5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, well put together
I got some of these totes from a more expensive vendor a few years back and they went out of business. I was so glad to finally find these bags again and at such a reat price! One thing I do wish is that they had longer straps, but it's perfect for holding at your side!

Here are some of the features I love:
- I can fit a large binder, a lap top, a bottled...
Published on February 6, 2010 by A. Haggerty

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh.
Nothing really special. It gets the job done. One thing I'd say is that the straps are too short to get over your shoulder with one hand. Girls with purses they carry on their shoulders would know what I'm talking about. It is cheap though.
Published on March 17, 2007 by Ms. Chanandelor Bong

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, well put together, February 6, 2010
This review is from: Port & Company - Essential Tote.

Here are some of the features I love:
- I can fit a large binder, a lap top, a bottled water, and more in the tote
- The interrior pockets are perfect for business cards and a couple of pens
- The outside pocket is a little small but perfect for a bottled water
- The texture is strong enough so it doesn't just flop over, but soft enough that I could get our logo stitched on, no problem
- They're lined on the inside witha a microfiber so if I put it down in a puddle I wouldn't be worried right off the bat about the contents getting wet
- There was no smell that I noticed, other than that of new plastic
- The handles are very well attached, I carry very heavy and cumbersome items and they don't have any issue holding.

Overall, for $3 you can't complain about these bags

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh., March 17, 2007

1.0 out of 5 stars will return this bag, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Port & Company - Essential Tote.
In small print on a tag that most people probably won't read it says:

"This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm."

I will be returning this bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this tote, May 9, 2011
Great buy! I have used it for work and as a traveling tote for books and snacks. I added a piece of cardboard to the bottom of the tote and it stands on its own; very practical

4.0 out of 5 stars handy, affordable tote, October 5, 2007
Perfect size for books and typical tote-ables. Handle too short for shoulder but price is right (shipping was more than the value of the bag)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tote for work, May 12, 2007
nice side pocket for an umbrella and two small pockets inside perfect for keys .... good tote size, I wish the handles were longer so I could hang it on my shoulder, but I really like it

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional, September 27, 2011
I got it because I really needed a bag for my school. This is big enough for my very big and heavy textbooks, a water bottle on the side and a lot of other random stuff. I do wish it had more inner pockets for keys or my phone (by the way, iphone wouldn't fit in the inner pocket it has), and I also kinda wish it got zippers. Oh and about the straps, I'm 5'3 and I can wear this bag on my shoulder, but my friend who's 5'6 can't wear it on hers, so if you're looking for a shoulder tote, better make sure. But anyway, it's only $7, and it looks pretty good, and is great as a school tote, so yeah, I wouldn't complain too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-duper tote bags, August 8, 2009
I got tired of working with flimsy store-provided tote bags for the new "must-do" chore: bringing your own bags for your groceries. So I looked for some decent tote bags and found these. They come in a zillion colors (I got pink, purple, and hot pink) and they work perfectly. They are just the right size and hold about as much as the old paper sacks used to. They have handles, so they're easier to carry. They have a flap with a couple of pockets on the inside, and the inside is some kind of water-repellent fabric. I've never had trouble with frozen food; if a bag ends up wet, I just sponge it off, let it dry for a while, and it's ready to go again.

One thing to watch out for, if you're interested in using these totes for grocery bags: the cashiers at grocery stores HATE them. You know how everything at grocery stores is standardized? Well, these bags don't work the same way the thin plastic ones do, so they're a pain in the patootie. And if you use them on one of the automated checkouts that works by weighing items, they will cause problems by knocking the scale off. There's just no way they can weigh "zero" the way the flimsy plastic can. Of course none of these problems is insurmountable, especially if you have a cooperative cashier. Just be ready.

I won't go back to plastic or paper bags at the grocery. THese tote bags are inexpensive, sturdy, attractively colored, and roomy.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Tote, February 24, 2009
This Port Authority Tote Bag is "Just Right" in size, color and material. It is very well made and because of the type of material used, you just KNOW it will NOT fall apart if called upon to carry a "heavy load." Considering its price, which was very reasonable, the buyer can be sure he is getting more than his money's worth!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bag I own, November 29, 2010
I love this bag. I got it in the Stone color and it goes with everything. It's really durable and has stood up to Chicago weather, going all over the public transit, thrown on the ground, and shoved into cabinets during work. It holds so much stuff too.

I was originally worried about the pockets because the two inside pockets look a little small but they are great for holding flash drives, bus passes, nail files, chapstick, etc. The side pocket was a little weird at first because it's so narrow and deep, but then I started putting pens and stuff in there and it's perfect for that. I can also fit my Blackberry Bold in that pocket too and with it's rubbery back, it doesn't fall far down into the pocket. My phone also fits in the smaller inside pockets.

The only qualm I have had with it is that with a puffy coat, it's a little more snug when it's up on my shoulder, but a pea coat or lighter it fits over-the-shoulder just fine and sits close to the body.

I love it and would buy another one especially since it's $5.

Port & Company - Essential Tote.
$3.00 - $10.89