4.0 out of 5 stars Review, September 20, 2013
This review is from: The Positive Side of Chemo (Paperback)
As a cancer and chemo survivor, I found it easy to understand the depth of emotions and the fear Gina Boucher experienced from the day she was told she had cancer. Through some wonderful experiences which came to her during treatment, she found not only a new and wonderful gift which began to blossom from within, but the ability to take this gift she discovered and create a talent she had no idea existed.

She not only learned she could express her most personal feelings in the form of colorful and meaningful artwork, but also poetry that is so easy to understand and actually relate to. I never would believe there was a "positive side" to chemo treatment, however, this young woman will convince you through her art and meaningful words, that there is a "positive side" to chemotherapy. This book is a joy to read and one you will always keep.

I recommend this book as a must read for all cancer survivors, and those who are in treatment, and more importantly to those who may in their years ahead someday be faced to hear those words. "You have cancer".

Thomas G. Casey
Author
"Island Drummer" & "Beaches, Blondes and Bellhops"

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have to all who have had cancer or know someone is has cancer!!!!, May 10, 2014
This review is from: The Positive Side of Chemo (Paperback)
This book from start to finish was both inspiring, and emtional. It truly shows the courage and strenth that Gina had during her chemo and how she changed her outlook on her entire life during her ordeal. This book hit me personally for two reasons, one being that I myself am a two time breast cancer survivor and went through my own chemo while having a toddler and a newborn. I went through my chemo while raising my children but had the support of my husband, friends, and Aunt who lives nearby. I also had the support of my parents and inlaws who live out of state. I wish that I had 1/4 of the strength that Gina had and so eloquently portrays in her book!!! On a more personal level, Gina is my sister in law and I am proud to also call her my friend. This book is a true acccomplishment Gina. I write this not becasue she is my sister in law but because this book is a MUST READ!!! Even knowing what she went through, tears came to my eyes with just about every page and a big smile was upon my face at the end of this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for anyone with cancer!, December 7, 2013
This review is from: The Positive Side of Chemo (Paperback)
You will not find a clearer, simpler or more beautiful expression of the joy you can experience if you just decide to make your experience with cancer a positive one as Gina did, and then take actions to make sure it is. Down-to-earth common sense blended with beautiful drawings and poems. Very easy to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just about chemo, or cancer - its so much more, September 12, 2013
This review is from: The Positive Side of Chemo (Paperback)
This book is about a complete change of life, and attitude... from negative to positive, from loss of faith to a return to faith. Her cancer diagnosis and chemo treatment were just the catalyst that brought about the change. Excellent poetry and original artwork make this an all around visually enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, inspirational, November 10, 2014
This review is from: The Positive Side of Chemo (Paperback)
Excellent, inspirational, beautiful and amazing artwork! Gina Boucher is a wildly talented artist and author! Recommended for anyone who has faced any adversity in their lifetime!

5.0 out of 5 stars Intimate & Beautiful!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: The Positive Side of Chemo (Paperback)
I purchased this for a dear friend who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. It's an intimate portrayal of the author's journey with cancer and the artwork is absolutely beautiful.

The Positive Side of Chemo
The Positive Side of Chemo by Gina Boucher (Paperback - June 27, 2013)
$17.95 $16.37