which makes it more convenient to use...
on December 23, 2014
Have one already. Works fantastic and loved it sooooo much I bought a second one for another vehicle.
Don't need a Porsche.....it works on all vehicles that sit for a time without being started. Well worth it!
on August 29, 2013
Recently purchased a Porsche Boxter and as I travel for long periods of time, new I needed a maintainer. The dealer was willing to sell this to me for $150. I found it thru Amazon at half that price. I have used this several times with excellent results. It plugs into an outlet in my glove compartmnet and the chord length is long enough to reach from one end of my two car garage to the other. The charger comes on when it deems the battery has shown a slight drain and shuts back off when charged. So far I am very pleased with my purchase.