|Item Weight||9.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9 x 9 x 7 inches|
|Item model number||12680040|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 year replacement warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $11.99 shipping
Portasol 012680040 820 Watt Gas Torch
|Price:||$42.23 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.24 (32%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Adjustable flame length of up to 115mm (4-1/2 inches) with a welded stainless steel head that protects the burner
- High-power torch reaches temperatures of up to 2,462 degrees Fahrenheit
- Up to 45-minute run time with an on/off ignition switch and safety button
- Applicable for soldering joints, plumbing and brazing, heat shrink tubing, paint stripping, air conditioning, and loosening frozen or rusted nuts and bolts
- Compact and lightweight 7oz (198g) high-power 7,797 BTU/h flame power-torch is ideal for hard-to-reach areas
- Ultrasonically welded gas tanks prevents gas leaking upon exposure to impact, UV light or hot and cold temperatures
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The compact, lightweight Portasol Torch 820 high-power butane torch offers an easy grip for a variety of applications. It's great for soldering joints, plumbing and brazing, heat shrink tubing, paint stripping, heating and bending thin metal, fusing rope ends, loosening frozen or rusted nuts and bolts, and maintaining air conditioning units.
The tool's DuPont-engineered, butane-compatible plastics are ultrasonically welded prevents gas leaking on exposure to impact, UV light, and hot/cold temperatures, extending its life. Weighing just 7 ounces, it's ideal for accessing hard-to-reach areas while maintaining a good grip. Ready instantly, the wind-resistant Torch 820 offers an adjustable flame length of up to 4-1/2 inches with a flame temperature of up to 2,462 degrees F. You'll get up to 45 minutes of continuous use (at the middle setting). It easily refills via a self-venting refill valve with butane lighter gas in just 10 seconds. It also features an all-in-one on/off ignition switch, a safety button, and a detachable safety stand.
All Portasol torches are tested for two weeks before final set to ensure reliable ignition and adjustable temperature control. Made in Ireland (and proudly stamped with Déanta in Eirinn), this tool is backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
Torch 820; detachable safety stand; operating instructions
Great for soldering joints and brazing, heat shrink tubing, and more (view larger).
Top Customer Reviews
- As said in other reviews: the gas level window is absolutely useless. Even holding it up to a lamp, you can't see a fluid level at all. Of course, it doesn't really affect the usability, but having a window that is useless seems to be a design fail.
- Speaking of design: I love the curve on the rear side of the grip but really miss a little curve on the front for my index finger: holding the torch it a slight bit awkward at first.
- I wish that using the switch to stop the gas flow would be easier to do one-handed.
All in all: would definately buy again, would definately buy an improved version as well!
08-14-2013: After only a few occasional use since I bought it, the ignition mechanism stopped working completely. I'd try to fire multiple times and the little "spark" just won't start. This will be my first and last product bought from this company. This torch was not cheap! Going back to Blazer.
Only drawback is that it runs out kinda fast on full blast but not to fast or anything.
And for the safety, just pull it out and dab a little super glue in there, you'll be good to go!
Oh and the people in the other reviews my need to get their eyes checked because the fuel gauge works just fine! Its not crystal clear or anything, but you can tell the fuel level easily if you look closely.
My favorite little torch!
This is my favorite torch ever!
+ Safety lock [no leaking in my bag]
+ Gas release is far away from the plastic [less worries about overheating the torch]
+ Durable [wont be breaking anytime soon]
+ Adjustable gas release rate [wanna light your cigar? or incinerate it?]
+ Holds quite a bit of gas
I have no complaints on this [surprisingly, since I always complain]
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Description accurate, fast shipping, product performs as expected. Wish I had this years ago!Published 2 months ago by Terebush
Among other uses, this makes a great fire starter in our wood-burning stove. The super hot flame "kick starts" the draft as it ignites the kindling.Published 8 months ago by John Mercer