4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars
Item came in as eaxctly as it was described...Thank you
Published 2 months ago by Chris Guinto

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea but bad delivery
Published on June 7, 2011 by KingBarri

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea but bad delivery, June 7, 2011
This review is from: Hip Street Portfolio Case for Playbook with Bluetooth Keyboard (HS-PBCASE-3IN1) (Personal Computers)
The keyboard is pretty neat looking. I opened it up immediately when I got it, linked it with my Playbook but I cant use the item because *** everytime I hit the SPACE BAR it does an ENTER function ***. Also if you hit shift, control or alt space to try and make it preform an actual space bar function, the Playbook will freeze. It blows because I want the product but it doesn't work well at all.

Good idea bad product, I only hope that the model I have is in fact a defective one. I will be contacting the customer service team for an exchange or refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, July 14, 2011
This item is a complete joke....First the charging method you have to charge it only through a USB which sucks. Then after i charged it i set it up on my blackberry playbook and it stays connected for a whole 5 seconds and then disconnects on its own. I want my money back!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs work, October 12, 2011
I like the product however it's a little bulky and heavy. Works well although I had a little trouble setting up the Bluetooth connection to the keyboard. I bought it for my wife she could never have got the Bluetooth connected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loss of Connection, December 12, 2011
The product looks great but, that's about all it does. When I pair the keyboard to the device it works for about a half of a sentence then it locks up and takes forever to wake up. A complete waste of money!

1.0 out of 5 stars looks great works terrible, October 17, 2011
I was so excited to get my wireless keyboard that I didn't listen to the pior feedback on this product. It does exactly what it said. The keyboard drops the wireless feed and then you have to wait and see if it will reconnect on its own or you have to do it. Then even if it says it is connected it takes a few seconds to start working again. I got it to help with taking notes, but with the poor connection all it does is leave me frustrated! DO NOT waste your time or money with this poor piece of plastic. It is not even heavy enough for a paper weight!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop selling this faulty item, February 4, 2012
This is actually a review for a friend... who has a Playbook. Same issue as noted by the other reviewers. The keyboard will connect and allow him to enter a sentence or two... then it just locks up. No connection. Then it finally connects again... then drops connection again... completely unreliable. Whats the point? I tried this on my own Playbook... same results.

This item just is not worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fraud !!!, October 8, 2012
This specific item is PATHETIC. It is NOT leather. The CARDBOARD delaminated at every magnet location upon initial opening. BE CAREFULL with the manufacture names, the subtle difference of a space makes these manufacturers completely different. This was poor quality: Hip Street Portfolio Case for Playbook with Bluetooth Keyboard (HS-PBCASE-3IN1)

I ordered this one and is of good quality and am satisfied: Hipstreet 7-Inch Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for Asus Google Nexus (HS-ANX7FKBCS-BK)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing customer service, July 20, 2012
When the portfolio was received it seemed to a great little unit, despite the fact that it had a few little cosmetic flaws. It was a gift for my husband for Father's Day. However after a few weeks when taking the playbook out of the unit for a cleaning, the line connecting the keyboard to the playbook pulled completely out of the unit. Great care was used to disconnect the playbook as he had become very dependant on its usefullness and convenience, but it did not matter, the cord simply pulled free from the unit. Being sure that this was just a defect, I contacted the seller to ask about anything they could do regarding this defect. I was informed that since the unit was beyond their 30 day refund policy, that I was out of luck. Yes, I agree that the 30 days is over, however, not by much, by a mere 7 days from my inquiry and in fact only 2 days from the time the unit fell apart. The companies lack of integrity to cover an item that it sells because of a policy that ended days before the units demise seems sad. One would expect better loyalty to customers if they expect continued support of their merchandise. I, for one, will not be purchasing from this company again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yup, drops the connection constantly, March 28, 2012
Just as others here have reported, mine drops the connection to the Playbook constantly. It's unusable. Silly me, I did not return it because I was hoping that the Playbook's OS 2.0 update would fix the problem. I had hope because the keyboard actally works with my laptop flawlessly. It never drops the connection and it never stutters (another problem others have reported). Of course, I don't need a bluetooth keyboard for my laptop (LOL) - I need it to work with my Playbook. Unfortunately, after updating the PB with OS 2.0 the keyboard still has the same problems. Hip Street won't admit there is a problem (I emailed them when I first bought it). Given that the keyboard works fine with the laptop I am now inclined to believe the problem actually lies with the PB. It's not like it is a perfect device, now is it? OS 2.0 fixed many things but some things on the PB still don't work well. Oh well, money down the drain.

1.0 out of 5 stars It never worked, December 23, 2012
No Bluetooth connection. Spent more than an hour trying but gave up.
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM HIPSTREET.
Too bad, as they are Canadian, it gives us a bad name.