Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 14, 2011
When I first started using this it took me a while to get used to it. It is difficult to describe the difference but the best I can do is when you're speaking into it it gives the feeling and the sound of being in another place. First because it's large and second because it takes the sound of the room away. I live next to an interstate and recording where my computer sits is a perfectly good option now.

When I first got this and started recording with it I wasn't blown away by the difference but when I took it off I realized why these exist. In any room there is a slight reverb/open sound when recorded with a condenser microphone and when I'm equalizing tracks I no longer have to worry about making small background noises more audible since now they're practically non-existent. The recording sounds extremely pure and using effects is a much more satisfying experience all around.

Basically, this shield sounds exactly like you would purchase it for and it isn't overly expensive. There are more expensive ones out there that have higher quality sound reinforcement but the foam this thing uses is pretty thick and similar or the same to foam used in many other sound reinforcement wall panels, just not shaped.

The bottom line is if you really want a pure sound and have everything else to get it, this is the perfect compliment to your setup. It doesn't color the sound at all and works great. If you have the money go for a more expensive one but you're not going to be getting a huge difference from what this one offers.
on July 18, 2011
With items like these, you can't expect room acoustic miracles but they work good enough. I have a SE Reflexion filter and needed something for another room I have and ran across this filter. I have to say there's not much of a difference at all. Plus its less expensive than most of its competitors.
on September 15, 2012
Short version: effectiveness is negligible, mounting setup is easy but a bit awkward. All in all, not worth while for my setup, but might be good for some.

Longer version:
After putting up several acoustic absorbers (fiberglass panels, covered and mounted on the wall) in my home studio, I was still getting unwanted reflections and decided to try this reflection filter out. The setup, as others have noted, was pretty easy, though even with all the screws tightened the filter's position was a little unstable and it would shift around from time to time. This wasn't too much of a problem, but a small annoyance. It's important to note, also, that this filter must be mounted on a straight stand. That's probably true for any such product, since the extra weight would topple any non-weighted boom stand.

Before setting up the reflection filter, I had made several voice over recordings to test against. Once the filter was in place, I made several new recordings with the exact same mic, position, settings, etc., and compared the two. The difference was negligible. I tried adjusting the positioning of the reflection filter a few times, but ultimately, the results remained the same. I speculate that this product might provide greater benefit to an otherwise untreated room, and therefore would be a good option for someone who couldn't mount any proper acoustic panels on their walls, but it's hard to say. The bottom line: it didn't work for me, so I returned it.
on September 1, 2014
It's heavy, and it isn't the stand because the problem is where the filter connects to the adapter. It seems to filter well enough. If your mic is taller than the one in the pic it will sit at the top of it. It's not very adjustable. To be fair, this may be a problem with all of these. This is the only one I've tried.
on March 16, 2013
Set it up in a untreated room for testing. The results were good! The only issues I found was that the arf 32 creates a proximity effect that boosts up low end. To fix this I just pulled the mic forward!
on June 9, 2013
I brought this product a while ago. I have a Sterling ST55 mic which is a dope mic for a low price. It works pretty good. I dont have to spend money on treating my studio. I record hip hop music so this was perfect and save money for the time being. Hey works go get it. www.iamcedwynez.com
on June 18, 2011
I hate wasting money and I hate that I wasted my money on this. Hopefully I'll save someone else the headache,the heartache,and the feeling of buyers remorse.

This Post Audio ambient/reflection/room filter/voice booth and the 99 names it goes under outside of ARF-32? Is a cheap SE electronic bootleg from ebay. Can you take a guess as to where I brought mine?

The Good: 5 Stars

It's adjustable and looks like a good copy of the SE electronics one. Same kind of adjusting system for your microphone. They copied it well but mounting positions seemed kind of limited. Boom mic = not going to happen.

The Bad: -1 star

It bends,it stretches,it wobbles and it flexes! Is it a Slinky? No! It's the ARF-32! Why is that? Because the metal these guys used to make this thing out of is paper thin. Then they jammed some sort of chunky funky foam inside the front of it. It's light and I mean really light because there's nothing to it. The play foam is all there was. Great, so I just spent over a hundred dollars for a giant wedge of foam.

The Ugly: -2 stars

How it sounds. It makes you sound muffled when you're recording with it. Not exactly what I was expecting even from a bootleg. It doesn't have anything to filter your voice except for the foam. Like a bootleg it looks like it should work but it just doesn't. If this was the first filter I used I probably wouldn't know any better but it wasn't. It was like trying to talk into a pillow. Like it chokes your microphone. If it were maybe half the price I wouldn't be so upset but this isn't worth the money at all. My mic setup actually sounded better without this hindrance attached to it.

Price: -1 star

Overpriced very much so. It should be priced at 20% of what they're asking for this thing because you only get 20% the performance of a real filter. Never thought I'd still be so upset about something I just brought as a gift for someone else to use.
on June 18, 2011
Sometimes you get a deal when it comes to knockoffs and sometimes you get just wait you pay for and in this case I got even less.

The Good: 5 Stars

The Bad: -1 star

The Ugly: -2 stars

Price: -1 star

on March 4, 2013
The filter works great because i didn't have a booth to work with. Vocals come out out very smooth. Great product great price.
on December 28, 2011
I live in an apartment surrounded by different kinds of noise, cars, a child playing outside, and planes flying above near an airport terminal. This filter is just the right instrument, with a little help from a comforter hang over to a divider, almost eliminated all the noise during vocal recording (of course not all the time), without saying that I am using a condenser microphone.

Great for a demo recording, very light and can be moved around without effort! The price is just perfect compared to a $300, heavy filter( don't know why it has to be that heavy!) with the same function.

To Post Audio, thank you so much for this product!!