Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

Size: 42 x 30 inches|Change

on February 5, 2013
I read the reviews and came away concerned that the parallel mechanism might not be the best. But I ordered in anyway, hoping it would be good enough. Now I'm wondering why several people complained about it not working right. Mine moves easily up and down, always stays parallel, and feels like a quality product. It is a little confusing when you first see it because of how the knobs are designed. I did have to read the directions carefully to find out how to work it. Maybe those people didn't bother to read the directions. Anyway, when properly used, the bar slides up and down when you want and locks securely into place when that's what you want. The legs fold out of the way for storage and the handle grip makes it easy to carry. It's an entirely functional product, good quality, and performs exactly as advertised. What more could you want?
on May 19, 2011
Good board made by a good company bought from a good company. It is a good portable table suitable for architectural drawings or any drawings that need parallel lines. I used a similar board in school & bought this for my nephew to teach him drafting. If you are not familiar with how a parallel edge board works you must know that after you set the rule straight you must be careful with the cables on the back of the board. If you pull on the cables it is easy enough to reset & tighten the parallel rule straight again. Most of my architectural supplies are made by Alvin & I found Alvin to be a reliable, accurate & trusted company, as I have used their products for close to 20 years. I recommend you buy an adjustable triangle, some drafting dots or masking tape, a pencil, a scale ruler & an eraser.
on July 8, 2011
i didnt want a big art table because my room isnt very big. Purchased this item and ive had it for a half a yr already. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I prop it on my computer desk and it works great! doesn't slip doesn't move i even put pressure on it by leaning in when im drawing never moves! the bottom has rubber ridges so it will stay put. Its a very great buy for any artist. whether its drawing comics or even using markers and what not. Also the table surface wipes clean with ease. awesome buy great price!
on July 17, 2013
Given the price point and the one star review below I expected the product to be stiff and somewhat difficult to use. Nothing could be further from my experience. It took less than 5 minutes to go from never having used a drafting table to becoming comforatble with how to set up and use this board.

As a general drawing surface with a parallel edge, it functions well. It is easy to set up and can grip the edge of the table to extend the available real estate on a desk and move the surface to a more comfortable position for drawing.

While I can imagine that there are boards where the moving parts are smoother, it's hard to imagine any in this price range. I suspect that the torn sheets mentioned in the poor review here were due to not gentely lifting the straight edge up before sliding it. In any case, I think it's a great product, especially for a newbie like me.
on September 26, 2011
I purchased this drawing board, knowing Alvin is a good brand for drafting equipment. This board with it's supposed "parallel bar" is a piece of junk! Every time I slide the straightedge up or down the board I have to ensure it IS perpendicular to the edge of the board with a triangle. I have taken the whole assembly apart and put it back together but to no avail. I adjust and re-adjust the various dials and controls and it gets me nowhere FAST. What a waste of my time and money! This is a sham and Alvin and Amazon should pull the product and refund all customers immediately.
on January 9, 2007
This board it's great if you don't have enough room in your house to setup a desk to work on architectural design or drafting, since they can fold and be stored away. I recently purchased one of these boards (30X42) inches, but I found out that it was too big for what I need it, so I ended up returning it and buying a small one. The only thing I didn't like was, that the straight Edge it's bolted to the board and sometimes its a little difficult to aligned the paper.
on April 15, 2014
This is a good board, however the description says made in USA, when the front of the box says made in china, I was very unhappy about this. That aside, the board is nice and parallel bar seems to stay true, however, after a little use you'll notice that the edge of the bar really isn't dressed the way it should be, this isn't an issue for drawing, but it does tend to catch the tape or drafting dots holding your paper down, this little detail is annoying, and if you don't pay attention could totally ruin your work.
on October 12, 2009
The product I ordered arrived when I wasn't home. When I got home I opened the shipping container to find that the parallel bar was broken in shipping. I simply called the toll free number on the invoice; talked to a very polite and efficient representative and the replacement parts ordered and shipped immediately. I have to compliment the customer care service I have received, Thank you.
on October 17, 2010
This product is replacing my school drafting table. It is easy to move and functions well for the purposes that I needed it for. The only downfall is that the parallel bar sometimes gaps to far from the board so that my drawing guides slide underneath it or you have to spend time messing with the adjustments to make it move properly.
on September 21, 2014
I was very excited about ordering this board - I needed a parallel board to prepare drawings for a home remodel project and this was the perfect size for my needs, and the price was right. Unfortunately, the board arrived in a cardboard box that had been busted wide open. The fed-ex driver didn't even ring the doorbell - he was driving off as I opened the door (probably because he knew I would refuse delivery). The board itself was also damaged, which is no wonder since there was no protective wrapping such as bubble wrap, Styrofoam, or corner protectors, used to protect it in transit - it had just been thrown in the box. The product itself was cheaply made and falling apart. Although I knew that at this price, it wasn't going to be a high quality sheet of wood, I was not expecting particle board that would already be damaged, crumbling and chipped upon delivery. Even if it had been wrapped properly for shipping, I have no doubt that this board would have fallen apart within weeks of use. Don't waste your money on this junk.