5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!
Published on April 12, 2005 by Effie

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Rehash
The author gives vague advice, the "calm down", "be objective" cliche advice. If you don't believe me, I'm literally quoting him.

Although the author tries to make his book seem original, as you can read, it's not merely about imagining yourself in positive circumstances, but mixed with the generic advice I mentioned. This is not something revolutionary, this...
Published on July 8, 2006 by Daniel Night

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!, April 12, 2005
Effie (New England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life (Paperback)
Seventeen years ago I was a seriously depressed young mother facing a devastating divorce when I happened to come across this book in a pharmacy. When I first opened the book and began reading, I had the first glimmering of hope that I had had in a long time, and this book eventually changed my life, much for the better! Although Dr. Peale's way of writing would seem somewhat old-fashioned to modern-minded people, his basic message is of hope, and if you follow his instructions, you CAN change your life! Dr. Peale encourages people to "expect a miracle" and "act as if" a miracle can happen -- and it CAN! This book is a classic, I'm so glad to see Amazon is selling it, and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Why not try it yourself, and find out? You can buy a used copy of the original here at Amazon for .01 cents! You have nothing to lose -- and everything to gain.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me to change my confusion into understandin, February 10, 1999
By A Customer
This book showed me how to simply turn my negative thoughts into positive thoughts. I have read many books on the subject of positive thinking and books of healing. Mr Peale focused on the Love of our God and His Son, Jesus Christ. I have referred to this book so often that it has literally fallen apart at its seams. I will get another copy as I really do believe in what Mr. Peale is saying to be the complete truth. This book is a must read for anyone suffering from anything in life, so that means everyone should read this excellent book. I am almost fifty years old and I have encountered some great problems in life and this book shows me how to face them. Mr Peale refers to Biblical passages throughout the book all of which are authentic, for I have checked. This book is certainly one of the best pieces of self-help literature that one could be fortunate to find. Read it, you'll be glad you did. Patty Harman

5.0 out of 5 stars A Manual for life!!, September 18, 1997
This book takes positive thinking to a new level. A picture is worth a thousand words. So results are fast track. This man (Norman Vincent Peale) would have ruled the talk show circuit if that was his desire, but his pleasures had more depth than the tabloid mentality. Bravo on one of the greatest books ever written

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfully Inspiring!, November 25, 2003
Dr. Peale begins by explaining the concept of imaging as a form of "mental engineering" which is derived from the term imagination. He goes on to add that "a long-held visualization of an objective or goal can become determinative." He says this process has worked for him. He cautions that this method is not some form of magic, that it opens doors, but once those doors open, it is up to the person to follow through with discipline, work, and persistence.
As a Christian, Dr. Peale points out that the power of imaging is secondary to a more important thought, that being that "there is an all-powerful Being in the universe who loves me and who is only a prayer away." He talks about a relationship with Jesus Christ being more significant than goal-accomplishment or any other thought, achievement, or creation seen or invisible.
This book will help you improve your quality of life because it contains so many truths. Through reading it you will gain a perspective that will help you to overcome the challenges you face. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Inspiring, December 2, 1998
By A Customer
I've read many self-help books, as well as various books which include imaging for goal setting, etc. This was written by someone who knows what he is talking about, has had many years of experience with imaging. His belief in what he is writting comes accross very intensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comforting in times of trouble, March 26, 2011
Lucy (Lords Valley, PA) - See all my reviews
I just finished Positive Imaging. It was the second of NVP's books, the first being Positive Thinking. I've read a lot of self help books over the past 25 years because I've had anxiety my whole life. I must say that this book is so comforting. Yes, he is very religious and he lets you know it in his writing. If you're not into that you may not appreciate the book. He quotes a lot of scripture, but to me it adds a lot to the meaning of his own words. The many short stories of people who have used his and their own techniques of Positive Imaging (which is literally imagining things going the way you want them to which steers the circumstances in that direction, kind of like the more new age discription of "Law of Attraction". You get what you think about and believe.) I've discovered that when I'm feeling anxious I can just open one of NVP's books, read a few pages and feel uplifted. It works on my negative thoughts and keeps me thinking in a positive way.
I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Master of Postive Energy!, November 8, 2007
Dr. Peale delivers a positive message about the power of thinking and imaging. He has taken the old truths about attracting what we think about and made it easy to digest for the general public. If one follows his simple but profound advice they will find a spiritual path that will lead to a more positive life. His advice is as sound today as was when he first wrote these words in this book.

I read this book when it first came out at least a decade ago but I find that there is much value going back to read it again from time to time. A true test of a good book is one that still rings true no matter how many years have passed. This book will rank right up there with other of his classic works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Powerful and Very Inspiring!, April 21, 2006
RN (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent! I have learned so much from it. I highly recommend it. Do not hesitate to purchase this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Visualize, Pray, Believe, Thank (even before you receive), May 29, 2011
I just finished this book and am on a bit of a high. After experimenting with the writer's simple suggestions about visualizing, my life is slowly changing before my eyes. In fact, I wrote down a tweet that I hoped to receive from a fellow writer. I believed it would come true. I prayed it would come true. I thanked God that it did come true (before it did). A few days later, the tweet arrived. Some of the words in the tweet were word for word to the ones I visualized and write in my journal. This book is a gift to humans. Accept it and give thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Book on Positive Imaging!, December 17, 2007
My first exposure to Norman Vincent Peale was his book, "The Power of Positive Thinking." I was very inspired by that book and was therefore anxious to read "Positive Imaging." I'm glad I did.

In this book, he talks in depth about imaging, which involves picturing an image of your goal in your mind and focusing on that image until it enters your subconscious mind and releases the energy needed to make the image a reality.

He provides a number of stories about people who have used the power of imaging and achieved their desired outcomes, including stories from his own life. I have tried this and it does work, if you stay with it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life
Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life by Norman Vincent Peale (Paperback - August 27, 1996)
$14.00 $9.33